ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

Who is Steevenson?
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

gonna pick wrasslin over wrestling
He probably has millions of reasons to do so, but could probably work it out to do all three. His college wrestling would be limited, but he already proved he could take a year off and dominate freestyle. Maybe he could get permission to wrestle the biggest meets, big tens and nationals.

Reactions: 12tdsaw and el dub
He probably has millions of reasons to do so, but could probably work it out to do all three. His college wrestling would be limited, but he already proved he could take a year off and dominate freestyle. Maybe he could get permission to wrestle the biggest meets, big tens and nationals.

I'm guessing it would be January through April (trials). Assuming he makes the Olympic team, they'll cut him some slack.

Gable wrestled the US Open after leaving his shoes on the mat. To me that says he is 100% in on defending his Olympic title. What puts him in the best position for that:
-WWE NXT Series (prospect showcase?)
-NCAA Season in Minny room
-NCAA season in Iowa City

Maybe there are other options? If not I would think option 3 in a landslide puts him into his best position.

And let’s not forget he is wrestling in Serbia for a World Title in September. (Unless something has changed?)

He is obviously back with goals of another Olympic Gold Medal.

Who does he train with in the Minnesota room? Eggum?

In the Iowa room he will have Cass, Kueter, Warner, possibly AJ Ferrari, etc….

Reactions: IRONBIRD
And let’s not forget he is wrestling in Serbia for a World Title in September. (Unless something has changed?)

If he does come, I think AJ is a real possibility if his court case in September goes well. They would be great workout partners, and would help Cass and Keuter immensely while they red shirt. We have had chances to upgrade 197, recently with NDSU 197, who could have followed his 2 teammates. This tells me they are all in on AJ , and are just taking their chances with his legal issue. I can understand this strategy, because we would need a major upgrade like AJ, and Gable to even have an outside chance at catching PSU next year.

I've run this through my head and tried to view it from WWE's perspective and the main thing I keep coming back to is, why give airtime on a globally televised show to make an announcement about leaving the company for a few years to chase another gold medal? Initially I thought they wouldn't. The more I thought about it though, the more it makes sense. Gable was not met with a reception the company thought he would be. He was supposed to be the next Kurt Angle, but Angle had two things going for him that Gable doesn't. He won the gold in the United States and at the time, a majority of pro wrestling fans were also sports fans. Gable won his gold overseas, and nowadays, wrestling fans are primarily video game playing, comic book reading, hipsters who couldn't tell you when the Super Bowl is played. Very few knew who Gable Steveson was. This could be a chance for them to produce a weekly series or at least a documentary following Gable as he does what's right for America, and conquers the world once again. The WWE can package and promote it and expose him to their fanbase.

2022 world team member hayden zillmer (who swept gwiz at final X last year) and tony nelson

he won a gold medal training in that room less than 24 months ago. i don't think that opportunity to train with cass, kueter (after football is done, of course), and AJ (assuming he's acquitted) is as appetizing as some of you think

if he comes to iowa city, seems like attention, drama, and $$$ are the draw

2022 world team member hayden zillmer (who swept gwiz at final X last year) and tony nelson

he won a gold medal training in that room less than 24 months ago. i don't think that opportunity to train with cass, kueter (after football is done, of course), and AJ (assuming he's acquitted) is as appetizing as some of you think

Is it appetizing to have a washed up Tony Nelson lay on you and do nothing?

Is it appetizing to have a washed up Tony Nelson lay on you and do nothing?
say what you want about tony nelson, but he's more accomplished on the mat than any hawkeye hwt in the past 2 decades

my point was that i don't think the difference in training partners is in favor of HWC - it is, at best, a tie

Reactions: USPMAN

He would finally be on a college team where his points make a difference in where the team places. Smartest thinking Minnesota did was secure his brother.

If he does come, I think AJ is a real possibility if his court case in September goes well. They would be great workout partners, and would help Cass and Keuter immensely while they red shirt. We have had chances to upgrade 197, recently with NDSU 197, who could have followed his 2 teammates. This tells me they are all in on AJ , and are just taking their chances with his legal issue. I can understand this strategy, because we would need a major upgrade like AJ, and Gable to even have an outside chance at catching PSU next year.
I am repeating myself, but was told months ago that there is little-to-no chance of AJ being eligible this year to wrestle no matter how his court case turns out, due to academics and progress towards a degree.

Reactions: el dub
I've run this through my head and tried to view it from WWE's perspective and the main thing I keep coming back to is, why give airtime on a globally televised show to make an announcement about leaving the company for a few years to chase another gold medal? Initially I thought they wouldn't. The more I thought about it though, the more it makes sense. Gable was not met with a reception the company thought he would be. He was supposed to be the next Kurt Angle, but Angle had two things going for him that Gable doesn't. He won the gold in the United States and at the time, a majority of pro wrestling fans were also sports fans. Gable won his gold overseas, and nowadays, wrestling fans are primarily video game playing, comic book reading, hipsters who couldn't tell you when the Super Bowl is played. Very few knew who Gable Steveson was. This could be a chance for them to produce a weekly series or at least a documentary following Gable as he does what's right for America, and conquers the world once again. The WWE can package and promote it and expose him to their fanbase.

as charismatic as he is on the mat, he just doesn't have it with a mic on him. Even that promo just felt bland.
I dont follow WWE, but GS seems stuck between a face and heel.. He could be a golden boy/ all american (a la Kurt A) , but also kinda presents the bad boy vibe. hes gonna have to go all in on one or the other. Winning another gold could set him up for the former -and then eventually the latter... Seems like all the great ones take their turns as both

as charismatic as he is on the mat, he just doesn't have it with a mic on him. Even that promo just felt bland.
I dont follow WWE, but GS seems stuck between a face and heel.. He could be a golden boy/ all american (a la Kurt A) , but also kinda presents the bad boy vibe. hes gonna have to go all in on one or the other. Winning another gold could set him up for the former -and then eventually the latter... Seems like all the great ones take their turns as both
He had the heel thing down as a freshman 😉😉. He said he’s definitely coming back to college wrestling, now maybe. Glad he’s announcing next week to get this over with.

Reactions: el dub and TarpHawk

Brain fart on Zilmer. That’s a damn good training partner. It will be interesting to see what he does.

Reactions: Grip220
Zillmer is at a very high level and Nelson is a big boy and still a solid trainer partner.

If GS wants to put a stamp on his career he comes to Iowa and trains wins a NCAA title as a Hawk helps us beat PSU and wins another OLY title as a HWC member. The stories will last generations, it will be like he is the new coming of achilles! They will always know his name

Zillmer is at a very high level and Nelson is a big boy and still a solid trainer partner.

If GS wants to put a stamp on his career he comes to Iowa and trains wins a NCAA title as a Hawk helps us beat PSU and wins another OLY title as a HWC member. The stories will last generations, it will be like he is the new coming of achilles! They will always know his name
He love’s attention, and he will get more of that at Iowa than any other program in the country. No one ever beats our attendance or tv audience. Also have the most passionate fans around. Similar situation with Ferrari’s coming to Iowa.

I am repeating myself, but was told months ago that there is little-to-no chance of AJ being eligible this year to wrestle no matter how his court case turns out, due to academics and progress towards a degree.

I remember last time this came up and some dolt tried to tell us that since he was recovering from a car accident and dealing with court stuff he couldn’t possibly have time for college. Meanwhile his social media shows him constantly barnstorming the country for various wrestling and MMA events since the accident. Lol

I remember last time this came up and some dolt tried to tell us that since he was recovering from a car accident and dealing with court stuff he couldn’t possibly have time for college. Meanwhile his social media shows him constantly barnstorming the country for various wrestling and MMA events since the accident. Lol
Who pays for the barnstorming tour?

Who pays for the barnstorming touri
How the hell would I know and why is it anyone’s business?

He does work camps…sad as it is to say.
So, why IS it anyone’s business? Asks the guy who brought it up in the first place. Lol

He's taking classes currently, so there's that.

I agree that his "personna" seems undecided in WWE.

I think he's more a Big E type guy than a villain.

Has he wrestled Kerkvliet in college? I'm drawing a blank.

My apologies, I’m a city slicker and had to Google Barnstorming.

So we think he’s an actor often touring the country performing in barns, a political candidate campaigning for an election, or a pilot that performs traveling aeronautical shows?

Reactions: Gusaford
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT