ADVERTISEMENT

Well there goes a key piece of this class..

Not as overwhelmingly impressed as I am with Iowa football. Trust me, buddy!
And yet your here. Had you and your furry friends not posted here, I'd be unaware of your recruiting prowess, because I pay NO attention to your program unless were playing. There's no reason too. Your not relevant! If your unimpressed with Iowa winning five or six conference titles and ending the year ranked in the top ten half dozen time between Fry, and KF, then you must be suicidal about your own teams lack of success, because they've done NONE of these things in the last forty years! It's hilarious for you to say the gophers have higher expectations then what Iowa has done. So you think your going right to the CFP I assume? Well there little furry rodent, you have to crawl, before you can walk, and you've got a lot of crawling to do. As Stitch Jones said in Heartbreak Ridge, "Don't go away mad, just go away"!

So why is a recruit choosing Minn. such a heavy weight on this board. Lots of moaning and groaning from. a team that's one touchdown better than the gophers

This may be a shock to trolls like you but every year recruits pick iowa over Minnesota and vice versa. Being so close and both offering lot of same kids it happens and has before fleck and will continue even when he's gone.

Keep selling Fleck short. I'm telling you guys. I've met the guy. He is not Tim Brewster or Ron Zook (I left out Campbell because we don't know about him yet). Some people are all flash and no substance. Some are all substance and no flash. This guy is all flash and all substance. He has the hat and the cattle. What he did in Kalamazoo is extraordinarily rare. He changed that town. His personal story is something that has to move you if you have a heart and a tendency to root for the underdog. Find a recruit that has any kind of a chip on his shoulder and they'll commit to him.

I promise with 100% certainty that he will contend for BIG championships up there. He may even win a couple. The big boys will call, but in all seriousness I don't think his approach will play at a blue blood unless he finds a traditional power that has fallen on hard times. It would have to be Nebraska, Notre Dame, or Texas if they stay down for a while. Something like that.

Be very careful selling this man short. He's coming, and he's going to kick some tail in the near future.

Keep selling Fleck short. I'm telling you guys. I've met the guy. He is not Tim Brewster or Ron Zook (I left out Campbell because we don't know about him yet). Some people are all flash and no substance. Some are all substance and no flash. This guy is all flash and all substance. He has the hat and the cattle. What he did in Kalamazoo is extraordinarily rare. He changed that town. His personal story is something that has to move you if you have a heart and a tendency to root for the underdog. Find a recruit that has any kind of a chip on his shoulder and they'll commit to him.

I promise with 100% certainty that he will contend for BIG championships up there. He may even win a couple. The big boys will call, but in all seriousness I don't think his approach will play at a blue blood unless he finds a traditional power that has fallen on hard times. It would have to be Nebraska, Notre Dame, or Texas if they stay down for a while. Something like that.

Be very careful selling this man short. He's coming, and he's going to kick some tail in the near future.
You mean the part where he divorced his wife and married freak?

The more I read stuff like this, the more I think the guy will be a flop.

Yes so when guys leave Minnesota its only because Fleck told them to go and so he could bring in all his WMU recruits, gotcha. I mean who would decommit from Minnesota...

Also trolling 101 it's not smart and you sound like an idiot when you try and troll a program that has won 2 years in a row and 4 out of 5 against you and the big one your program hasn't been relevant since pre WW2.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. Not going back and forth anymore but not sure you know the definition of trolling as I was sharing information to the best of my knowledge on the topic. Craemer could become an All American for all I know. This was hardly a last minute 'flip' as it may seem on the surface, that's all.

Anyway, I'm done with the childish internet tit for tat.

Last edited:
Sizzle, something this staff is no good at selling. Don't worry though, they will fight off the Southern Illinois and Northern Iowas of the world in their annual dumpster dive to finish off the class. I'm sure whomever they end up getting will be far better than anyone they have offered thus far.

And when PT Barnum actually wins a division...let me know.....Actually their own fans would have to care first lol

Reactions: DixieHawkeye
De-committed cause he wants to take more visits. Like Iowa, Fleck has a no visit policy once committed.

I mean, I'm with you for the most part and I'm not going to say I necessarily saw Shannon decommitting. But saying that all the guys that are committed in May won't end up signing with a team isn't really a stretch, for any team. It's almost a certainty.

I mean, I'm with you for the most part and I'm not going to say I necessarily saw Shannon decommitting. But saying that all the guys that are committed in May won't end up signing with a team isn't really a stretch, for any team. It's almost a certainty.

yeah I meant above and beyond what is normal. I didn't make that clear. It had happened twice late last year and has already happened twice so far in this class.

This. There have been several reports of him putting a TON of pressure on kids to commit while on campus. I can see both sides of it. You add lots of early commits and build momentum, but you also have decommits and the message starts to turn. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out for him.

This. There have been several reports of him putting a TON of pressure on kids to commit while on campus. I can see both sides of it. You add lots of early commits and build momentum, but you also have decommits and the message starts to turn. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out for him.
This. Decommits are more hurtful than early commits are helpful.

5.7 Three Star 6'3" 285 DT Noah Shannon

We were his first offer, and he's since acquired more than 25. Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State & a lot more. I thought we were in a really, really good spot with him. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early on. I believe he was just in town for our Spring Game and recently named us as a leader in his recruitment.

So what the f*ck are they selling up in Minneapolis? He committed to PJ Fleck.

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys like this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(
Oh happy days!!!!!:)

Faith my friend, faith!!:D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Queue the "We didn't want him anyway" reply in 3...2...1...

Don't worry he's doing it another thread. Saying Fleck told him he didn't want Shannon back and he couldn't recommit even if he wanted to. Needless to say I don't think anyone is buying the garbage he continues to spew on here.

Reactions: thrillpac
5.7 Three Star 6'3" 285 DT Noah Shannon

We were his first offer, and he's since acquired more than 25. Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas State & a lot more. I thought we were in a really, really good spot with him. Kudos to the staff for identifying him early on. I believe he was just in town for our Spring Game and recently named us as a leader in his recruitment.

So what the f*ck are they selling up in Minneapolis? He committed to PJ Fleck.

Too bad, he was going to be a key piece for us in this class I thought. Really wanted KF to seal the deal. We need guys like this, within our 500 mile radius, if we can't manage to recruit nationally. This one hurts, guys. :(

We goin' to the 'ship now!!!

Will somebody follow gold around and just type 'lost to ISU in a bowl game'? It should kill whatever responses he may have.

There's no argument that some kids are just going to prefer being closer to a city than others. Minneapolis is a cool plac, growing quickly, and if kids want that rather than a college town, it's an obvious choice. Not always just about football. If you're unhappy you won't fit in any program,

Sizzle, something this staff is no good at selling. Don't worry though, they will fight off the Southern Illinois and Northern Iowas of the world in their annual dumpster dive to finish off the class. I'm sure whomever they end up getting will be far better than anyone they have offered thus far.

Great post.

He must realized that Minnesota's Scholly "meant something" to! And I'm sure those 10's of people at your spring game really impressed him lol![/QUOTE

I would not advertise the worth of a Gopher Scholarship when you can't spell "Too" correctly! Just saying.

Okay. We have been forewarned. I actually agree that he is likely to be much better than Zook or Brewster for the simple fact he's been a good head coach already. He changed a culture at Western, recruited well and won games. Now he's attempting to do it on a bigger stage. Can he take players who are a shade below or even with the competition, and win consistently with those guys? That is the question. He's not going to out-recruit Michigan, Penn State Ohio State, and if he out-recruits the teams in the West it won't be by an amount to make a difference if he can't develop or coach that talent.

I do think he can coach in addition to having his schtick. How does he handle his team when adversity hits? How does his team react when the adversity comes? Those are the big questions for any new coach. Fleck will be no different. But there's been a steady run of coaches now at Minnesota over the last 30 years who have wanted to do what Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern have done. None have succeeded. It doesn't mean Fleck can't/won't, it just means we've heard the pitch before.

Reactions: Ree4 and kceasthawk
Your certainly correct, Scothawk that Iowa has a long, and pretty successful history of building DT from other positions. Scherff probably not the best example though as he played OL his last year or so in high school, as it was obvious thats where his future was.
Ok, Dallas Clark and chad greenway can be used as examples of players switching positions at Iowa rather successfully. Mcnutt comes to mind as well

And yet your here. Had you and your furry friends not posted here, I'd be unaware of your recruiting prowess, because I pay NO attention to your program unless were playing. There's no reason too. Your not relevant! If your unimpressed with Iowa winning five or six conference titles and ending the year ranked in the top ten half dozen time between Fry, and KF, then you must be suicidal about your own teams lack of success, because they've done NONE of these things in the last forty years! It's hilarious for you to say the gophers have higher expectations then what Iowa has done. So you think your going right to the CFP I assume? Well there little furry rodent, you have to crawl, before you can walk, and you've got a lot of crawling to do. As Stitch Jones said in Heartbreak Ridge, "Don't go away mad, just go away"!
"The Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT