ADVERTISEMENT

We stand a good chance of finishing 0-4 and 6-6.

We have lost to three teams, (two on the road and none were blowouts), who were higher ranked and frankly better than us. Our only chance to win today was to stop Taylor and we we came woefully short of doing that. We can still finish 9-3 and I think we will.

Reactions: arizonahawkI
We won't beat Minny. But should win the rest. You know, because the rest are below .500 (Nebbie) except for Illinois and I think we can upset them.

Yeah well I'd spot you a stoke each side and still take your money so big deal.
LOL. You would be one of the very, very few. And, BTW, I'm 67 years old and almost shot my age twice last season.

If I had to place odds on the rest of our season, I would put our chances at beating Minnesota at 25%. Illinois at 60% and Nebraska at 45%.

so much better to have blind ignorance of how this season will end instead of the reality that we’re an average program who has a winning record because we play in the Big 10W and play cupcake non-conference games.

We just lost to a legitimate top 10 team on the road by two and we have many saying we won't win anther game.

How did I know the final score would be used as justification against criticism. I don't think we will lose the remaining games. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa won them all either.

but after seeing Iowas offense slog along for 3 quarters, and then run an offense that allows them to move the ball when their back is in the wall (which they will likely abandon next weekend) that 2 point loss doesn't feel like a 2 point loss.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
How did I know the final score would be used as justification against criticism. I don't think we will lose the remaining games. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa won them all either.

but after seeing Iowas offense slog along for 3 quarters, and then run an offense that allows them to move the ball when their back is in the wall (which they will likely abandon next weekend) that 2 point loss doesn't feel like a 2 point loss.

Or Wisconsin's defense was tired by then...

It didn’t. But the Hawks are looking really bad.
I just love how this board over reacts after a two-point loss on the road to a team that's rated higher than we are. granite I wish we could have played better but quite frankly we don't have the linebackers we used to have and that doesn't bode well what are you trying to stop a team the runs the ball like they do.

I just love how this board over reacts after a two-point loss on the road to a team that's rated higher than we are. granite I wish we could have played better but quite frankly we don't have the linebackers we used to have and that doesn't bode well what are you trying to stop a team the runs the ball like they do.

"Minnesota is ranked higher than us"

"Yeah, like I said, we are SUPPOSED to lose to them"

"Oooohhhhhhh, now I feel better"

granite I wish we could have played better
WAB-Wet-Arbeidsmarkt-in-Balans-881x449.png

Reactions: spiderland
If I had to place odds on the rest of our season, I would put our chances at beating Minnesota at 25%. Illinois at 60% and Nebraska at 45%.
Well look here - Iowa won all 3 …. including Minnesota even though, according to your odds, the Hawks were a huge 3:1 underdog at Kinnick. Not surprisingly, the professional oddsmakers had Iowa favored in all 3 games. Can't wait for your future predictions …. and your imaginary golf conquests.

All 3 wins were close, so OP not completely off base.

Well, so were all of our losses. To think we would lose the last three games was pure foolishness and anyone who truly believed that is an idiot. We trailed for 0 out of 180 minutes of football.

Sorry some people have such a difficult time accepting that we are actually a pretty good football team.

Well, so were all of our losses. To think we would lose the last three games was pure foolishness and anyone who truly believed that is an idiot. We trailed for 0 out of 180 minutes of football.

Sorry some people have such a difficult time accepting that we are actually a pretty good football team.

Meh. This team was an average team with a weak schedule. We lost to every team we should have and barely scraped by teams with around .500 records.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT