ADVERTISEMENT

We need a countdown clock for brian

Oh yes, the hate will subside until the new narrative is established (re-hate on Kirk, hate on new OC, hate on ...fill in name and once that narrative gains steam the level of sustained venom in every thread everyday all day long will be like never before seen on Go Iowa Awesome. This is no longer about watching kids play football on beautiful fall days.
Can’t argue with that last sentence. It’s turned into a nepotism, national media circus created by Brian and Kirk. And it will all be over Jan 1, hopefully.

Buster Keaton The Blacksmith GIF by Maudit

Unless your father owns the company. I know people that are literally making millions of dollars to either screw things up or stay away. The latter is the smarter play.
Yea. I clarified that in a later post. If Kirk wants to let Brian run his private trucking business into the ground, by all means proceed.

Oh yes, the hate will subside until the new narrative is established (re-hate on Kirk, hate on new OC, hate on ...fill in name and once that narrative gains steam the level of sustained venom in every thread everyday all day long will be like never before seen on Go Iowa Awesome. This is no longer about watching kids play football on beautiful fall days.
In an ideal world, The Capt would solve a host of evils by retiring.

No. I never wondered that. I was just explaining to my friend that I didn't see Brian as a "hapless victim" in all of this.
Hey Jonesy
I wasn‘t trying to single you out as portraying BF as a victim.
A lot of people on the board seem to have that attitude. I was writing more to that than anything you posted.

Sorry if it came across that way.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Hey Jonesy
I wasn‘t trying to single you out as portraying BF as a victim.
A lot of people on the board seem to have that attitude. I was writing more to that than anything you posted.

Sorry if it came across that way.
No worries. I don't take this stuff nearly as seriously as some on here. 😃

Yea. I clarified that in a later post. If Kirk wants to let Brian run his private trucking business into the ground, by all means proceed.
A lot of head coaches treat the programs as their's to do as they see fit, family hires and all. It's almost a tradition.

No, he was not for sure. The last minute piling on when it’s all said and done now is just pathetic. Says more about those people than it does anyone else.
He's not done, and its not last minute, we're into overtime. Criticism is deserved in this situation where he's literally the worst at his job for this level of football and allowed to continue only because he works for his dad who the previous AD also worked for. Season's over that he was gracefully allowed to finish, pack your shit and leave. If he wants to continue to stretch it out as a lame duck and interfere with getting your more competent replacement on staff during the close of the recruiting period and giving him a chance to coach a game to see what he has to work with, then more criticism is deserved.

He's not done, and its not last minute, we're into overtime. Criticism is deserved in this situation where he's literally the worst at his job for this level of football and allowed to continue only because he works for his dad who the previous AD also worked for. Season's over that he was gracefully allowed to finish, pack your shit and leave. If he wants to continue to stretch it out as a lame duck and interfere with getting your more competent replacement on staff during the close of the recruiting period and giving him a chance to coach a game to see what he has to work with, then more criticism is deserved.
If you really believe that the only reason a new OC isn’t coaching in the bowl game is because of BF, you really have absolutely no clue how any of this works

Hahahahahaha. This made me laugh. Tim Polasek is just going to take the premier FCS program in the country over and be like, “Brian Ferentz seems like a great choice!”
Yes, FCS getting a FBS experienced OC. They worked together and already know what offense they're going to run. Not saying he is a great choice but for a FCS team he is a good choice.

Yes, FCS getting a FBS experienced OC. They worked together and already know what offense they're going to run. Not saying he is a great choice but for a FCS team he is a good choice.
I’m not sure Brian would be an average choice for offense coordinator at Drake or Coe, let alone NDSU. He’d be a better candidate to be a head coach at Drake or Coe than an offensive coordinator.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505
I’m not sure Brian would be an average choice for offense coordinator at Drake or Coe, let alone NDSU. He’d be a better candidate to be a head coach at Drake or Coe than an offensive coordinator.
Whatever. Maybe he would have better players at NDSU.

To prove that Brian wants it to be about the players and not him, he is staying on after being fired. Lot of questions why he is still coaching and getting praise from his dad in public. Doesn't want it to be about him though, just wants the players to get the attention.

I’ll do my best to show Brian Ferentz the same amount of respect that he’s shown the University of Iowa over the last couple of months.

I was always taught that respect is something you earn.
He hasn’t.
Oh. Do tell. How did he disrespect Iowa? Did he bad mouth the school to the press? Did he try to get recruits to go elsewhere? Do tell how he disrespected Iowa. If you think not wearing an Iowa logo is disrespectful, then you are in for a hellish life. If not that, then what.

Oh. Do tell. How did he disrespect Iowa? Did he bad mouth the school to the press? Did he try to get recruits to go elsewhere? Do tell how he disrespected Iowa. If you think not wearing an Iowa logo is disrespectful, then you are in for a hellish life. If not that, then what.
Hahaha. Brian. It’s all right. Just tuck your tail and leave town. It’s a couple years too late but hey, we are nice people in Iowa, so you took advantage of us for a little longer.

BF needs to take Hill and his old man with him when he leaves. Excitement for the future of Iowa football would be at an all-time high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT