ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale now back?

Funny how Penn State goes all out for Teasdale to get him what he wants. Reinstated, can wrestle as attached and how does he repay them......doesn't make weight think his health problem needs more than a few weeks rehab what a problem child ...So sad ...Know will get shit from the East but time they get some also..

Reactions: IRONBIRD
So if a kid does just what Teasdale did. Who gets the bill for the semester that never counted? Does the athletic dept pay for the freebee or did Teasdale's parents have to pay for the whole thing so he could defer until this semester?

One would think a kid wouldn't be in good standing if the Athletic Department spent a dime on him?

Reactions: Hotshoe and danoftw
So, if you look over the link below you'll find that at Iowa students are allowed to withdrawal AFTER final grades are in the books.

"A withdrawal will remove all your courses in the current session including courses that have ended and may be graded."

Further, "A withdrawal in the current session does not impact future session enrollments."

https://registrar.uiowa.edu/withdrawal-information

If you go through the tabs you'll also learn that the course will show a "W" on the transcript.

Reactions: Hotshoe and Ski
So, if you look over the link below you'll find that at Iowa students are allowed to withdrawal AFTER final grades are in the books.

"A withdrawal will remove all your courses in the current session including courses that have ended and may be graded."

Further, "A withdrawal in the current session does not impact future session enrollments."

If you go through the tabs you'll also learn that the course will show a "W" on the transcript.
Your facts, while relevant, are of no use to posters here.

Your facts, while relevant, are of no use to posters here.

How are they relevant? Yes, you can Late Withdraw from courses at Iowa if you contract cancer. Or have a critical injury in a car accident. You get a “W” on your transcript, which means it does not affect your GPA. But you earn Zero credit hours with a Withdrawal. Which means you make no academic progress and are not eligible for athletics.

So what is your point? Apparently the rules are more lax in Teasdale’s case.

Under stand that but still who pays the bill ? He was in the room so some one had to pay would think if team did "is a waste of slush fund"...

How are they relevant? Yes, you can Late Withdraw from courses at Iowa if you contract cancer. Or have a critical injury in a car accident. You get a “W” on your transcript, which means it does not affect your GPA. But you earn Zero credit hours with a Withdrawal. Which means you make no academic progress and are not eligible for athletics.

I provided the link above yet you either did not read the information or you can not comprehend the information. Which is your case? Any student at Iowa can withdrawal from classes up to 2 weeks before the last day of classes WITHOUT the Dean's approval. Read the link before you post again.

I provided the link above yet you either did not read the information or you can not comprehend the information. Which is your case? Any student at Iowa can withdrawal from classes up to 2 weeks before the last day of classes WITHOUT the Dean's approval. Read the link before you post again.
I read the link. Also looked at the registrars calendar. The last day to withdraw from courses in the fall semester was November 6. That is about six weeks before the end of the semester.

You posted a retarded quote about how you can drop after final grades. That is in the case with a major disease or injury.

Now I know nothing of Teasdale’s situation. Maybe he has a major disease.

But at Iowa, he would not be eligible to participate in athletics without completing a certain number of semester hours in the fall semester. That seems to be the issue.

Under stand that but still who pays the bill ? He was in the room so some one had to pay would think if team did "is a waste of slush fund"...
Each school has different rules regarding how much of tuition is forfeited, usually based on the number of weeks from the start of classes. I have no idea what would happen if the student is receiving financial aid, nor do ANY of us know if Teasdale was getting any financial aid Fall Semester.

Each school has different rules regarding how much of tuition is forfeited, usually based on the number of weeks from the start of classes. I have no idea what would happen if the student is receiving financial aid, nor do ANY of us know if Teasdale was getting any financial aid Fall Semester.
Again, at Iowa it is all on the registrar’s calendar. You have about three weeks to Withdraw and avoid paying full tuition.

I read the link. Also looked at the registrars calendar. The last day to withdraw from courses in the fall semester was November 6. That is about six weeks before the end of the semester.

You posted a retarded quote about how you can drop after final grades. That is in the case with a major disease or injury.

Now I know nothing of Teasdale’s situation. Maybe he has a major disease.

But at Iowa, he would not be eligible to participate in athletics without completing a certain number of semester hours in the fall semester. That seems to be the issue.
OMG, everything you typed is a lie, starting with the calendar on the site I provided does not show any data prior to December.

Here is the Spring semester note:

April 15, 2019Monday
Early Registration
Last day for undergraduates to withdraw without Dean's permission

May 3, 2019Friday
Close of Classes

You'll notice that is 2 weeks before the last day of classes. Further, with a Dean's permission you can drop after grades are in the books. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Read the calendar at the site I provided. Here is a direct link...you'll notice it's the registrar's calendar.

https://registrar.uiowa.edu/academic-calendar
I don’t know what the deal is with the spring semester. Why don’t you follow your own link forward to the fall semester. The last day to drop classes is November 4, six weeks before the end of the semester.

Now shut up and go home.

Reactions: Grip220

Up the thread someone said you could not do any of that in Iowa.

Reactions: Agoodnap
Further, with a Dean's permission you can drop after grades are in the books.

The Dean does not sign your request because you asked nicely. Not at Iowa.

AND IT DOES NOT MATTER. Late withdrawal, early withdrawal, any withdrawal means you get zero semester hours and are not eligible to complete in athletics.

The Dean does not sign your request because you asked nicely. Not at Iowa.

AND IT DOES NOT MATTER. Late withdrawal, early withdrawal, any withdrawal means you get zero semester hours and are not eligible to complete in athletics.
At Iowa, you DO NOT NEED a DEAN's approval prior to 2 weeks BEFORE the last day of classes. Are you drunk? Honest question.

I, and you, have no idea what the ramifications of withdrawing from classes is regarding a student athlete. However, I very sure it's an NCAA rule and not a school specific rule.

Oh Dear God, DROP Classes does NOT EQUAL WITHDRAWAL from Classes.
Before the deadline, you are allowed to drop classes. After the deadline, you can only withdraw with the Dean’s permission. They are one and the same. This is actually not that difficult. You are just trying to argue side points to distract from Teasdale’s situation.

You tried to make some asinine point earlier that at the University of Iowa, every student can drop classes without consequence after their final exams are finished. You were stupidly wrong.

Before the deadline, you are allowed to drop classes. After the deadline, you can only withdraw with the Dean’s permission. They are one and the same. This is actually not that difficult. You are just trying to argue side points to distract from Teasdale’s situation.

You tried to make some asinine point earlier that at the University of Iowa, every student can drop classes without consequence after their final exams are finished. You were stupidly wrong.
Please, for the Love of God tell me you've been drinking...a lot.

Here is the Spring Semester notes on withdrawing from classes. You'll notive that it says "WITHOUT DEAN's APPROVAL". Yes, that's just 2 weeks from the last class.

Here is the Spring semester note:

April 15, 2019Monday
Early Registration
Last day for undergraduates to withdraw without Dean's permission

May 3, 2019Friday
Close of Classes

You'll notice that is 2 weeks before the last day of classes. Further, with a Dean's permission you can drop after grades are in the books. Stop making a fool of yourself.

You are now clearly trolling. The calendar defines dropping as individual courses and withdrawing as the entire course load for the semester. They are the same thing.

You know this because you keep editing the wording after you cut and paste.

I’ll give you credit. You argue in a very Trumpian manner.

But you are very aware that normal students cannot drop all their classes and compete in athletics after achieving no semester hours for an entire semester.

You are now clearly trolling. The calendar defines dropping as individual courses and withdrawing as the entire course load for the semester. They are the same thing.

You know this because you keep editing the wording after you cut and paste.

I’ll give you credit. You argue in a very Trumpian manner.

But you are very aware that normal students cannot drop all their classes and compete in athletics after achieving no semester hours for an entire semester.
Both of these statements are flat out LIES!

Last edited:
I like Teasdale. I wanted him here at Iowa at the time. I have no idea what is going on with him right now.

I do suspect that PSU pulled him from the scuffle on the advice of some compliance officer and not for failing to make weight.

But I have no evidence of that. And I really don’t care at all. I apologize for interjecting in this thread when I have not read the other 15 pages. I’m sure it’s full of a bunch of PSU ass clowns trolling like this guy.

I like Teasdale. I wanted him here at Iowa at the time. I have no idea what is going on with him right now.

I do suspect that PSU pulled him from the scuffle on the advice of some compliance officer and not for failing to make weight.

But I have no evidence of that. And I really don’t care at all. I apologize for interjecting in this thread when I have not read the other 15 pages. I’m sure it’s full of a bunch of PSU ass clowns trolling like this guy.
Is this a lie also?

They did not pull him from the tournament he just didn’t make weight there’s literally nothing more to it then that

Slushy, please know that I don’t bunch you with all the other ass clowns.

No worries, man. I can be an ass clown every now and then. As long as I'm categorized as "less assy", it's all good.

And I'm definitely grateful for not being bunched in an ass -- a clown's or otherwise.

Ok, I'll see myself out now. :D

Your only big problem is that Paterno had no superiors in St College. If Joe wanted it reported, it would have been reported. His so called superiors asked Joe what they should do. We all know what happened then. Absolutely NOTHING but more kids were abused while Sundusky continued to run the youth football program on PSU campus trying to collect more victims. Most players and coaches at PSU knew what Sundusky was doing as it was the running joke in the locker room to not shower when Sundusky was there.

It WAS reported....at least 2X It WAS investigated.....at least 2X Charges were never filed.....by the legal system. 2 different DAs never filed charges. One disappeared and declared dead......the other became Governor of Pa.........GEEZ......blame the people with the power to do something

I, and you, have no idea what the ramifications of withdrawing from classes is regarding a student athlete. However, I very sure it's an NCAA rule and not a school specific rule.

You are correct, it is an NCAA rule. But it is available for anyone to see:

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/staying-track-graduate

All Division I student-athletes must earn at least six credit hours each term to be eligible for the following term

No one really cares how late one can withdraw in general. The question is how can one withdraw from all classes and still be eligible to compete in athletics. This is where I assume the waiver that was discussed comes in (which I would have to think was approved for him to have been entered in the Scuffle in the first place).

They did not pull him from the tournament he just didn’t make weight there’s literally nothing more to it then that

I find it a little hard to believe that after all this. "he just didn't make weight!"

This is after all D1 College Wrestling, not Jr. high. It was also reported that he made the trip so I assume that he must have checked his weight prior to leaving. You might think he would be close. If he was never near 125 why take him?

Then someone reported he never officially weighed in, why? He didn't even try to make weight???

At some point a seasoned Wrestler you might think would be aware of what he needed to do!

Reactions: Grip220
You are correct, it is an NCAA rule. But it is available for anyone to see:

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/staying-track-graduate

No one really cares how late one can withdraw in general. The question is how can one withdraw from all classes and still be eligible to compete in athletics. This is where I assume the waiver that was discussed comes in (which I would have to think was approved for him to have been entered in the Scuffle in the first place).
Ok, but the conflict here was clearly that a few were stating that withdrawal could not be done at Iowa and that was the argument. It seems that several "cared" how late one can withdraw from classes and under what circumstances.

One thing that may be of consideration...
This is all predicated on the comments made much earlier that Teasdale had some special conditional “Withdrawal” and it would be as if he never attended the fall semester.

If that’s the case, then two things may apply.

1. He would not or have been on the clock to be working towards his degree so his eligibility would not be in question.

2. The Big 10 has an eligibility calendar that is much different than any other conference (I believe). The Big 10 rules your eligibility does not begin until the actual semester (and classes) begin.

If Teasdale was not in school 1st semester, and all the other stuff that pointed towards him being able to compete this year are true, he would not technically be able to compete attached until the 2nd semester begins.

That’s my understanding of Big 10 guidelines...

I find it a little hard to believe that after all this. "he just didn't make weight!"

This is after all D1 College Wrestling, not Jr. high. It was also reported that he made the trip so I assume that he must have checked his weight prior to leaving. You might think he would be close. If he was never near 125 why take him?

Then someone reported he never officially weighed in, why? He didn't even try to make weight???

At some point a seasoned Wrestler you might think would be aware of what he needed to do!
Any tea leaves you might’ve been able to gather on Teasdale in the last month should tell you he’s not exactly the most mature person right now but he is trying to be, he didn’t weigh in because he wasn’t going to make the weight like I said nothing more to it than that if you don’t believe it then so be it
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT