ADVERTISEMENT

Storm Chaser Mega Thread

01-06-2024 Hagerstown, Maryland - Winter Storm - Heavy Snow - i-81 Blocked by Wrecks - People Out

Reed is racing east on Hwy 388 from 77, n of Lynn Haven trying to intercept a tornado

7:08 eastern time….he’s very close to a tornado in Fountain FL

7:25 he’s stuck in the mud. He’s driving a rental from Avis and not one of his specialized vehicles

7:48 feed ended

Last edited:
First Coast counties (NEFlorida) have schools in five counties closed along with government offices, libraries, waste pickups. Lots of businesses closing too. Daughter’s dentist just canceled her appointment this morning.
SEGeorgia expecting an extreme event as well.
At the moment no rain and just a bit breezy but we expect to be slammed starting around 2-3 PM. The weatherman indicating 60-70 mph wind gusts are likely putting it near hurricane force. And it should all be over by 7-8 PM.
Crazy day. 🌪️💨

I no longer live in a gated community (storm broke the gate).

Guess I'm a poor now :(

you-are-in-my-thoughts-and-prayers-d10937.jpg

It’s getting pretty active over here in Jax metro area now. Thunderstorms are starting to boom.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
6 minutes of Reed Timmer highlights from overnight. At around 3 minute mark, it shows where he gets out of car and then realizes that the tornado is coming right at him.

A few stories on local news showing tree branches lying around and one tree fell over in a yard. The storm was moving extremely fast and is gone. Temps are falling quickly too.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Iowa storm chaser….currently in West Liberty on US-6…..it’s pitch black out and heavy snow

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT