ADVERTISEMENT

Where does ISU go when the Big 12 implodes?

I almost forgot that your conference got eliminated as early as they did yet again this March Madness. I’m glad the B1G doesn’t go down that easy in the tourney.

Thanks for the reminder!

Huh? You don't honestly think the B1G was comparable to the B12 in basketball this year, right?

I wonder since 2000 how many times the B1G’s advanced a team further in the tourney compared to the Big12. My rough guess would probably 13 or 14 times.

B12 cleaned up with NCAA tourney revenue this year

and as usual it didn’t matter as isu was still looking up at big bro Iowa by millions and millions and millions. Raise your hand if you have seen this movie before.

Don't know much about tier 3 rights do you.

Sure do, does isu make what Texas makes? Does the longhorn network have anything to do with the difference? No network will ever make that mistake again. So just as I said Michigan and OSU would be fools to leave the Big Ten for the Texas Ten .

But do tell us how it really is. Reality and clown fans mix as well as oil and water.

I wonder since 2000 how many times the B1G’s advanced a team further in the tourney compared to the Big12. My rough guess would probably 13 or 14 times.

Quick answer - at least 11

Since formation of Big 12 ('96-'97 athletic year):

Big 12 - 9 Final Fours (Kansas most with 5, including one championship).
Big Ten - 17 Final Fours (Mich St most with 8, including one championship).

No Final Four for either conference: '97, '98, '06, '11, '17 (Don't know which conference advanced further pre-Final Four).

Big 12 advanced further: '03, '04, '08, '12, '16

Big Ten advanced further: '99, '00, '01, '02, '05, '07, '09, '10, '13, '14, '15, '18

(No ties - no years in which each conference lost in national semis)

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Quick answer - at least 11

Since formation of Big 12 ('96-'97 athletic year):

Big 12 - 9 Final Fours (Kansas most with 5, including one championship).
Big Ten - 17 Final Fours (Mich St most with 8, including one championship).

No Final Four for either conference: '97, '98, '06, '11, '17 (Don't know which conference advanced further pre-Final Four).

Big 12 advanced further: '03, '04, '08, '12, '16

Big Ten advanced further: '99, '00, '01, '02, '05, '07, '09, '10, '13, '14, '15, '18

(No ties - no years in which each conference lost in national semis)
Thanks for looking that up! I knew the B1G has dominated them in football but people forget how much the B1G has dominated them in basketball as well.

The B1G is the Big12’s “B1G” bro if you will.

Neb is proving that point as well since the switch & their struggles over here.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Big 12 is 3rd in revenue behind SEC and B10; they aren't going anywhere.

Trolls gonna troll.
Agree. As much as Hawk fans would like to see ISU isolated by a break-up it's not going to happen. Rather than glee over a Big 12 breakup Iowa needs to figure out how to beat Iowa St. consistently.

When Brian Ferentz's offense curb stomps the ISU defense and the Iowa D shuts down the ISU offense and Iowa wins again this fall, making it 4 wins in a row will that be demoralizing to ISU fans??? I mean how many losses in a row are tolerated and still run the mouth about how ISU is really better???? And BF will relish any opportunity to run up the points just as they did against OSU and Nebraska last season. Oh and that 4 o'clock start in Kinnick that will be glorious to let everyone get cranked up hours before hand.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Nope, just highlighting the success of the current Iowa coach. Current recruitable kids don't pay too much mind to records from 2 generations ago since they weren't born yet.

0-2 if we are highlighting the current coaches in the game for Campbell and ISU. Soon to be 0-3.

Nope, just highlighting the success of the current Iowa coach. Current recruitable kids don't pay too much mind to records from 2 generations ago since they weren't born yet.
Iowa has a 7-3 record over the clowns the last ten years, if you want to by what would be most relevant to the 17 year old's generation.

So the current coach at Iowa is 2-0 over the current coach at isu. Talk about consistency. Tell us how that doesn’t count.

That might not be a good angle to take. 4-5, 7-10, 10-15 since they were born. 2-0 vs current savior. So sure, go back 20 years, those kids remember. Ask them about top 10 finishes and major bowl appearances if you like, you know since it's about the current coaches. Better approach is probably needed on this one, you got sloppy.

Just pointing out the record of the future HOF coach against the other P5 program in the state.

And Nebraska won national titles in the 1990s when they routinely cake walked through the Big 8 or 12 or whatever it was back then. So damn long ago can't recall.
Correct, and that was about at the end of the Fry 15 year streak against ISU. It is a distant memory and recruits could care less. Nebraska has started to fade into the abyss.

KF hasn’t coached in 20 games. He is 10-9. Better change your selective criteria yet again. Eventually you will get it right.

So as has been stated only a clown fan would cheer a losing record against a rival.

Woof or is it yikes Cytwins.

Herky ran fact scoreboard on you rat, Dickie V is screaming in his mic 'better get a TO baby' that one has to sting a bit.

That would mean Fry lost his last ISU game. That was such a long time ago. We will just have to even up Freerent's record this year

ADVERTISEMENT