ADVERTISEMENT

*****The Official Iowa vs Illinois State Game Thread*****

Saw that JHC we need a better line and a better qb play the 2nd string as this is painful to watch
We need to see who ends up on the All-America team at the end of this year for OL, and whoever is coming back.....we steal all of Alabama and Georgia's NIL funds and buy out these OL so that we have the best OL money can buy, and then we win the national championship in 2025! :D

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
The 2nd quarter numbers were better, at least.

Iowa Offense:

............................1st......2nd
...........................Qtr......Qtr.......TOTAL
1st Downs........1.............5...........6
3rd Down......1-5........2-5.......3-10
3rd Down....20%.....40%.....30%
Passing.........3-8......5-9........8-17
Pass %.........38%....56%.......47%
Pass Yds.........17........57............74
Rushes.............8........12...........20
Rush Yds.........17.......56...........73
Per Carry.......2.1.......4.7..........3.7
Total Yds........34......113..........147
Points...............3........3...............6

We need to see who ends up on the All-America team at the end of this year for OL, and whoever is coming back.....we steal all of Alabama and Georgia's NIL funds and buy out these OL so that we have the best OL money can buy, and then we win the national championship in 2025! :D
We are always the Nattys like everyone do that matter at the beginning

e32695de-bigtenwestchamp.jpg

Well, almost 150 yards of offense at halftime is much better and that was with a 20+ yard Cade scramble being called back.

Another good 2nd half and about 300 yards of offense is much better than last year.

Cade needs to be more accurate on those throws to some wide open running backs etc.

Bad call that nullified the hawk fumble recovery. Defense can pitch a shutout as long as the offense plays well.

Wetjen looks great at punt returner.

Is Iowa just running too many basic plays?? Although I like the two WR slants that got first downs

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Cade isnt playing in the NFL or even arena ball. There are leagues where a person can pay to play against other people who also pay to play. That is the type of league he might fit into.

i think they'll put a fresh rb in the second half and get a long td. wish we had kaleb, he has that homerun capability

His career is over now. Cade and Kirk are the only two that don’t know it.
Might be. But you're nuts if you believed for a second cade wasn't gonna be the starter and play the entire first half. Only one way to know if hes toast and that is by playing and you can't decide jack crap in 3 drives in the first game in a year without his top receivers and head coach

Lester: “let’s throw a quick slant to get a WR involved in the game and complete a high percentage pass to gain confidence.”

Cade: “I’mma throw off my back foot and spike it off my OL-man’s helmet.”

I kid I kid…but McNamaras accuracy (or lack thereof) is a big issue.

Iowa Offense:

The 2nd quarter was miles better than the first, but the fact that they resulted in the same number of points is frustrating.

Iowa Offense:

so 12-0 at end of game? to be honest, i'll take it.

Reactions: Franisdaman
One of the things in recent years that caused more frustration (on the mountain already) was our offense never seemingly made any halftime adjustments. Defense does (although they likely never had too all much).

If Lester makes no sort of wrinkles or misdirections or waste down chances etc. at half that are noticeable, then we are in Groundhog Day of 2023 season.

Well, almost 150 yards of offense at halftime is much better and that was with a 20+ yard Cade scramble being called back.

Another good 2nd half and about 300 yards of offense is much better than last year.

Cade needs to be more accurate on those throws to some wide open running backs etc.

Bad call that nullified the hawk fumble recovery. Defense can pitch a shutout as long as the offense plays well.

Wetjen looks great at punt returner.

Is Iowa just running too many basic plays?? Although I like the two WR slants that got first downs
If you set your goals and expectations low enough we’re sure to exceed them~ every dying organization ever

Reactions: Iron Doc
No no, you spend the whole season latching onto waiting for Moulton to keep making mistakes and letting us know. I won't stop you.

We haven't heard from Iowaslaw yet, so someone is gonna need to fill his shoes. ;)
For a seasoned poster, I expected better from you Monkey. But I suppose old age brings delusion. When a player drops an easy catch, they should be criticized. Don't be one of those pretentious posters.

The 2nd quarter was miles better than the first, but the fact that they resulted in the same number of points is frustrating.
There was some positives in the second half. When Cade was on tempo he was Ok. And there were positive run plays. But they were sprinkled with blown blocking killing drives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT