ADVERTISEMENT

Why put up with PSU posters here

bbwretler

HR MVP
Feb 11, 2012
It would seem that although winning, psu still seems to have a deep fasination with the Iowa Hawkeyes. Twice as many psu posters on the Hawkeye site as all the other D1 wrestling school's followers combined. They come here with their defensive and combative posts and we indulge them. Not sure if it's just the moth being drawn to the flame or if their site is just that "bad and boring". Never been on their site so really couldn't say. As long as they come it is appearant that they remain fixated on Hawkeye wrestling. Perhaps if we fail to indulge them with any responses they might find their own site more appealing.

They are the middle child of fan bases with Okie St and Iowa being the clear 1 and 2 programs of all time. The majority of their online fans would rather be petty sore winners clamoring for attention rather than just enjoy their time in the sun. That said they do have a decent board of their own with some really good posters. Roar over at bwi is probably the best poster I've seen anywhere.

Or perhaps you could not start a thread calling attention to them.
So very sorry..hopefully you are a ps poster. If not perhaps I need to reconsider posting here at all. Let's just keep the long time ps posters and eliminate the hawkeye posters who are not within the clique.

I pity them for supporting administrations that turn a blind eye on pedophilia and portraying themselves as the victim. No number of wins or championships in any sport will erase the loathing the rest of the world has when hearing or thinking about that institution.

I agree to a certain degree. However, some are at least semi-objective. And they are the top dogs right now. In complete contrast, the majority of ISU fans posting on the football boards are totally clueless, combative and have never won anything ever (especially football where they are a historic bottom 10 in the country program).

Most of the PSU posters aren't bad at all.. Most of it is just good ole' fashioned ribbing that a lot of Iowans take too seriously.. They're kicking our @sses right now. Best way to stop it is by reversing that trend... Just win baby..
Got you...i'm gone. BTW...If he get's admitted, Lugo, will be a Hawk, no matter what your esteemed psu posters or pyles says,

So very sorry..hopefully you are a ps poster. If not perhaps I need to reconsider posting here at all. Let's just keep the long time ps posters and eliminate the hawkeye posters who are not within the clique.

Ignoring them means not mentioning them at all or feeding them with anything, yet you start a thread calling attention to them and giving them more ammunition and reason to respond. It just seems counterproductive, don't get all bent out of shape.

I pity them for supporting administrations that turn a blind eye on pedophilia and portraying themselves as the victim. No number of wins or championships in any sport will erase the loathing the rest of the world has when hearing or thinking about that institution.
Their 2017 wrestling team has nothing to do with what Sandusky did. Good god people

Damn….. Don't let the door hittcha…

You should get a computer with the ignore feature. :rolleyes:
Done more for this program than you have so shut tfu
Damn….. Don't let the door hittcha…

You should get a computer with the ignore feature. :rolleyes:
have done a lot more for this prgram that you most likely, but hate to say anything that this tight club does not condone. Lose a lot of true hawkeye supporters that way.

The ignore button is a wonderful feature, especially anytime Flying Tiger comes around.
The OP has a good point.

The ignore button is the way to go. As I've said a million times, if we all use it, this issue goes away.

That's not to say there aren't reasonable and very courteous PSU fans who visit this board. They're easy to identify, as they're so few and far between.

I do agree that engaging the knuckleheads is highly counterproductive, but it's a free country and fans will do as they please. I'd just like to see Hawk fans staying positive and focusing on what we can do to help put the Hawks back on top. After all, that's the objective.

The OP has a good point.

The ignore button is the way to go. As I've said a million times, if we all use it, this issue goes away.

That's not to say there aren't reasonable and very courteous PSU fans who visit this board. They're easy to identify, as they're so few and far between.

I do agree that engaging the knuckleheads is highly counterproductive, but it's a free country and fans will do as they please. I'd just like to see Hawk fans staying positive and focusing on what we can do to help put the Hawks back on top. After all, that's the objective.
By all means let's be nice to the "quality" ps posters. How much have they conributed so far?

The OP has a good point.

LOL I think its kind of ironic that the OP is the one I'm putting on ignore this morning, based on comments he/she has been making concerning posters she/he finds irritating. :D

By all means let's be nice to the "quality" ps posters. How much have they conributed so far?

What is happening in this thread? You don't like the PSU posters. Others are generally OK with them. None of us own this message board so it really doesn't matter. This board has no direct affiliation with the wrestling team or club. What one does or doesn't donate to the program is irrelevant.

What is happening in this thread? You don't like the PSU posters. Others are generally OK with them. None of us own this message board so it really doesn't matter. This board has no direct affiliation with the wrestling team or club. What one does or doesn't donate to the program is irrelevant.
Good question. I made a comment about why so many ps supporters post on a Hawkeye thread instead of on their own. Which evidentally was not taken well by their friends here. My mistake it would seem...but since it also seems that in doing so I am the one who was takento task and put on ignore. Maybe I know, or think I know too much and therefore, am not as tolerent of their defensive and combative posts. Again my mistake! No more threads no more posts.

Good question. I made a comment about why so many ps supporters post on a Hawkeye thread instead of on their own. Which evidentally was not taken well by their friends here. My mistake it would seem...but since it also seems that in doing so I am the one who was takento task and put on ignore. Maybe I know, or think I know too much and therefore, am not as tolerent of their defensive and combative posts. Again my mistake! No more threads no more posts.

You do seem to have incredibly thin skin. I will say that. Someone said you could just ignore them and you jumped right into a rant about leaving the board. Reminded myself of me as a 10 year old. Always took my ball and went home when things didn't go my way.

You do seem to have incredibly thin skin. I will say that. Someone said you could just ignore them and you jumped right into a rant about leaving the board. Reminded myself of me as a 10 year old. Always took my ball and went home when things didn't go my way.

Spooner - always there with open arms and a sympathetic ear.

Mr Spooner, You do not know anything about me so do not assume you know who I am or what I would do. In fact instead of going home I would just make sure I beat you. I certainly would never side with an opponent over my own.

I have a hard time believing you ever just took your ball and gone home...

Mr Spooner, You do not know anything about me so do not assume you know who I am or what I would do. In fact instead of going home I would just make sure I beat you. I certainly would never side with an opponent over my own.

There is no assuming anything. What I described is on full display in this thread. Maybe you're just having a bad day, which we all have.

I don't blame them for reading on this board and/or posting on this board for two reasons:

1. This is the most insightful wrestling discussion board there is. For those PSU posters who want to talk wrestling, Iowans love the sport and could talk wrestling with anyone who wants to talk wrestling.

2. And for the PSU trolls who post here it's usually not too hard to get someone to engage.

bb, make no mistake -- the majority on here share your opinion on this subject, myself included. There are some very decent PSU fans that visit, but you might be able to count them on one hand.

We had a collie once that couldn't stop trying to herd kids on the playground. Just couldn't stop...

We had a collie once that couldn't stop trying to herd kids on the playground. Just couldn't stop...
Your point being??? Don't have any thoughts or opinions of your own and allow yourself and to be hearded by the others? Just forget the entire thing. Don't have a ball to take home so not really a problem. It's enough that some of the people on this site know me and know that the comments here are unfounded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT