ADVERTISEMENT

What danger do Transgendered children pose to the rest of us?

There are a lot of things we don't let kids do...because they're kids. I think the issue is...should a minor be allowed to get reassignment surgery. It's pretty permanent....

• Males transitioning to females have their testicles and penis removed. The prostate gland may or may not be removed as well. Tissue from the penis is used to construct a vagina and clitoris. Labia – the “lips” surrounding the vagina – can be made from scrotal skin. The urethra (the tube from which urine leaves the body) is shortened.
  • Many biological men also have facial feminization surgery to change the appearance of their lips, eyes, nose, or Adam’s apple.
  • After surgery, patients use vaginal dilators to keep the new vagina open and flexible.
  • Surgery for females transitioning to males is more complicated and expensive. The breasts, ovaries, and uterus are removed and the vagina is closed. A penis and scrotum may be made from other tissue. In some cases, a penile implant is used. The urethra is extended so that the patient can urinate while standing.
If so....should there be an age limit? 16? 14?

Puberty blockers and hormone treatments are another issue.
Is this happening on a grand scale?

Reactions: cigaretteman
I don’t.

I understand how a young woman that trained for most of her life and had a goal to swim at the ncaa nationals feels dicked over by somebody that barely cracked the top 250 as a guy.

Reactions: Hammer93
I know a 12 yo kid who is being forced to be a girl since he was 8 by the behest of his aunt who is his legal guardian even though he has explicitly stated he is tired of being a girl.

You are correct. Just wondering if you are okay with the scenario I propose. Waiting until 18?
Not ok with it personally but once you are an adult you are free to make health decisions on your own.

This discussion effectively falls under the “if it feels good, do it” category of thinking. Most mature adults know that this is a dangerous policy.

I don’t.

I understand how a young woman that trained for most of her life and had a goal to swim at the ncaa nationals feels dicked over by somebody that barely cracked the top 250 as a guy.
I think around 95 percent of Americans agree with you. I’m not sure this thread is about competition though.

Reactions: cjr1310
I know a 12 yo kid who is being forced to be a girl since he was 8 by the behest of his aunt who is his legal guardian even though he has explicitly stated he is tired of being a girl.
The aunt is a hero to the left.

isn’t that how it is worded all the time to the right?

Yes it is but because the kid can't make his own decision until he's 14. The facility is forced to keep giving him spironolactone and estrogen shots because his aunt says so and because the providers are so invested in the transformation.
^ this is ****ed. I hope the kids sues the shit out of the aunt if everything you said is true.

Not ok with it personally but once you are an adult you are free to make health decisions on your own.

This discussion effectively falls under the “if it feels good, do it” category of thinking. Most mature adults know that this is a dangerous policy.
My experience overseas, especially Asia, probably influences my outlook on this. Buddhism believes that women can be born in a man’s body. Transsexuals were very prevalent. Nobody seemed to bat an eye. Difference in cultures I guess.

Here's the kicker...due to laws in NM kids under 14 are not legally allowed to refuse medication.

So the kid thought he was a girl, gets on this stuff, and then decides he doesn't want to be and can't get off it?
Terrible if true, but odd. His expressing his desire to provider should be all it takes.

I’m old school in that I don’t think kids are mature enough to make decisions for themselves until they’re like 25-30
^^^^ This. Especially since we know now that the human brain does not reach full development until this timeframe (btw - that would eliminate a decent amount of HROT posters from thoughtful discussion).

Well, as someone who is about to have a female child, likely to compete in athletics, I can say that is a "danger" I must consider.
Congrats!!! Girls are life changing...
^ this is ****ed. I hope the kids sues the shit out of the aunt if everything you said is true.
Been involved in this kid's care for the last 4 years. I've documented in his electronic medical record exactly what he's told me so he might have some repercussion if he so chooses.

Apparently you compare your ability to be influenced as an adult to that of a child.

*especially when considering that a teacher (read position of authority) could be influencing them.
Even as a kid I knew I was male. I never had any question about that. Ever. If someone told me they felt they were genuinely the opposite sex of how they were born, I would have thought they were weird, but in no way would I have questioned myself.

Would you have thought twice about whatever sex you are if you had an openly TG student in your school?

So the kid thought he was a girl, gets on this stuff, and then decides he doesn't want to be and can't get off it?
Terrible if true, but odd. His expressing his desire to provider should be all it takes.
His aunt thought he was manifesting "girl type" qualities so he gets dragged before a shrink who asks him if he wants to be a girl. He says yes and here we go down the path. Now that he doesn't want to be a girl he can't stop the treatment because his legal guardian will not let him quit which by law her wishes must be met.

Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?
Adults should protect children that are not equipped to protect themselves. The problem is not the trans kid, it is the adult in their life that failed to protect them that is the problem.

I have no issues if a kid wants to dress like a boy or girl; however, I really don't think they should go through any treatment/procedures until they can make their own decision; which America has chosen to be 18. I don't think anyone would argue that some parents "groom" kids to be something they want them to be, or, maybe a kid thinks he will get more attention from family and friends if he acts a certain way. That is clearly not a good reason to start a transition; so, I would say at least have them wait until they are adults to make sure it is truly what they want.

Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?
Out of concern for the child first ... obviously.

Second, transgenderism is a LIE. Worse, there are influential people and groups who promote even the wildest claims of transgenderism.

I mean, unless you think biological men can menstruate, become pregnant ...

I can appreciate that. What's next though? Creating legislation banning Batman Capes?
I agree that we as a society are going to need to address this with policy. The problem is that the far left Democrats believe that all transgenders need to be accepted as the sex they desire and the far right Republicans believe that they shouldn’t exist. Definitely need a middle ground.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
Out of concern for the child first ... obviously.

Second, transgenderism is a LIE. Worse, there are influential people and groups who promote even the wildest claims of transgenderism.

I mean, unless you think biological men can menstruate, become pregnant ...
I don’t know that transgenderism is a lie but I understand that for most it is difficult to understand.

With all due respect, who? Medical director? DOJ? Governor? Board of Medicine? Board of Pharmacy? They are all on board.
I would suppose Child Protective Services or some such ilk would be a start. I would not simply sit by and observe and only take notes while this child is being treat so sadly. BTW - I would also suggest that you too may be in some legal jam or another over this.

His aunt thought he was manifesting "girl type" qualities so he gets dragged before a shrink who asks him if he wants to be a girl. He says yes and here we go down the path. Now that he doesn't want to be a girl he can't stop the treatment because his legal guardian will not let him quit which by law her wishes must be met.

You sure on the details here? It reads to me as made up by a conservative blogger. What treatments? Presumably the child would have only just started puberty blockers recently (age 12) if at all. You're saying the guardian can force the child to take puberty blockers and there's no second opinion the child can get and no intervention otherwise possible?

As long as it doesn't affect Iowa's ability to win a national championship............................at any point in the future. :D

Wow - great argument. What the hell does that matter? Kind of like someone arguing for the death penalty because killing a wrongfully convicted person doesn't happen on a grand scale.
That's actually a great analogy, as the death penalty is supposed to serve as a deterrent to murder. So yeah, if hardly anyone was getting murdered, I'd argue against using the death penalty in capitol murder charges. Simply too costly to implement given a (hypothetically speaking) low frequency of occurrence.

Can’t the kid talk to an administrator or nurse at their school? I believe that would get some action.

I would suppose Child Protective Services or some such ilk would be a start. I would not simply sit by and observe and only take notes while this child is being treat so sadly. BTW - I would also suggest that you too may be in some legal jam or another over this.
CYFD (NM version of CPS) would not open a case on this because they do not deem this abuse. I have thought about the legal ramifications for my own practice. There are ethical considerations for sure. Mostly my practice is protected by existing law but there are some gray areas I'm not comfortable with for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT