ADVERTISEMENT

US Open Sr freestyle thread

Steveson said it pretty well, a part of this is a sport and there's entertainment value. Sure, Olympic success is a nice dream but it's rare and the sport has become a business along the way. People pay to see "matches". People pay to sponsor Iowa guys. Yes, injury is part of the sport, but so is the consequence that people move on or alter expectations. Honestly, I wasn't expecting Spencer to wrestle and was excited when he did. Even more with the collision with Suriano. Then, that goes away. The last two matches I followed him - and Jaydin for that matter - they defaulted out. I'm still a fan. But, that frustrates me as a fan. Nobody owes anything to me but I do pay to support Iowa wrestling, I do follow and cheer for the team, I do buy the apparel, and I do make change my expectations based on trends. That's all. Take it for all it's worth. We can't build or accept a culture that makes it too easy to default out!
jack off please GIF

Dense? If you can't understand the difference between 1 and 5 defaults, nor the difference between defaulting after a loss versus randomly picking a point in the tournament after a win, then.....funny, the same people who say "Drop it" then revive the conversation.

An incident versus a trend....that's what affects recruiting
Thanks for outing yourself as a PSU troll.

Dense? If you can't understand the difference between 1 and 5 defaults, nor the difference between defaulting after a loss versus randomly picking a point in the tournament after a win, then.....funny, the same people who say "Drop it" then revive the conversation.

An incident versus a trend....that's what affects recruiting
He’s clearly not right if he defaulted after a win. It makes it that much more obvious. Dense, yes, it seems that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT