ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s World Cup- United States v. England

Anything more than a handful is a waste.
I would disagree with this statement. Exhibit A
57267803_416870032197829_5206777879809477262_n.jpg

Can’t get past the idea that USA vs England really was the final, for all intents and purposes. The Netherlands are not Japan 2011, or even 2015. In fact, the only ones that good might have been Japan 2019. The Netherlands probably would have lost that quarterfinal if it not for the worst handball call in the VAR era.

But the defending European Champions vs the defending World Champions will be a good storyline (if I don’t jinx it).

Can’t get past the idea that USA vs England really was the final, for all intents and purposes. The Netherlands are not Japan 2011, or even 2015. In fact, the only ones that good might have been Japan 2019. The Netherlands probably would have lost that quarterfinal if it not for the worst handball call in the VAR era.

But the defending European Champions vs the defending World Champions will be a good storyline (if I don’t jinx it).
So France vs US was the Final?

I can’t see the US winning by less than two goals. I truly think France and England are both significantly better than the Dutch.

the dutch beat england in the euro championships, they are better than you think.

The Netherlands vs Denmark in the Women’s Euro 2017 Final was the most entertaining women’s game I have ever seen. They have heart and confidence, but I still think the US win 3-1.

Reactions: dgordo
Covered this in another thread. Just proves to be elite, you have to have honies in the squad...

The English may have the hottest player in Toni Duggan, but the Netherlands may win for overall quality...

Lieke Mertens
ANP-52589501.jpg

Danielle Van de Donk
image.jpg

Dominique Bloodworth (American husband)
181005LLU7052.jpg

Danique Kirkdijk
248022.jpg

And my favorite (for two big reasons), Victoria Pelova:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT