ADVERTISEMENT

Why get upset?

Not mad....just disappointed.

Someday we'll get a new coach... Maybe next decade.

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don't get upset anymore. My apathy is real.

I had the game on for some time earlier. I missed much of the first half, and was watching the 2nd half since it was a close game, but turned it off mid way 2nd half because it just was not enjoyable to watch what was going on. Our guys were turning the ball over, Wisconsin scoring at will, yada yada.

I anticipate this apathy more and more until something turns around, or a coaching change is made. Even if its the latter - it depends on who the next guy is. It may not be enough for me to immediately shed my apathy unless it's clearly a home run hire.

It's getting tough to watch. I still feel like there's some good things in this team and they could always turn it around.

But it starts with Pat not starting and the 3 other guards playing more. Bowen, Harding, and Dix combined for 34 minutes. Dembele is only a freshman and it appears there's growing pains, but if he can turn into a legit backup for Krikke things will improve. But I don't see much of that happening with Fran this season. He's at least made the right call starting Freeman.

Apathy set in for me when the last Garza-Murray team got bounced early from the NCAA tournament, as they always have under Fran. I can honestly say I haven’t watched more than 5 men’s basketball games since then. Haven’t watched a single one this year. Just don’t care anymore.

It's getting tough to watch. I still feel like there's some good things in this team and they could always turn it around.

But it starts with Pat not starting and the 3 other guards playing more. Bowen, Harding, and Dix combined for 34 minutes. Dembele is only a freshman and it appears there's growing pains, but if he can turn into a legit backup for Krikke things will improve. But I don't see much of that happening with Fran this season. He's at least made the right call starting Freeman.
Exactly how I'm thinking. You need Bowen and Harding splitting minutes at the point. Let Perkings stay in as long as he can, and spot him with Dix. I did like seeing Freeman getting 38 minutes. He plays well. Spot him when he needs a blow with Brauns.

Don’t care about bball until the tourney.
Ditto - but then it is only to watch other programs play for a few weeks..... I know they have choked away their #1 seeds of late, but the Illinois hoops program is light years ahead of Iowa and its not even close. Both in fan atmosphere/support and recruiting athletic H.S. players... ;) Yeah, I know their state is loaded - but Raveling seemed to find away to bring in studs from neighboring states back in the day.....

Reactions: GOHOX69
McCabe was way freaking better than McCaffrey.

Patrick is one of the worst Hawkeye players (that plays a lot) all-time.

Worley, Oglesby level. Maybe worse.
Way worse than Worley and even Oglesby too.

There's no one to compare him too because no one like him has ever played big minutes before.

If his dad wasn't the coach he would have transferred to a lower level along time ago.

I'm trying to think of some terrible Lick players but having trouble remembering.

I'd argue this team needs a McCabe. Someone who gives full effort on D and will beat the sh!t out of you just because it's Tuesday.
Yeah, I don't think you could come up with two more opposite attitudes to the game than Patrick and Zach McCabe.

McCabe would have hip tossed that Wisconsin player on his ass that just took the ball from Patrick like he was a child.

I still watch every game. Starting PM and playing the minutes he makes Fran look extremely foolish. Iowa has one chance of turning this season around and it involves not playing PM.
Freeman
Krikke
Sandfort
Perkins
Bowen or Harding

Brauns in for Freeman and Krikke
Dix for Perkins and Sandfort

Maybe a few minutes for Dembele

Way worse than Worley and even Oglesby too.

There's no one to compare him too because no one like him has ever played big minutes before.

If his dad wasn't the coach he would have transferred to a lower level along time ago.

I'm trying to think of some terrible Lick players but having trouble remembering.
LIL' Lick

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Patrick is not a starter in a Power conf program where his dad is not a coach. I can’t watch in a large part because of this. Their losing is very predictable. I nailed last nite’s outcome with the exception of Fran getting tossed. I think PM should go to his dad and say I don’t want to start. It’s painful to watch yet another mens program slowly go south because of nepotism. Can’t and won’t watch them.

Seems we are all looking forward to next season at this point. No more nepotism in FB and BB. Pretty pathetic how obvious this sh*t is at a major B1G University.

Highschool level coaches kid BS that is going on with the Hawks
LetsGoHawks83 - I'm not sure I agree with that. Isn't Patrick able (and thus likely to) apply to come back for a 6th season. I'm not saying ANYONE wants that but I think that's in the cards. Maybe I'm off.. (scratch that - we already know that)

• Angry
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I watch most games...not all. Usually with an apathetic or disinterested demeanor. I want them to win, sure, but not the least upset or even disappointed if they don't. I just don't care anymore. I'm weary of the same mistakes and lack of defense year after year.

I never used to be this way, but Fran has worn me downl

I'm mad because I have been waiting since 1987 for a legit tourney team and I already know Frans ceiling.

I'm ready to move on. I have never understood the identity of his teams.
The 1986-87 team made me the fan I am today, and great memories of BJ, Roy and Ed, but to be brutally honest, I'm kind of tired of talking about those late 80s teams. Why? Because I'm ready for a 21st century Iowa team to give me some great tournament memories to reminisce about.

There's only so long one can stand to live in the 1980s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT