ADVERTISEMENT

Who has a good scouting report on ILLinois? They are scoring pts

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
ILLinois' offense has been moving the ball and scoring a lot. But Rutgers came in averaging 28 pts a game. We know Iowa just has a great defense. But our defense isnt taking many chances in the 2ndary because they know getting beat for a TD could mean a loss.

but ILLinois giving up a lot of points.

What is the real skinny on Illinois offense and defense?

Reactions: hawkdave007
I think Illinois beats us in Kinnick & we win in Lincoln.
Indiana is soft as a baby’s bottom. Cmon boys. Though it’s hard to believe our defense is actually getting better, especially when we don’t go 3 and out 8 out of 10 series’s on offense. I think if Deacon doesn’t turn it over (please) and we can run and play action like we did today we win a close one 14-9, 17-10 something like that. They’re not passing 200 yards against us.

I'm worried enough about everything. There's seemingly no way we can blow this lead and here I am feeling really uneasy. Hopefully we see the offense keep doing well.

Reactions: Tom Paris
They look to have a QB capable of making plays outside the pocket and they have a receiver we are going to have to plan for, he can be a problem.

Bret knows how to beat Iowa.

Other than that I don't know anything else about them.

The biggest concern with Ill-annoy is the golden boy QB who's stepped in. The kid has some magic. We have to shut it down.

Our D seems to have improved recently, not sure how, but they have.

If Deacon keeps it slowed down like he started to in Q3 we're in good shape.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I predict pain for Illinois quarterback
Kinnick crowd will be beyond electric. Illinois had better be ready for some noise. 2:30 game now so fans will be juiced.
will be much different for their new golden boy qb than playing Indiana at home. Iowa needs to get a lead and then the crowd will take over!
Vegas opens as Iowa, -3.5

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Indiana is soft as a baby’s bottom. Cmon boys. Though it’s hard to believe our defense is actually getting better, especially when we don’t go 3 and out 8 out of 10 series’s on offense. I think if Deacon doesn’t turn it over (please) and we can run and play action like we did today we win a close one 14-9, 17-10 something like that. They’re not passing 200 yards against us.
This. Indiana's secondary was constantly having blown assignments. After the game Allen was fit to be tied with their poor secondary play. Look for at least 1 pick by "the doughboys" on Saturday.

Their backup QB has come in and certainly made a case that he should have been the starter.

He can elude the rush and extend plays.

We will need to be at our best Defensively, because we can’t trade scoring drives with them.
Williams could have a david bell type of day if phil stays with his man/man on him.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
This. Indiana's secondary was constantly having blown assignments. After the game Allen was fit to be tied with their poor secondary play. Look for at least 1 pick by "the doughboys" on Saturday.
He should have been pissed.
After watching IU a couple times this year I thought their DBackfield was their strength.... And it was

Now it's Sorsby. He can play.
Improved recently? D has been top 10 nearly all year, allowing just under 4 yards per play!
Yes, they just seem even more finely tuned right now.

Beside the usual two teams. The Big 10 is at it’s all time worst. Just terrible teams. No wonder they blew it up.
You’re just mad your team turns the ball over once out of every 4 plays and your offensive coordinator continues to call passing plays in the red zone with your 4th string QB. And then you try to come on here and shit on Iowa. We’re not Nebraska. Year in and year out your stupid ass coaches continue to blow games. Don’t lump us in with your shit eating team.

Didn’t Purdue put up 44 on them? 🤪 I know the announcers said during their Indy game that the tackling was horrible for both teams…something Iowa will not provide them on Sat.😉

All I want is for teams to stop being pus***s and get back to turning the ball over against Iowa.

Yesterday was a nice start with the Schulte pick, but that's starting to feel like pulling teeth as well because of how overly safe teams are trying to play against us.

Just give us the damn ball and stop pussyfooting against our defense, and take your L so we fans can stick with complaining about our offensive woes.

Thanks in advance, our remaining opponents, you f***ing a**holes.

NW had 7 points last week vs Iowa’s D they had 24 in first half today.
Hey man, I'm with you, Iowa's defense is excellent. I watched the Illinois game tape and while Indiana's defense is pedestrian at best, Paddock's throws were right on the money. The Hawks will need to get pressure. Isaiah Williams is solid - a David Bell type WR custom made to exploit a saggy bend-don't-break strategy. I'm probably overthinking it, maybe not.

Big big big boy Bilelmia or whatever loves to beat Iowa. Illini are not any good so it will be a real close game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT