ADVERTISEMENT

Watch Out for the $30 Beers at Kinnick

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
I was at the Illinois game last weekend with a buddy and he went down and bought two beers at halftime.

A few minutes later he got notified he just spent $60 at Kinnick.

He went down to check on the mistake and the next thing I know, is he text me that he has been kicked out the stadium for complaining about the $60 charge.

We go back to the car and listen to the end of the game on the radio.

The next day my buddy text me that Aramark would fix the problem.

Very unique game day experience.

I was at the Illinois game last weekend with a buddy and he went down and bought two beers at halftime.

He went down to check on the mistake and the next thing I know, is he text me that he has been kicked out the stadium for complaining about the $60 charge.

And free tickets to a game next year, I assume?

Reactions: TDJ7 and ping72

Now wait a second. how was he actually complaining? Was he yelling and swearing?

Was the $60 charge incorrect and too high. I can't see someone get booted for having asking a question about the charge and just discussing the situation.

And what kind of beer is $30? Is there cheaper beer at Kinnick?

Now wait a second. how was he actually complaining? Was he yelling and swearing?

Was the $60 charge incorrect and too high. I can't see someone get booted for having asking a question about the charge and just discussing the situation.

And what kind of beer is $30? Is there cheaper beer at Kinnick?
He was over charged. Probably about triple the cost of his two beers?

I don’t think beer is $30 at Yankee Stadium.

Your question about how he complained is a valid one.

Reactions: MitchLL
Why is Aramark serving beers don't they do commercial uniform cleaning? And commercial space carpets

Reactions: amahawk

Thanks but i can figure out a touch screen.

I’m guessing he wasn’t paying attention and gave a really big tip. The same thing almost happened to me at carver last season, but I caught it just in time.
This. Everything online now has a tipping option. If you do an online order for a Papa murphys pizza it has a pop up at the end for a tip with the 10% 15% etc.. I thought what the hell I have to pick it up, and cook it and I'm supposed to tip them. Uh, no I don't think so. I have to admit though, I thought for a minute, if I don't tip them, to they spit in my pizza??? Then I figured, what the hell, I still have to cook it anyway, lolol...

This. Everything online now has a tipping option. If you do an online order for a Papa murphys pizza it has a pop up at the end for a tip with the 10% 15% etc.. I thought what the hell I have to pick it up, and cook it and I'm supposed to tip them. Uh, no I don't think so. I have to admit though, I thought for a minute, if I don't tip them, to they spit in my pizza??? Then I figured, what the hell, I still have to cook it anyway, lolol...
You agree with my post but don’t give it a like! This place has really gone to shit!😉

Tipping should die a quick death. I'll be as cheap as I want at a concession stand.
Now days everyone gets a tip. You tip the bartender, the waitress, the dry cleaner, the kid at Fareway who takes the groceries to the car. You tip the mailman, the milkman, your barber. You tip the concession stand workers and the guy on the corner who sells the newspaper and the racing forms.

Reminds me of one of the first times eating out once the restaurants opened back up after Covid. Waitress holds an iPad in front of me with tipping options of 30%, 35%, 40% and 50%. I had to ask to enter a custom amount, she rolls her eyes and punches a few buttons and hands me the iPad. Still left her 20%, but will never return to that restaurant again.

Tipping is a foreign concept in civilized countries.
I work in fine dining as a chef. Tipping is dumb as **** because most or all of it goes only to the front of house and not the ones who actually make the food. We have passion for what we give to make your day special and get treated and paid like shit in most places. 🥴

First question is why the hell did you leave????? Buddy could have gone back to his car on his own until game over.

Reactions: bIhawk

My guess is there is quite a bit more to this getting kicked out of the stadium story.

Reactions: pistachio1999
He should just invest in one of these. I still have mine from my days in the student section at Kinnick, has never let me down.

s-l1600.jpg

He should just invest in one of these. I still have mine from my days in the student section at Kinnick, has never let me down.

s-l1600.jpg
I am sure they probably make the equivalent of ammo belts that would hold the small shot bottles also. None of those security people do pat downs.

He must have done more than complain to get the boot. They are not 30 unless you opt to give a big tip. I think they are 9 bucks - no more than 12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT