ADVERTISEMENT

Too early for a lineup prediction thread?

He asked for it so I showed him. I’m sure if someone was basically calling you out as a liar you’d probably send him the video as well.
No, I asked for the relevance of the comment. What is the purpose for questioning his comment if he said it in an interview. I don’t care if he said it, I am curious as to why it matters so much to you (and others) to debate it. Again I don’t care or question if he said it....I want to know what difference it makes, and want to know if you or others will allow him to change his mind if he wants to (or will you refer to an interview from the summer of 2017)?

Reactions: el dub
He asked for it so I showed him. I’m sure if someone was basically calling you out as a liar you’d probably send him the video as well.

Certainly once. But this debate seems really old and tired to me. Seems like it has been had more than once. And the subject is meaningless. I don't really understand how Lee's preference for free vs. folk is important to anyone . . . time to let it go, IMO, regardless of who's right.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
No, I asked for the relevance of the comment. What is the purpose for questioning his comment if he said it in an interview. I don’t care if he said it, I am curious as to why it matters so much to you (and others) to debate it. Again I don’t care or question if he said it....I want to know what difference it makes, and want to know if you or others will allow him to change his mind if he wants to (or will you refer to an interview from the summer of 2017)?
I don’t come here to disparage the Hawkeye program, to run down your coaches nor your wrestlers. No, I come here to dispute accusations made by your fan base. Things like PSU cheating, their wrestlers being juiced, the PSU fanbase being pedophiles and the list goes on and on. Since I was disputing what B.B. was saying about PSU coaches negatively recruiting kids, I posted that video to show I think bb is full of shit on a lot of what he says. I posted that video showing that Spencer preferred free over folk after bb insisted otherwise. There was no other reason to post it other than that. I don’t care what style Lee prefers....none at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawrest01
I don’t come here not to disparage the Hawkeye program, not to run down your coaches nor your wrestlers. No, I come here to dispute accusations made by your fan base. Things like PSU cheating, their wrestlers being juiced, the PSU fanbase being pedophiles and the list goes on and on. Since I was disputing what B.B. was saying about PSU coachees negatively recruiting kids, I posted that video to show I think bb is full of shit on a lot of what he says. I posted that video showing that Spencer preferred free over folk after bb insisted otherwise. There was no other reason to post it other than that. I don’t care what style Lee prefers....none at all.

I think Lee prefers to just bash the hell out of his opponents, that seemed abundantly clear to me last week, lol.

Certainly once. But this debate seems really old and tired to me. Seems like it has been had more than once. And the subject is meaningless. I don't really understand how Lee's preference for free vs. folk is important to anyone . . . time to let it go, IMO, regardless of who's right.
I’m simply answering the mans question. I’m sorry you don’t feel I should do that and I apologize if you’re offended by it. I’ll tell you the same thing I’m telling him, I don’t give a shit what style he prefers. That wasn’t why the video was posted in the first place. It was posted to show why I think the guy making claims that PSU cheats, their wrestlers juicing, and coaches negatively recruiting is full of it. The same guy making those claims also tells us Spencer prefers folk over free. Again, I feel he’s full of shit.

Reactions: nitlion6
I do f*** stuff too. I think those that read you get it as well.

I also think that the only reason this happens is because we are here, have a big crowd etc. tOSU's main site is real name/verified identity. That's no f***. Also notice the lack of tOSU fans here as well. Okie State fans are asleep over there at 34 and counting (sheep). Picking on Minnesota would just be rude. So we're it if you want to get some chest thumping done...because to paraphrase a certain carrot topped philosopher, "That's what you do!!"...at least some of you ;) Some of my fellow brethren invite it by starting PSU critical threads...serving up huge, very slow fat pitches (Zain is a staller) for you guys to hit out of the park. But I will say that anything critical of PSU, fair or not, invites a crowd. Remember the good old days when it was just me making the argument that Cael's success was tied to recruiting, not necessarily his ability to "develop." This was in opposition to the PSU talking point that Cael went to PA and created a whole new fangled way of wrestling...a revolution as Amalone would say.

Yeah, I recall seeing some of your f*n stuff on occasion -- was "impressed" (;)) enough to worry that I'd have to up my game, and at a cost to my real life.

But seriously, you nailed it. I was literally thinking about adding similar comments to my post re: the other options out there for comedic derision, but I had already rambled enough. My comment was going to be that tOSU doesn't have the right board for this kind of banter, the OkieSt guys are just too damn serious and polite, and Minnesota, well . . .

So yeah, PSU-vs-Iowa seems to be the most logical Battle of the Titans on these Keyboard Warrior boards. But beyond that, Iowa was THE team in wrestling during my childhood and young-adult years. There is no changing that, and so Iowa will always be the first barometer as to where any other team stands when I look at the landscape. Well, that and what OkieState was doing in the early to mid-2000's. That was driving me crazy while I was in grad school at PSU.

Anyone who doesn't believe recruiting is huge is delusional. Anyone who thinks good coaching and personnel management isn't also important is equally delusional. What the exact balance is at any dominant program isn't really worth debating, IMO. No one will ever agree on the numbers.

What I can say is that what happened at PSU is a fascinating circumstance. When PSU really started to roll (2011-2013), 3 of their elite guys (Molinaro, Ruth, Wright) were not even Cael's guys. He added Taylor, Brown, Megaludis, and later others. If the Sunderland recruits were not there when Cael came in, how long would it have taken him to get PSU to where it ultimately went. Would it have even happened?

I happen to believe too much credit is given to location and resources and too little to timing. Cael's "legend" status was very much still fresh when he came to PSU, and that group of Molinaro-Ruth-Wright (Sunderland) plus Taylor-Brown-Megaludis (Sanderson) got the PSU recruiting juggernaut going. I've always believed success is the strongest recruiter, backed by a big name. If 2011 and 2012 didn't happen, I'm not necessarily convinced 2013-2018 and these next couple of PSU recruiting classes would have played out quite like they have. Sunderland doesn't get enough credit for today's success, IMO. That's where a lot of the newbies to PSU wrestling fandom are missing perspective.

Timing and momentum are so important. We may very well see that one down year at PSU and a buzz elsewhere about a young legend building a team will be what turns the tide. My belief, at least.

Iowa has the best fan base. Matches at carver are the most spectacular and there is no better venue. We even have Flame throwers! There is nothing like it in college wrestling. That is why the trolls are here trying to get our approval— Reminds me of envious petulant children.

Reactions: el dub
I don’t come here to disparage the Hawkeye program, to run down your coaches nor your wrestlers. No, I come here to dispute accusations made by your fan base. Things like PSU cheating, their wrestlers being juiced, the PSU fanbase being pedophiles and the list goes on and on. Since I was disputing what B.B. was saying about PSU coaches negatively recruiting kids, I posted that video to show I think bb is full of shit on a lot of what he says. I posted that video showing that Spencer preferred free over folk after bb insisted otherwise. There was no other reason to post it other than that. I don’t care what style Lee prefers....none at all.

Indian. You do realize that independent of what you do or do not say on OUR board, there are still going to be people here that are going post their/these thoughts. Some of those ideas are clearly going to rub you the wrong way, but they are going to get posted.

From my point of view, it would have to be exhausting constantly doing what you are trying to do. I know for a fact it's exhausting reading over and over and over your same redundant and defensive thoughts.

My thoughts would be to learn to deal with it, as it's an Iowa board and those posts aren't going anywhere, OR just go to your own board where most of us NEVER go.

Indian. You do realize that independent of what you do or do not say on OUR board, there are still going to be people here that are going post their/these thoughts. Some of those ideas are clearly going to rub you the wrong way, but they are going to get posted.

From my point of view, it would have to be exhausting constantly doing what you are trying to do. I know for a fact it's exhausting reading over and over and over your same redundant and defensive thoughts.

My thoughts would be to learn to deal with it, as it's an Iowa board and those posts aren't going anywhere, OR just go to your own board where most of us NEVER go.

jv, Lumbeeindian is a troll, as he has basically admitted in the past. His goal seems to be going on opponent's board and endlessly post trash, trying to get a rise out of folks. He is best put on "ignore."

Holy shit Maury-Olly-Flemister has got to be the direct result of piss poor breading stock. I can just picture the sad pathetic bastard sitting in a dark room repeatedly hitting the refresh hopefully waiting for someone's response.

Get some friends
Keep your ass on your own board
Find some real hobbies

This thread is a total cesspool, so I hesitate to respond. However, Jordan probably goes 149 next season, so it will likely be Lugo versus Jordan.

I don't disagree WRT Jordan going 149 as he did look a bit small. And I don't think Lugo will be able to beat him if he does, but I'm still hoping.

It'll be interesting to see what Iowa and tOSU bring to the table. That said, I think you guys have a finalist at 141 with Lee. That kid is going to be a tough out...and in my opinion a potential 3-time finalist/champion. I didn't watch every match, but the couple times I did see him lose, it almost seemed like he beat himself with excessive funkiness. I remember watching Kem get in trouble a few times his RS freshman year due to some funk.

Lugo pinned the 3rd place guy at Midlands this year also. I guess I have more confidence in Lugo than most people.

I wonder if the Buckeyes will redshirt McKenna and Martin to try to win it in a couple of years.

Yeah, I can see them getting creative in hopes of stealing one when Nolf, Nickal, Nevills and the other juniors and seniors from this year are gone, but they're still going to have studs at 125, 133, Lee at 41, Joseph at 65/74, Hall at 74/84, Cassar/Beard at 97, and the new Nevills at HWT. And there's no doubt they'll have top 8 talent at 49 and 57 as well. So I think it will still be tough to beat PSU in 2020 with those two RSing. Just the same, tOSU has some good talent coming in as well, so it could be a dogfight...hopefully a 3-way dogfight!! :)

Reactions: funnyfletcher
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT