ADVERTISEMENT

Who has a good scouting report on ILLinois? They are scoring pts

Our D seems to have improved recently, not sure how, but they have.

If Deacon keeps it slowed down like he started to in Q3 we're in good shape.
I was at the West Mich game and Nick Jackson was turning around quite a but pre-snap getting his assignment and maybe tipoffs from Schulte mainly but also Higgins. Nick was interviewed after yesterday's game as he was chosen a defensive player of the game and they asked him about his time with Iowa and with PParker. The main thing I heard was that Iowa's defense looks simple to run but there is a lot of nuance and rules to it.

So I think Nick is really showing up the last 4-5 games and being instinctive and quicker to the ball. Jemari Harris is breaking up more passes than when he first came back when he made some mistakes. So with those two positions playing better it all adds up. Black and the DLine is playing great. A few posters early in the year wanted Logan Lee benched, my gawd how stupid. X is steady and he will make a few big plays yet.

Illannoy has zero chance. You kidding me? You notice it got dark in Kinnick during the 4th quarter?
Gonna happen again. Our D clamps down in the 4th anyway, now you put the West on the line and Senior Day in a night environment vs a team that ISN'T a top East team?

Illannoy is done.

All I want is for teams to stop being pus***s and get back to turning the ball over against Iowa.

Yesterday was a nice start with the Schulte pick, but that's starting to feel like pulling teeth as well because of how overly safe teams are trying to play against us.
Opposing coaches know and plan to play it sort of safe and try to get the lead on the hawks. They know making mistakes and turnovers is how to get behind Iowa and lose. I dont think Iowa has been down by two scores, 9+ points, all year iirc. Anyway, the defense is holding strong and then the offense has been getting the first score.

They know making mistakes and turnovers is how to get behind Iowa and lose.
Then they should keep f***ing doing that........

I dont think Iowa has been down by two scores, 9+ points, all year iirc.
Yes, I agree. The Penn State game should be stricken from the record and wiped from the memories of anyone in charge of the conference. We are 9-1 and West division champs, and should be undefeated if not for the Goofer game.

He should have been pissed.
After watching IU a couple times this year I thought their DBackfield was their strength.... And it was

Now it's Sorsby. He can play.

Yes, they just seem even more finely tuned right now.

I swear, as fans we are completely spoiled by our defense - been top 10 caliber for 3+ years now.

We don’t have enough Offense to be overly confident against pretty much anyone.

Hopefully, this will be like most of our games this year and be low scoring. Our secondary will need to be sound.

They are really thin at RB currently, with Reggie Love getting most of the carries last week.

On Offense, it will be the same recipe, do enough to win. The Illini have a couple of real good DL, so it may be tough sledding for the run game.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
We don’t have enough Offense to be overly confident against pretty much anyone.

Hopefully, this will be like most of our games this year and be low scoring. Our secondary will need to be sound.

They are really thin at RB currently, with Reggie Love getting most of the carries last week.

On Offense, it will be the same recipe, do enough to win. The Illini have a couple of real good DL, so it may be tough sledding for the run game.
I agree their passing offense is pretty good. Also, Bielma really plays Iowa tough.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Kinnick crowd will be beyond electric. Illinois had better be ready for some noise. 2:30 game now so fans will be juiced.
will be much different for their new golden boy qb than playing Indiana at home. Iowa needs to get a lead and then the crowd will take over!
Vegas opens as Iowa, -3.5
And Bert hasn’t been there yet as Illinois coach. He had covid in 2021 and stayed home. East side fans you know what to do.

Tonight I went back and watched some of the Illinois games. What I take from their games is that there are a lot of holes and deficiencies that can be exploited. Overall their tackling is atrocious, like literally it is optional. Second, their secondary is usually out of position, undersized and are terrible tacklers. I think they are really weak at linebacker. Their d-line looks to be ok, but not world-beaters and they do not have elite speed on the edge. Traps and counters are going to be very effective and I think any 3 of our backs can break one because if they get into the secondary I take that matchup.

Special teams it appears that neither their punter or place-kicker are anything above average. We win field position there.

Offensively Illinois has a couple of pieces with speed and their QB has some escapability and pocket awareness. But, he has not faced a zone defense like this and he will not have the windows like he has had either. I think he throws some picks because I think we will continually put him in 3rd down and long situations.

Overall I do not see Illinois having the discipline and fortitude to match Iowa's intensity, attention to detail and commitment to a plan. They make way too many mistakes on both sides of the ball and we all know that sometimes, oftentimes that only one mistake will lead to the opponents demise.

I myself was worried about this game as I saw the points that Illinois was putting up and that they had some momentum, but after watching the some video of them I feel much much better because them playing well has much more to do with their opponents being absolutely terrible than them being good. I think we continue our great play and lay it on them.

Iowa will have to do a good job spying on their QB. He is a good runner but can actually throw on the run and is good at keeping the play alive. He seems to have a great connection with WR Washington. I don't think they will be able to run the ball on Iowa.

Iowa will have to do a good job spying on their QB. He is a good runner but can actually throw on the run and is good at keeping the play alive. He seems to have a great connection with WR Washington. I don't think they will be able to run the ball on Iowa.

Am glad we at least have a full game of tape on him; would be more nervous if we’d had just the one drive vs Minnesota.

Is altmeyer for sure out? I admittedly haven’t followed their injury report.

Will it be Paddock or Altmyer??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT