ADVERTISEMENT

What danger do Transgendered children pose to the rest of us?

Seems like this discussion mirrors the suicide prevention techniques of years gone by.

Kid feels a certain way, tell them to tough it out because their feelings aren't valid and they aren't old enough to even understand their feelings.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm in my mid forties. If my brother came to me and said that he wants a mangina, I would tell him that he is not thinking clearly and he needs to get some help.

If you have an anorexic family member that says they want to go on a juice fast, would you go along with that as well?
Would I have a choice?

people make life decisions that they think work for them. In the end, it’s not something I can control

I am not saying that there are not kids who are unhappy with their lives that may think that being transgender will solve their problems. That's why individuals who claim to be transgender need to be evaluated by medical professions to see if they really have gender dysphoria.
Good, not sure why you just wouldn't agree with my post and move on then, but thanks for the affirmation I guess.

The problem with reporting this is that there is literally nobody who believes what the aunt is doing is wrong. I've taken issue with the provider. I've taken issue with the medical director. Both have told me the aunt is guardian. and because the kid has professed his desire to be a girl in the past being in an acute psychiatric facility and stating otherwise can be construed as a manifestation of mental illness. Hence we will continue with current treatment. CYFD (DHS) complaints are filed against parents of kids who don't support their trans choices, sure as hell not the other way around. Kids are forced to take psych meds all the time against their will. It's a slippery slope.
So are you saying children under the age of 14 should be able to make their own medical decisions, or that they shouldn't?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Good, not sure why you just wouldn't agree with my post and move on then, but thanks for the affirmation I guess.
I just think the number of kids claiming to be transgender, but are not, is a very small number. I also don't think it's something society needs to worry about or make laws to avoid. Gender dysphoria is a medical condition and should be handled by medical professionals and families, not the government, religious institutions, or Jill and Joe down the street that thinks being transgender is yucky.

Last edited:
What makes it a big deal is that this ideology is being affirmed in schools under the guise of tolerance and acceptance. But it carries with it a lifetime of consequences that people trusted with protecting these kids are ignoring.
so You think schools policy of tolerance and acceptance affirms this ideology. You did go to high school right? You do remember how being different worked for kids? i don’t think being transgender is getting you a seat at the cool kids table for lunch

The problem with reporting this is that there is literally nobody who believes what the aunt is doing is wrong. I've taken issue with the provider. I've taken issue with the medical director. Both have told me the aunt is guardian. and because the kid has professed his desire to be a girl in the past being in an acute psychiatric facility and stating otherwise can be construed as a manifestation of mental illness. Hence we will continue with current treatment. CYFD (DHS) complaints are filed against parents of kids who don't support their trans choices, sure as hell not the other way around. Kids are forced to take psych meds all the time against their will. It's a slippery slope.
It looks like you are in a tough spot, and that you have done everything you reasonably can to report your concerns.

If your medical director had some courage, I bet he/she could easily say that the treatments can't continue without approval by the court having jurisdiction over the guardianship. Even then, the judge might still approve it. Regardless he/she has appararently taken the path of least resistance.

It looks like you are in a tough spot, and that you have done everything you reasonably can to report your concerns.

If your medical director had some courage, I bet he/she could easily say that the treatments can't continue without approval by the court having jurisdiction over the guardianship. Even then, the judge might still approve it. Regardless he/she has appararently taken the path of least resistance.
I get what you're saying but I wouldn't quite classify it as the director doesn't have courage. I would classify it more as agreeing with the need to continue with therapy. I've filed child abuse reports. There is clear cut criteria for filing a report. Guardian forcing child to take meds against child's will that have been prescribed by a provider is not one of them. People think this is a black and white issue. It's not.

Why should I give a schitt if some kid wants to transgender? I'm at a loss to understand the danger?
None but I do not trust teachers who want to talk sex with a second grader. We used to call them Pervs

so You think schools policy of tolerance and acceptance affirms this ideology. You did go to high school right? You do remember how being different worked for kids? i don’t think being transgender is getting you a seat at the cool kids table for lunch
Do you have kids in middle/high school right now?

Today? Earlier in the thread you said you didn't know who to contact, are you now saying that you had already talked to the child protective services?
No I stated I don't know who to contact in lieu of the situation because no one considers this child abuse. I would be more than happy to walk you through the process of filing a CYFD report.

• Experiencing discrimination or mistreatment in education, employment, housing, health care, in places of public accommodations, or from law enforcement is associated with higher prevalence of suicide thoughts and attempts. For example, the prevalence of past-year suicide attempts by those who reported that they had been denied equal treatment in the past year because they are transgender was more than double that of those who had not experienced such treatment (13.4% compared to 6.3%). • Those who reported that their spouses, partners, or children rejected them because they are transgender reported higher prevalence of lifetime and past-year suicide attempts. Those who reported rejection by their family of origin, for example, reported twice the prevalence of past-year suicide attempts compared to those who had not experienced such rejection (10.5% compared to 5.1%). • Respondents who had been rejected by their religious communities or had undergone conversion therapy were more likely to report suicide thoughts and attempts. For instance, 13.1 percent of those who had experienced religious rejection in the past year had attempted suicide in the past year; by contrast, 6.3 percent of respondents who had experienced religious acceptance in the past year attempted suicide in the past year. • Experiences of violence, including intimate partner violence (IPV) are associated with higher prevalence of suicide thoughts and attempts. Over 30 percent of those who were physically attacked in a place of public accommodation reported attempting suicide in the past year, which is over four times the prevalence among respondents who were not similarly attacked.

• Experiencing discrimination or mistreatment in education, employment, housing, health care, in places of public accommodations, or from law enforcement is associated with higher prevalence of suicide thoughts and attempts. For example, the prevalence of past-year suicide attempts by those who reported that they had been denied equal treatment in the past year because they are transgender was more than double that of those who had not experienced such treatment (13.4% compared to 6.3%). • Those who reported that their spouses, partners, or children rejected them because they are transgender reported higher prevalence of lifetime and past-year suicide attempts. Those who reported rejection by their family of origin, for example, reported twice the prevalence of past-year suicide attempts compared to those who had not experienced such rejection (10.5% compared to 5.1%). • Respondents who had been rejected by their religious communities or had undergone conversion therapy were more likely to report suicide thoughts and attempts. For instance, 13.1 percent of those who had experienced religious rejection in the past year had attempted suicide in the past year; by contrast, 6.3 percent of respondents who had experienced religious acceptance in the past year attempted suicide in the past year. • Experiences of violence, including intimate partner violence (IPV) are associated with higher prevalence of suicide thoughts and attempts. Over 30 percent of those who were physically attacked in a place of public accommodation reported attempting suicide in the past year, which is over four times the prevalence among respondents who were not similarly attacked.
Also
Those who had “de-transitioned” at some point, meaning having gone back to living according to their sex assigned at birth, were significantly more likely to report suicide thoughts and attempts, both past-year and lifetime, than those who had never “de-transitioned.” Nearly 12 percent of those who “de-transitioned” attempted suicide in the past year compared to 6.7 percent of those who have not “de-transitioned.

No I dont
I live in what could easily be described as a pretty conservative area. I wouldn’t label it as “cool kids table” as you mention. But, if you’re seeking attention, this kinda seems to be a new outlet (if that makes sense).
Teh gay isn’t contagious or anything, but posing as a self confident binary/gay/bi whatever definitely has a clique feel like goth or grunge from my day. Something you dress your personality up in to find conformity and acceptance (just one man’s observations with two kids high school age)

No I stated I don't know who to contact in lieu of the situation because no one considers this child abuse. I would be more than happy to walk you through the process of filing a CYFD report.
I've filed many reports with DHS. I don't need to be walked through the process. I think there are things you are not aware of regarding this child's condition if you contacted the authorities and they didn't take action.

I live in what could easily be described as a pretty conservative area. I wouldn’t label it as “cool kids table” as you mention. But, if you’re seeking attention, this kinda seems to be a new outlet (if that makes sense).
Teh gay isn’t contagious or anything, but posing as a self confident binary/gay/bi whatever definitely has a clique feel like goth or grunge from my day. Something you dress your personality up in to find conformity and acceptance (just one man’s observations with two kids high school age)
I hear similar stories from my friends in education. Appears to be a new way to get attention.

Reactions: TennNole17
I've filed many reports with DHS. I don't need to be walked through the process. I think there are things you are not aware of regarding this child's condition if you contacted the authorities and they didn't take action.
I've never filed a report in regard to this kid. I've filed reports on other kids who have clear cut signs of abuse like bruising, etc. or if they have reported being sexually abused. I did file an abuse charge on said child because the provider and medical director if interrogated by authorities would not endorse my opinion of the matter. It's cased closed at that point.

I get what you're saying but I wouldn't quite classify it as the director doesn't have courage. I would classify it more as agreeing with the need to continue with therapy. I've filed child abuse reports. There is clear cut criteria for filing a report. Guardian forcing child to take meds against child's will that have been prescribed by a provider is not one of them. People think this is a black and white issue. It's not.
My contention with your medical director's position is that guardians, even plenary guardians, don't have unlimited leeway to make decisions. Certain major medical decisions require court approval, such as ending life support or sending someone to an institution.

This may not exactly be abuse, but it could be a matter where a court would want to be informed so it can properly exercise its powers of oversight over the Guardian to decide whether the Guardian is acting within the "best interest" standards of conduct.

From my experience, if certain medical treatments are outside of the "mainstream" a guardian should seek prior court approval, but perhaps blockers are mainstream now, so the court wouldn't scrutinize the treatments anyway.

If there's no active involvement with a GAL who's fully informed, then the aunt is basically on the honor system to self report these types of things and obtain court approval, assuming she wants to avoid personal liability in the future.

Reactions: red/green hawk
My contention with your medical director's position is that guardians, even plenary guardians, don't have unlimited leeway to make decisions. Certain major medical decisions require court approval, such as ending life support or sending someone to an institution.

This may not exactly be abuse, but it could be a matter where a court would want to be informed so it can properly exercise its powers of oversight over the Guardian to decide whether the Guardian is acting within the "best interest" standards of conduct.

From my experience, if certain medical treatments are outside of the "mainstream" a guardian should seek prior court approval, but perhaps blockers are mainstream now, so the court wouldn't scrutinize the treatments anyway.

If there's no active involvement with a GAL who's fully informed, then the aunt is basically on the honor system to self report these types of things and obtain court approval, assuming she wants to avoid personal liability in the future.
I understand what you're saying. In post #196 I kinda laid out what would happen if investigated. An investigator would come and speak with the provider and director. They would not endorse the accusations and case would be closed. The court doesn't even get involved. This kid falls through the cracks.

Blockers are mainstream now. They are regularly prescribed like anything else. The aunt earnestly believes it is in the kids self interest to continue with treatments given what she's witnessed and what he has said in the past.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I understand what you're saying. In post #196 I kinda laid out what would happen if investigated. An investigator would come and speak with the provider and director. They would not endorse the accusations and case would be closed. The court doesn't even get involved. This kid falls through the cracks.

Blockers are mainstream now. They are regularly prescribed like anything else. The aunt earnestly believes it is in the kids self interest to continue with treatments given what she's witnessed and what he has said in the past.
By why wouldn't they address the accusations? A formal compliant in writing essentially requires action on behalf of the agency.

Every time a suggestion is offered, you have some explanation as to why it wouldn't work which doesn't sound very well thought out.

Reactions: gohawks50
Are you sure they are posing. I’m sure there are kids who might pose as gay because its cool but isn’t it also the case that some of those kids actually are gay.

And isn’t it a positive reflection on our society that those children can find some measure of acceptance. Maybe those school policies of acceptance are in some way working. When I was in school we had a number of young men/women who turned out to be gay. in Those days they could have never stepped out of the closet.

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT