ADVERTISEMENT

We need a countdown clock for brian

We are not the clowns who have the countdown clock til the next loss to Iowa.

Give OP a break. His wife left him or his 6th tinder date stood him up so let's help him out here.

Reactions: LukaDuka
When Brian is done we need to let it all go, somehow beyond all comprehension, he continues to call plays for the Iowa Hawkeyes. His performance and last name and actions all lead to the justified criticism.

Reactions: your_master5
$100 says the hate simply shifts to the next target.
The OC is almost universally the most hated coach on any staff. And that was true when we had KOK and GDGD as well. But what took it to another level was Brian reducing offensive production to worst in the country, national laughing stock dimensions for 3 years running.

Hopefully Brian will be the one to let go the hate and resentment he feels, and someday realize he got the kid-gloves treatment here compared to what his performance would have received at virtually every other P5 program.

WE NEED A COUNTDOWN CLOCK FOR SADIEHAWKINS!!!!!!!
Loop Spinning GIF

Reactions: PIEPI
To finally be rid of him. Hell my bet is he ll give Kirk his 2 cents on the hire.
OP: I hope you lose your job someday and have people mock you. You deserve it. Brian gave his all to the U of I, student, athlete, coach. He didn't live up to his last assignment & was dealt a bad hand due to injuries and poor schemes. Does he have kids that could become future hawks? Would they want to after trolls bashing? Give him some credit & let him leave with dignity.

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

OP

OP: I hope you lose your job someday and have people mock you. You deserve it. Brian gave his all to the U of I, student, athlete, coach. He didn't live up to his last assignment & was dealt a bad hand due to injuries and poor schemes. Does he have kids that could become future hawks? Would they want to after trolls bashing? Give him some credit & let him leave with dignity.

OP

His dignity was gone with the Barta contract. Turns out he sold it for $850k.

Suffered?
He got handed a job he wasn’t qualified for and made millions while doing it poorly.

We should all suffer like that.
If he left for a group of 5 OC job earlier that he was qualified for instead he still would have made millions. Just less millions. Perhaps even more long-term when you consider opportunity cost. Empathy and criticism aren't mutually exclusive, unless of course, you're green with an adolescent's sense of envy.

Not going anywhere.

Can't afford to.

(response to LadellHawk)

Last edited:
He will soon be like Voldemort in Harry Potter. He who will not be named. But that only comes when he is no longer on staff and somehow he still is. Hell I’m half expecting him to be around next year.
I won’t miss him but there’s a time when the masses need to get over it.

Referring to your last sentence, I hope you’re wrong.

I won’t miss him but there’s a time when the masses need to get over it.

Referring to your last sentence, I hope you’re wrong.
I agree. We need to get over him. But when he’s still collecting a check and calling plays on Jan 1, well, let’s just say I’m not exactly feeling like he’s in the past yet.

• Haha
Reactions: PIEPI
Suffered?
He got handed a job he wasn’t qualified for and made millions while doing it poorly.

We should all suffer like that.
I personally am thankful for the man who gave me my first opportunity to run a company. Was I ready? Not even close. With hard work, the ability to adapt, a bit of luck and a good team around me, we did very well.

Unfortunately for Brian, he couldn't get there. FWIW, probably not all his doing. I wish him well and hope he lands on his feet.

OP
Actually, Beth's words were "last season with the program". After KF leaves, there will never be another Ferentz in the Iowa program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT