ADVERTISEMENT

149-184

Iowa's AD is a woman, so either
  • Not very chivalrous (to say the least); or,
  • You are referring to another Iowa Wrestling decision-maker
Which might it be?
In this day and age, this so called women, might be a man? In any case, it is a term used to reference a "beat down, ass whooping, butt kicking etc...... I am NOT here to right a college thesis for GOD sake!!!!
It doesn't matter to Ironbird. Someone is getting crotch punted.
YES!!!! TY
But @IRONBIRD wants to be called 'SIR IRON' by PSU fans. Surely 'Sir' implies some sort of chivalry.
NO, sir implies R E S P E C T to their superior!!!
No Penn State fans are nervous, LOL. If Anthony is 149 and AJ 197 vs Penn State this year, both will lose.
I will GLADLY take that bet!!!!!
Or it just exemplifies the delusions of a deranged man / fanatic who’s become a bit of character on this board and now it appears, another.

Anyone that consistently comes up with new monikers while waxing poetic, long soliloquy’s, about the great “Krailure” and the psu program, (among other things) while using all caps in random intervals, perhaps should not be taken literally. Iron man does not to seem to be a person that thinks a great deal before his fingers fly. He writes what he feels and not necessarily what he means.
blah blah BLAH blah BLAHHHHH ONLY good thing you wrote was " IRON MAN!!!!" That is acceptable!!!

Reactions: 504hawk
In this day and age, this so called women, might be a man? In any case, it is a term used to reference a "beat down, ass whooping, butt kicking etc...... I am NOT here to right a college thesis for GOD sake!!!!

YES!!!! TY

NO, sir implies R E S P E C T to their superior!!!

I will GLADLY take that bet!!!!!

blah blah BLAH blah BLAHHHHH ONLY good thing you wrote was " IRON MAN!!!!" That is acceptable!!!
It was a compliment in a way. I like you for what you offer, and I know that whatever you wrote is exactly how you feel. I think you’re authentically honest to yourself. You might be a little crazy but as far as I can tell that isn’t a detriment in the cesspool. Keep being you Iron man!

Last edited:
It was a compliment in a way. I like you for what you offer, and I know that whatever you wrote is exactly how you feel. I think you’re authentically honest to yourself. You might be a littler crazy but as far as I can tell that isn’t a detriment in the cesspool. Keep being you Iron man!
Thank you again, yes in the end it is all in good fun. Bunch of old or former wrestlers rooting on their teams in the GREATEST sport there is and ever will be. We certainly will not agree on everything, but what fun would it be if we did right?

I know there was some discussion around AJ 197 or 285 but has there been anything more about him to 285? The tweet mentions 197 but nothing more.
If AJ ends up on the team I feel he’s needed at HWT more than 97. I feel like a Glazier/AJ combo scores more than a AJ/Hill. It may not score a ton more points but I feel like AJ’s points would be about the same at either weight and Glazier has a better chance than Hill at scoring a few points.

Reactions: Spoons
If AJ ends up on the team I feel he’s needed at HWT more than 97. I feel like a Glazier/AJ combo scores more than a AJ/Hill. It may not score a ton more points but I feel like AJ’s points would be about the same at either weight and Glazier has a better chance than Hill at scoring a few points.
Whos AJ have a better chance of beating? Brooks or stevsen?

I’d say his chance of beating Brooks is higher. I don’t know maybe it is more beneficial to have him at 97 🤷. I could see him anywhere 1-4 at 97 where at hwt I don’t see him beating Gable, Kerk, or Hendrickson and I’d say it’s a toss up with Bastida, Davidson, Shultz, and Elam. So I could see him anywhere from 4-8 at hwt.

I would like to see Glazier against some top 10 guys yet this year to see how he does. If he can compete with those guys I’ll stick with my statement of AJ at HWT and Glazier at 97. If he is getting blown outta the water by those guys then I guess he’s not scoring any more points than Hill would at nationals so I’d have Aj go 97 since I believe he can place higher there.

In an interview this pre-season Nelson said he has another year if he wants it and said he was going to take it. If he comes back the Hawks will have to decide, does he go 174 and Gabe redshirts (assuming his shirt gets pulled this year)? Does he bulk up and go 184 and redshirt Angelo with Gabe at 174. Does Nelson bulk up, wrestle 184, Gabe red shirts and Angelo wrestles 174? Good problems to have. 3 very good options
Can we just get taller upper weights in the future so we don’t run into this problem?

I’d say his chance of beating Brooks is higher. I don’t know maybe it is more beneficial to have him at 97 🤷. I could see him anywhere 1-4 at 97 where at hwt I don’t see him beating Gable, Kerk, or Hendrickson and I’d say it’s a toss up with Bastida, Davidson, Shultz, and Elam. So I could see him anywhere from 4-8 at hwt.

I would like to see Glazier against some top 10 guys yet this year to see how he does. If he can compete with those guys I’ll stick with my statement of AJ at HWT and Glazier at 97. If he is getting blown outta the water by those guys then I guess he’s not scoring any more points than Hill would at nationals so I’d have Aj go 97 since I believe he can place higher there.
The decision on where AJ goes must have been made by now. He either has been managing his weight for the cut to 197 or he has been eating and lifting for heavy. Moving him around mid season would be very risky, imo.

The decision on where AJ goes must have been made by now. He either has been managing his weight for the cut to 197 or he has been eating and lifting for heavy. Moving him around mid season would be very risky, imo.
I would agree that I hope there’s been a plan in place, however from the outside looking in it appears there’s not a plan sometimes and its bitten us in the ass.

I didn't get that comment at first either with Van Ness out for the season however he may have based that on the fact PSU is going after Gomez for second semester at 149.
Is this true? I thought someone said portal guys could not come in a semester. Maybe if they are a graduate transfer they can. I thought he was going to Michigan. Interesting if true. If true I would say breaking the scoring record is still very possible.

149 have more competition than we expected? The flex after the match, and then the bull and young joking he was flexing at someone in the crowd. The salute might be something to watch after all.

Reactions: TarpHawk and zoe22
149 have more competition than we expected? The flex after the match, and then the bull and young joking he was flexing at someone in the crowd. The salute might be something to watch after all.

I don’t know what you mean. It’s completely expected that Anthony Ferrari will be at 149.

I don’t know what you mean. It’s completely expected that Anthony Ferrari will be at 149.
Yes that’s what I expect, but rathjen looked dam good last night. I was just saying, maybe rathjen isn’t quite on board with that scenario.

Reactions: sdvike
I would agree that I hope there’s been a plan in place, however from the outside looking in it appears there’s not a plan sometimes and its bitten us in the ass.
I’m sure the plan is AJ at 197. He makes it clear he’s planning on 3 more championships. Brooks and Hilday will be a huge challenge, but nobody is beating Kerk other than Gable . The other best 5 heavyweights are big athletic guys also.

Reactions: tiltman and el dub
Yes that’s what I expect, but rathjen looked dam good last night. I was just saying, maybe rathjen isn’t quite on board with that scenario.

I still don’t know what you mean. He’s not on board with Ferrari joining the program?

I guess all I meant from my previous post is that it’s known Ferrari is joining the team and will compete with VV and Rathjen for the starting spot at 149. It’s totally been expected. Not a new thing.

I still don’t know what you mean. He’s not on board with Ferrari joining the program?

I guess all I meant from my previous post is that it’s known Ferrari is joining the team and will compete with VV and Rathjen for the starting spot at 149. It’s totally been expected. Not a new thing.
Duma$$.

If you heard Alex and young on the broadcast they were the ones that pointed it out that he was possibly flexing at someone in the crowd. They’re in the room so idk maybe they’d know something, just saying it was odd hearing 2 hawks making that comment so openly.

It seems that there are multiple options for all weights except 184. Maybe there is an appeal out there for Brands or Assad (even though Abe's mom posted his college career is over, one can still hope).

It seems that there are multiple options for all weights except 184. Maybe there is an appeal out there for Brands or Assad (even though Abe's mom posted his college career is over, one can still hope).

We had multiple until the late suspension of Swafford. Now we just have the one but it looks like we will not be electing to use it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT