ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Championships Session I Thread

I mean are we going to ignore Cobe's giant shoulder brace? I think if he were healthier, he was in on some decent shots in the 3rd and just couldn't pull him in
THIS...... Cobe has not been the same since the shoulder injury... Before the injury he was the best scrapper on the team. I am not giving up on him. He is clearly hurt...

Anyone happy with what we put on the mat at 133 and 157 this year is content with not contending.
Cobe, right now, isn't strong enough to wrestle 157. Depending on where Chittum decides to go, this might be the last we ever see of CS.

I mean are we going to ignore Cobe's giant shoulder brace? I think if he were healthier, he was in on some decent shots in the 3rd and just couldn't pull him in
Even a healthy Cobe struggles to finish those shots.
I like watching his as much as the next because he's not afraid to try the impossible. But he needs to develop a regular offense to contend for the podium in March.
Otherwise this will continue.

now we're wrestling his match. stop rolling around that's how you got beat last year

there we go!

ref missed a side headlock count on PK there. somebody get these guys some coffee so they wake up

Siebrecht is plenty strong enough for the weight fellas. Before the shoulder injury he wasn’t losing a single position to anyone solely due to strength or lack there of.

Simply put, shoulder injuries are particularly debilitating to wrestlers. This is even more true to someone with a wide open style like COBE’s. His best positions almost all depend on leverage and the should seriously limits that for him…

Now Teske on the other hand…he is a pure scrapper that ran into another pure scrapper that just so happens to be as strong and physical as DeSanto was. NOT a good matchup whatsoever.

Maybe it's just me, but with the Okie State struggles and Fix graduating... I think Smith resigns after Nattys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT