ADVERTISEMENT

We need a countdown clock for brian

Because…there is no rational reason for the BF hate?

A pitch fork and noose weilding mob isn't fueled by reason and certainly isn't rational after dispatching Brian your hate will turn to the next target....probably Kirk.

For What it's Worth (Buffalo Springfield, c.1967), today's magic # is 5!

(final countdown, you know)

KF put his son in this position because he doesn’t value offense like defense. He is the only person to blame for this and the contract agreement of 25 points per game. He is the arrogant one that thought he’d show everyone up with beating the requirements of the contract then when it didn’t happen, wanted to play it back for another year with excuses as to why it didn’t happen. Management said no, not happening and he was mad it happened.

He had his chances to turn his son into the next head coach by making him assistant head coach/oline coach but got greedy and thought he ruled Iowa Football by making himself and his family more important than the program. He is now paying for those mistakes. Appreciate all KF has done over the years but hang it up in a year or two by bringing in coach in waiting Ryan Grubb to take over the offense with everything else still intact with the defense and special teams.

If Iowa did that, I’d buy season tickets again and donate to swarm since that shows UI is serious about fielding an offense to compliment the D and ST’s.

Last edited:
I can’t figure out what’s worse. Either Brian running this offense into the ground all by himself. Or Kirk having the reins on so tight that he just destroyed his son’s coaching future. Probably a little bit of both if we are being honest.
The former is definitely "worse," since it negatively affected thousands and thousands of loyal Hawkeye fans who had no say in the matter. The latter part is actually rather funny.

$100 says the hate simply shifts to the next target.
Coaches will always be criticized, especially when things are not going well, but the intense criticism of BF (and KF for being the enabler and continuing to double-down on the dumb) has been well-earned. He has "outdone" KOK and GDGD by being simply the worst at what he does, after getting the job handed to him on a silver platter when he was minimally qualified - his last name was the only part of his resume that got him the job.

Whatever criticism the new OC will inevitably receive will be nowhere close to the hate that BF has earned.

He is not gone. He will be coaching Iowa on Monday. I still can’t figure out how such an up and coming coordinator hasn’t been scooped up by Coe or Luther to run their offense next season.
I think Cedar Rapids Washington is looking for a new coach - I’m sure they’ve been in contact and are under consideration.

Yes he needs to move on.

But he was a player FIRST. And a pretty good one.

He actually PLAYED for the Hawkeyes, something 99% of us on here NEVER did.

Had good luck coaching the OL. Wasn't a great fit running the offense.

Let's try to be respectful.

Stop. Just stop. Seriously. The man has suffered enough.
Suffered lol? I’ll take all the negative from strangers I’ve never met for his pay check any day.

The issue he had that affected him the most is known he didn’t deserve the job and that critics were probably right.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Yes he needs to move on.

It would be different if he stepped down before things dragged on after it was obvious he wasn’t pulling his weight.

BF doesn’t need a positive send off with how things eventually had to come to. He put himself before the program in pursuit of his own career path. No blame for initially attempting it because there wasn’t evidence yet it wouldn’t work. But it was definitely clear by end of 2021.

Iowa finally has AD make a move they should have done no later than end of last season and he shows unprofessional reaction. Instead of being grateful he had the opportunity at all he puts on silly protest against wearing Iowa gear. Maybe he would prefer the whole team remove the tiger hawk and replace it with BF initials lol.

I’m happy to see KF continue, and understand why it’s awkward for him but it’s time to move on. Brian will hopefully drop trying to be an offensive coordinator and excel at positions coaching somewhere.

Maybe he should still chase his dream of being a head coach but it’s not going to happen because of what he can do as a play caller. Needs to focus on what his actual strengths are.

Yes he needs to move on.

I’ll do my best to show Brian Ferentz the same amount of respect that he’s shown the University of Iowa over the last couple of months.

I was always taught that respect is something you earn.
He hasn’t.

Suffered lol? I’ll take all the negative from strangers I’ve never met for his pay check any day.

The issue he had that affected him the most is known he didn’t deserve the job and that critics were probably right.
Don't you think that point has been sufficiently made by now?

So, would you include your family in your suffering for a pay check? BF's wife and family probably wear disguises when they go out.

Don't you think that point has been sufficiently made by now?

So, would you include your family in your suffering for a pay check? BF's wife and family probably wear disguises when they go out.
People shouldn’t be giving his wife and kids a hard time. That’s bush league. However, if I saw Brian walking down the street by himself, I’d share a few thoughts.

People shouldn’t be giving his wife and kids a hard time. That’s bush league. However, if I saw Brian walking down the street by himself, I’d share a few thoughts.
I don't get this. Brian is a crappy OC. I'm happy he's on his way out. With that said, he was in his position because:

1) Kirk put him there and kept him there.

2) It was way too much money to simply walk away from even after it became apparent that he couldn't do it successfully.

Why hold it against him when he did what pretty much anyone else would do?

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I don't get this. Brian is a crappy OC. I'm happy he's on his way out. With that said, he was in his position because:

1) Kirk put him there and kept him there.

2) It was way too much money to simply walk away from even after it became apparent that he couldn't do it successfully.

Why hold it against him when he did what pretty much anyone else would do?
Because if you really preach putting the program ahead of all else, you realize that you are failing miserably and let someone else do it. My guess is Brian didn’t think he was failing miserably.

Wasn’t it kind of ironic that for all the years before 2023 it was always, “Injuries happen. Next man in. They aren’t an excuse.”?!?

And suddenly this year with Brian it’s, “Well golly gee, we had a lot of injuries on offense. It’s not fair.”

Because if you really preach putting the program ahead of all else, you realize that you are failing miserably and let someone else do it. My guess is Brian didn’t think he was failing miserably.

Wasn’t it kind of ironic that for all the years before 2023 it was always, “Injuries happen. Next man in. They aren’t an excuse.”?!?

And suddenly this year with Brian it’s, “Well golly gee, we had a lot of injuries on offense. It’s not fair.”
Brian being in the position he's in has nothing to do with Brian. Your bone to pick is with Kirk. Failure was not an option when he put Brian in that position. I guarantee he never considered it as a possibility. When it became obvious that it was a mistake, firing Brian was never considered because it's family that comes first, not the program.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
Brian being in the position he's in has nothing to do with Brian. Your bone to pick is with Kirk. Failure was not an option when he put Brian in that position. I guarantee he never considered it as a possibility. When it became obvious that it was a mistake, firing Brian was never considered because it's family that comes first, not the program.
Exactly. Brian’s demeanor and how he handles himself doesn’t do himself any favors either.
But at least with Kirk you judge him based off everything. If Kirk had a GPA he’d have two A’s and an F. That’s still all right. Brian has an F.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I agree with you that Kirk Ferentz (and Gary Barta) deserve blame for Brian being made OC, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think that Brian Ferentz lobbied for the job.
I’m not sure why some people want to portray BF as a hapless victim in all of this.

He got the shot he wanted, and failed.
Time to move on.

I agree with you that Kirk Ferentz (and Gary Barta) deserve blame for Brian being made OC, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think that Brian Ferentz lobbied for the job.
I’m not sure why some people want to portray BF as a hapless victim in all of this.

Time to move on.
I agree with almost everything except he got the shot he wanted and failed. Brian got the shot and failed in 2021. He then got another shot and failed in 2022. He then got another shot and failed in 2023. Kirk was about to give him another shot in 2024.

It’s like a carnival basketball game where the rim is bent, the ball is weird shaped and pumped up and the height of the hoop is more than 10 feet. We were just going to let Brian keep throwing up bricks.

Time to move on.
Victim? Hardly. He's a member of the lucky sperm club and he's made millions because of it.

I agree with almost everything except he got the shot he wanted and failed. Brian got the shot and failed in 2021. He then got another shot and failed in 2022. He then got another shot and failed in 2023. Kirk was about to give him another shot in 2024.

It’s like a carnival basketball game where the rim is bent, the ball is weird shaped and pumped up and the height of the hoop is more than 10 feet. We were just going to let Brian keep throwing up bricks.
I can’t argue with that at all.

That’s how the world turns for the rich and the pretty. You ever wonder why there aren’t really ugly news anchors or actors/actresses.
No. I never wondered that. I was just explaining to my friend that I didn't see Brian as a "hapless victim" in all of this.

Exactly. Brian’s demeanor and how he handles himself doesn’t do himself any favors either.
But at least with Kirk you judge him based off everything. If Kirk had a GPA he’d have two A’s and an F. That’s still all right. Brian has an F.
He didn’t do himself any favors last summer saying he had no words for Iowa fans regarding the offense or during the season with “what’s the upside?” With playing the back up qb or qbs.

He was his own worst enemy with his attitude and arrogance through all of the issues with the offense. If he had come out and said we are not happy with where the offense is and working to make it better by making it easier to learn, working with a pro team to improve it with the run game and receiver routes, we are going to do everything we can to improve. Not say we aren’t changing, just execute better. Oh boy. Thanks Brian. Bye bye Brian.

No. I never wondered that. I was just explaining to my friend that I didn't see Brian as a "hapless victim" in all of this.
No, he was not for sure. The last minute piling on when it’s all said and done now is just pathetic. Says more about those people than it does anyone else.

I guess you haven’t lived much. There are many cases where a person sucks at their job and they go right on keeping it.
Sure. If you work for a private company, family company happens all the time. Is the University of Iowa a private company or family company?!?

Time to move on.
I seriously doubt that more than 1% of fans feel sorry for BF as a "hapless victim". I'm very glad he not going to be around any longer.

But it's become completely ponderous. "Hey! They invented a cure for cancer!" "Well, it's a good thing BF wasn't in-charge of the research team."

I seriously doubt that more than 1% of fans feel sorry for BF as a "hapless victim". I'm very glad he not going to be around any longer.

But it's become completely ponderous. "Hey! They invented a cure for cancer!" "Well, it's a good thing BF wasn't in-charge of the research team."
Brian would have probably punted on that last paragraph idea. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Coaches will always be criticized, especially when things are not going well, but the intense criticism of BF (and KF for being the enabler and continuing to double-down on the dumb) has been well-earned. He has "outdone" KOK and GDGD by being simply the worst at what he does, after getting the job handed to him on a silver platter when he was minimally qualified - his last name was the only part of his resume that got him the job.

Whatever criticism the new OC will inevitably receive will be nowhere close to the hate that BF has earned.

Oh yes, the hate will subside until the new narrative is established (re-hate on Kirk, hate on new OC, hate on ...fill in name and once that narrative gains steam the level of sustained venom in every thread everyday all day long will be like never before seen on Go Iowa Awesome. This is no longer about watching kids play football on beautiful fall days.

• Sad
Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT