ADVERTISEMENT

What will the starting line up look like now?

I'm sure we'll get 4-6th place. I can see 6-8th place if we're banged up again. A little disappointed but I'm OK with it. I got my season tickets anyway and I'm still looking forward to the season. Looking forward to Hot Carl coming into town.

Reactions: Spoons and el dub
2023-2024 (Recruiting year: 2022)

125: Drake Ayala, SO

133: Brody Teske, SR/Cullan Schriever, JR

141: Real Woods, SR

149: Victor Voinovich, SO/Caleb Rathjen, SO

157: Jared Franek, SR/Cobe Siebrecht, SR/Anthony Ferrari, FR

165: Patrick Kennedy, SO/Michael Caliendo, SO

174: Nelson Brands, SR/Patrick Kennedy, SO

184: Abe Assad, SR/Gabe Arnold, FR/Zach Glazier, SR/Brennon Swafford, SR

197: Zach Glazier, SR/Kolby Franklin, FR/A.J. Ferrari, SO

HWT: Tony Cassioppi, SR/Bradley Hill, FR/Ben Keuter, FR

Bold = suspended. I can still see a 2nd place squad here.

Heres my line up with some wrestlers out.
125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich or Block
157- Franek or Riggins
165- Caliendo or Riggins
174-Gabe Arnold or Swafford
184-McCain or Rhoades
197- Franklin or Glazier
HWT- Hill or Marty or Fleshman or Kueter

125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich or Block
157- Franek or Riggins
165- Caliendo or Riggins
184-McCain or Rhoades
197- Franklin or Glazier
Does Riggins have the size to move to 74 and Swafford to 84?

125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich
157- Franek
165- Caliendo
174-PK (Gabe while PK is suspended)
184-Swafford
197- Franklin or Glazier
HWT- Hill (hopefully Kueter second semester) We aren't getting 4 years out of Ben anyway so might as well wrestle him even if a redshirt is probably needed imo.

125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich or Block
157- Franek or Riggins
165- Caliendo or Riggins
184-McCain or Rhoades
197- Franklin or Glazier
125-Cruz/Ayala*
133-Teske
141-Woods
149-Voinovich/Rathjen*
157-Franek
165-Caliendo/Kennedy
174-Caliendo/Kennedy/Arnold gets matches
184-Swafford/Riggins (lol at roster listing Riggins at 57)
197-Glazier/Franklin
HWT-Hill/Kueter

*Injured currently

125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich or Block
157- Franek or Riggins
165- Caliendo or Riggins
184-McCain or Rhoades
197- Franklin or Glazier

Lol yes the guy who sucked down and scratched and clawed to take 3rd at the ISU open last year is an “or” with Jared Franek. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s not seeing 157 again.

Reactions: js8793 and el dub
125-Cruz/Ayala*
133-Teske
141-Woods
149-Voinovich/Rathjen*
157-Franek
165-Caliendo/Kennedy
174-Caliendo/Kennedy/Arnold gets matches
184-Swafford/Riggins (lol at roster listing Riggins at 57)
197-Glazier/Franklin
HWT-Hill/Kueter

*Injured currently
Drake is still injured?

Not looking it up, but I thought I remembered Marty pinning Hill last year? Did he catch him or are we assuming Hill has passed him up or ?

Swafford will never be effective. Riggins has some serious potential.
I really don’t know how you could say this. I get that Riggins is younger and presumably has more room to grow but he’ll be coming up 20 lbs, if you’re assuming he’s gonna be an 84.

Swafford only has 10 lbs to grow and we’ve seen him compete and get some quality wins. He needs to prove that he can be an AA caliber wrestler, but after a few years in the room, closer to the desired weight and what he’s shown. I think he’s the guy to beat out. Maybe Aiden will and maybe he won’t but to say Swafford will never be effective is a ludicrous statement at this point imo.

I really don’t know how you could say this. I get that Riggins is younger and presumably has more room to grow but he’ll be coming up 20 lbs, if you’re assuming he’s gonna be an 84.

Swafford only has 10 lbs to grow and we’ve seen him compete and get some quality wins. He needs to prove that he can be an AA caliber wrestler, but after a few years in the room, closer to the desired weight and what he’s shown. I think he’s the guy to beat out. Maybe Aiden will and maybe he won’t but to say Swafford will never be effective is a ludicrous statement at this point imo.
I’m sorry. A mid level recruit wrestling up a weight class or TWO, isn’t a recipe for success. Evah….

I’m sorry. A mid level recruit wrestling up a weight class or TWO, isn’t a recipe for success. Evah….
Both guys certainly have some stuff to prove before we crown them. At this point idk how some one can definitively say that one is clearly the better option. Especially if that one is “less proven” and is coming up a legitimate 20lbs.

Really need to win the appeal on level of punishment - there’s guys that have been successful in reducing the severity in the past.

133: Peterson/Cruz - teske if he’s healed and spent time in gladiator camp this off season.
149: Victor Voinovich, SO
157: Jared Franek
165 : PK
174: Caliendo
184: Gabe Arnold - I would take Gabe over Assad regardless.
197: Kolby Franklin(what’s his off season been like? If on scholly hope he steps it up) or A.J. Ferrari
HWT: Ben Keuter, FR - if there’s a time to go it would be now before multiple seasons of Football.

I see 6 all Americans with questions at 33, 97 and heavy. And potential 7th AA at 84. If Ferrari joins that’s huuuge. We need Cass to win his appeal(knucklehead).

Also we should be able to coach up 2 AAs at 25&33 from the pool of Ayala, teske, Cruz and Peterson. Peterson had a great summer and Fargo. No one told him he was supposed to be a room guy…

I don’t think either will be viable up that high.

I don’t think either will be viable up that high.
I think Glazier is still on the team isn't he? I know little, however got to believe he's better than Franklin, giving his experience in the room, at this point. And Franklin's basic lack of success to date. Even though I see Franklin had a 4 to 3 win at some point last year against Glazier, I'd give the nod to him.

I think Glazier is still on the team isn't he? I know little, however got to believe he's better than Franklin, giving his experience in the room, at this point. And Franklin's basic lack of success to date. Even though I see Franklin had a 4 to 3 win at some point last year against Glazier, I'd give the nod to him.

Franklin has “a basic lack of success”? Has Glazier been tearing it up and I missed it? He got beat by Franklin last year. Glazier is small and would be wise to go for 184.

Flip a coin. Neither result is good.

Not looking it up, but I thought I remembered Marty pinning Hill last year? Did he catch him or are we assuming Hill has passed him up or ?

The perception is he just got caught. No idea.

Reactions: OldKohawk
Glazier has definitely been more fun to watch. Strange - seemed like Franklin was a bigger recruit. Anyone know where he ranked in recruiting?

Reactions: edohawk
I hope his dad isn't offended, but Gabe is too short for 184.

As an example, he struggled a bit getting TDs against Naak last season. Naak is kinda your prototype 184. Guys wrestling at that weight are typically kids that are 195 or thereabouts before cutting.
JMO
Definitely a risk putting him there at the ncaa level. He did wrestle 180 last year though right? Question is could he bring home hardware at 84. 174 ideal - he definitely looks more jacked than caliendo, pk, and swafford. Nelson’s only 1 inch taller and we were penciling him in as a potential 84

Definitely a risk putting him there at the ncaa level. He did wrestle 180 last year though right? Question is could he bring home hardware at 84. 174 ideal - he definitely looks more jacked than caliendo, pk, and swafford. Nelson’s only 1 inch taller and we were penciling him in as a potential 84
In nearly every case, short 184s can't finish takedowns if longer guys sprawl.

Add in the fact that most high school studs never had to go underneath in high school and have trouble on bottom as freshman...Gabe would struggle at 184.

Unless the plan is to just do the minimum number of matches to not use a year of eligibility, then fine, go 184.

In nearly every case, short 184s can't finish takedowns if longer guys sprawl.

Add in the fact that most high school studs never had to go underneath in high school and have trouble on bottom as freshman...Gabe would struggle at 184.

Unless the plan is to just do the minimum number of matches to not use a year of eligibility, then fine, go 184.
Well, we have 5 matches to find out…

Here goes nothing…
125: Cruz to start then Ayala if he is back in time.
133: would like to see Peterson early and eventually go to Teske.
141: Woods
149: Would LOVE to see Block early and then go to Voinovich outside shot we see Rathjen at sometime also. Wildcard here is Ferrari not likely but a wildcard for sure.
157: Franek
165: PK/Caliendo
174: PK/Caliendo which ever weight PK ends up obviously he won’t start there. Could see Riggins or maybe even Rhodes if he is at 165. If he is at 174 I would Really would like to see what Arnold has at 174 and he has said he wants a shot at Starcrap.
184: This is a BIG concern don’t know for sure what they will do here. I guess maybe Riggins from some others are saying. Wish youngest Ferrari could wrestle.
197: I am hoping Franklin has improved something about him I really like. But more likely it will be Glazer. Maybe Glazier can make 184.
Hwt: Hill to start then let Kueter have a shot.
Champ/s at 141 and a shot at 157. 165 could AA, Likely AA at 125. Possible AA’s at at 133,149 and 174. If Kueter gets a shot I think he AA’s.

Really need to win the appeal on level of punishment - there’s guys that have been successful in reducing the severity in the past.

133: Peterson/Cruz - teske if he’s healed and spent time in gladiator camp this off season.
149: Victor Voinovich, SO
157: Jared Franek
165 : PK
174: Caliendo
184: Gabe Arnold - I would take Gabe over Assad regardless.
197: Kolby Franklin(what’s his off season been like? If on scholly hope he steps it up) or A.J. Ferrari
HWT: Ben Keuter, FR - if there’s a time to go it would be now before multiple seasons of Football.

I see 6 all Americans with questions at 33, 97 and heavy. And potential 7th AA at 84. If Ferrari joins that’s huuuge. We need Cass to win his appeal(knucklehead).

Also we should be able to coach up 2 AAs at 25&33 from the pool of Ayala, teske, Cruz and Peterson. Peterson had a great summer and Fargo. No one told him he was supposed to be a room guy…
Arnold over Assad? 😂😂😂

Reactions: el dub
Arnold over Assad? 😂😂😂
Your handle gives your bias away just a little:)

Just sayin - so far Assad has been the same guy as his freshman year. A few moments of hope during regular season on flames out in March. Would love to see him prove me wrong but would rather see a blue chip frosh get a shot over him given known data.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
125-Ayala
133- Teske
141 -Woods
149- Voinovich
157- Franek
165- Caliendo
174-PK (Gabe while PK is suspended)
184-Swafford
197- Franklin or Glazier
HWT- Hill (hopefully Kueter second semester) We aren't getting 4 years out of Ben anyway so might as well wrestle him even if a redshirt is probably needed imo.
Hi Coach: Is PK going to be big enough for 174? From my computer and TV screen he seemed to be on the small to average size at 65 last year. Did he do some major eating/weight training/packing on the pounds in the off-season? Just curious...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT