ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

Well, I guess we get a shot at Duke this year and who knows who we might face in the Gavitt Games and the ACC/B1G Challenge? Might open some eyes if we swept these depending who we draw.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Another 2023 offer to a 6’6” SF. Are the younger Sandfort chances slipping away or do these kids offered have more positional flexibility than it looks. Just curious.

The orig post is updated.

Iowa is now up to 27 offers.

There was one Iowa offer that did not make any noise. Rivals is now showing that Iowa offered Onyekachi Nzeh (Kachi Nzeh) on Sep 27, 2021. He was the 19th offer Fran has given out for the 2023 class.

Rivals shows him with 15 offers, including Iowa, Illinois, Maryland, Penn State, Creighton, Miami (FL), VCU, Temple, TCU, St Joseph's, Siena, New Mexico State, Hofstra, Bryant and La Salle

Check this out & Watch:

Another 2023 offer to a 6’6” SF. Are the younger Sandfort chances slipping away or do these kids offered have more positional flexibility than it looks. Just curious.

I would be shocked if Pryce does not commit to Iowa.

The 2023 class is likely to have at least 5 players:

* Owen Freeman
* 3 scholarships currently open
* 1 more scholarship probably open if Kris leaves early for the NBA

Harding looks great on tape but am still puzzled with his lack of offers. Is it possible his listed height at 6’0” is inflated ?

Harding looks great on tape but am still puzzled with his lack of offers. Is it possible his listed height at 6’0” is inflated ?
If I had to guess, I would say he looks closer to 5-10. It also doesn’t help his recruitment that he has such a slight build. If the kid was a legit 6-0 and 170, I think he would have offers from at least half the Big Ten.

Definitely. I’ve seen him play. Very talented but only about 5-10.

Definitely. I’ve seen him play. Very talented but only about 5-10.
Who effing cares, the kid can not only distribute the rock but he knows how to fill it up also. A once in a lifetime talent, the best player Moline has ever had before maybe Owen transferring. To be determined!
As I've said it's too bad he's looked upon with Bohannan's syndrome.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
Who effing cares, the kid can not only distribute the rock but he knows how to fill it up also. A once in a lifetime talent, the best player Moline has ever had before maybe Owen transferring. To be determined!
As I've said it's too bad he's looked upon with Bohannan's syndrome.
That kid for Richmond was about 5'9'' and he gave us fits all game. He was the difference maker in the game!

That kid for Richmond was about 5'9'' and he gave us fits all game. He was the difference maker in the game!
Thank you, as a voice of reason, everyone associated with Iowa basketball has had there vison and mind clouded by the likes of Jordan and or Joe with whom they were both perceived as lacking in one or many area's of the game. With Jordan he was skewered for almost his entire career for not playing defense. Joe for not managing the game better, being out of control and having little offense. Right or wrong this perception is hindering the positive thoughts from some of the members on here from seeing the true skills that this young man has even before his senior year in high school.
I understand the apprehensions that some on here have with Brock, but here's hoping that the Iowa coaching staff comes to the realization that Brock can indeed make a huge impact at Iowa and offers him a scholarship. Whether he accepts it or not that's up to debate, since his family has ties to the University of Illinois, but on merit alone he deserved to be offered. I've stated my case, I will speak no more on this subject as he should be allowed to do his talking on the court.

Last edited:
This weekend is a live recruiting weekend. Most top prospects are either playing with their high school team in an event or with a state "all-star" team. Here are the following area events that Iowa coaches could be in attendance:

MBCA Midwest Showcase in Kansas City: Pryce Sandfort, Jack McCaffery, Caden Wilkins, Curtis Stinson Jr, Drew Kingery, Acie Earl, Dallas Bear (All Iowa kids)
All Star teams from MO, OK, NE, and KS also in attendance.

Midwest Crossroads Showcase in Normal, IL: Owen Freeman, Brock Harding, Cooper Koch, Ty Pence, Braden Freeman. All playing with their high school teams.

2022 Summer Shootout in Illinois: Asa Thomas, Cam Christie, James Brown, Nojus Indrusaitis. High school teams. An Iowa coach is registered to attend per the event's Twitter.

MNBCA Showcase in Minnesota: Taison Chatman, Boden Kapke, Jack Robison, Isaac Asuma. An Iowa coach is registered to attend per the event's Twitter. MN, SD, ND All-Stars.

IBCA Top 100 Showcase in Indiana: Xavier Booker, JQ Roberts, Joey Hart, Flory Bidunga, Garway Dual

This weekend is a live recruiting weekend. Most top prospects are either playing with their high school team in an event or with a state "all-star" team. Here are the following area events that Iowa coaches could be in attendance:

2022 Summer Shootout in Illinois: Asa Thomas, Cam Christie, James Brown, Nojus Indrusaitis. High school teams. An Iowa coach is registered to attend per the event's Twitter.
Asa Thomas dropped 33 points this morning on Indrusaitis' team. Eldridge is the coach at this event per Ked Prince.

Fran & Gatens are in Normal, IL to watch Freeman, Harding, Koch.

Sherm is at the Minnesota Showcase event.

Last edited:

Video highlights of Freeman and Harding from a local news station. Fran is spotted in the background chatting with Cooper Koch and Matt Gatens at one point.

Joe is the Editor/Publisher of the City/Suburban Hoops Report in Chicago. He is also a Chicago Sun-Times contributor.

To me, if Harding looks like he could shoot 38% or better from the college 3, I’d take him, but if he’s closer to 33% I might not because that’s what would set up his dribble penetration we see in all these AAU vids. Liked his one legged step back mid-range but in college that’s a low efficiency shot only used late in a shot clock.

To me, if Harding looks like he could shoot 38% or better from the college 3, I’d take him, but if he’s closer to 33% I might not because that’s what would set up his dribble penetration we see in all these AAU vids. Liked his one legged step back mid-range but in college that’s a low efficiency shot only used late in a shot clock.
How many times did the clock run out last year and we had to take this shot? And often missed. So if we had someone running the point that could make this it would help a lot.

Iowa offered Carey Booth on Apr 9, 2022. Carey is the son of former Penn State player (1996-99) & current Nuggets GM (since 2020) Calvin Booth. Calvin was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 1998 and played 10 years in the NBA.

Last edited:
Taylor Bowen, Carey Booth and TJ Power are all having a good day. All 3 have Iowa offers.

Reminders on TJ:

* TJ officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021 (Iowa was the 1st school he visited).

* Can Coach Eldridge reel him in? The connection: TJ (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
Can
Taylor Bowen, Carey Booth and TJ Power are all having a good day. All 3 have Iowa offers.

Reminders on TJ:

* TJ officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021 (Iowa was the 1st school he visited).

* Can Coach Eldridge reel him in? The connection: TJ (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

Can we get all three of these guys ?

Not much to see here but I like JQ working on his perimeter shot. His feet and form look better than I remember in past videos. Shot looks more fluid / balanced / normal. Hard to say how it translates to the college distance however, so in future videos looking to see if he can shoot that out to 22 feet or so. But progress.

I'm on board with him, would love to get him, even if his outside shot is limited. If he develops one, watch out, because he is REALLY good attacking the basket. I'm assuming he goes to Indiana, but ......

Also saw an article in the last 4 days saying Nebraska has made Pryce a priority, so may be the dark horse in that race.

Thank you, as a voice of reason, everyone associated with Iowa basketball has had there vison and mind clouded by the likes of Jordan and or Joe with whom they were both perceived as lacking in one or many area's of the game. With Jordan he was skewered for almost his entire career for not playing defense. Joe for not managing the game better, being out of control and having little offense. Right or wrong this perception is hindering the positive thoughts from some of the members on here from seeing the true skills that this young man has even before his senior year in high school.
I understand the apprehensions that some on here have with Brock, but here's hoping that the Iowa coaching staff comes to the realization that Brock can indeed make a huge impact at Iowa and offers him a scholarship. Whether he accepts it or not that's up to debate, since his family has ties to the University of Illinois, but on merit alone he deserved to be offered. I've stated my case, I will speak no more on this subject as he should be allowed to do his talking on the court.
Illinois is not recruiting him, at least not hard. They know he can play but are interested in bigger guards. With Skyy Clark, Jayden Epps and Sencere Harris in this year’s class, it’s not likely he will end up at Illinois.

Not much to see here but I like JQ working on his perimeter shot. His feet and form look better than I remember in past videos. Shot looks more fluid / balanced / normal. Hard to say how it translates to the college distance however, so in future videos looking to see if he can shoot that out to 22 feet or so. But progress.

I'm on board with him, would love to get him, even if his outside shot is limited. If he develops one, watch out, because he is REALLY good attacking the basket. I'm assuming he goes to Indiana, but ......

Also saw an article in the last 4 days saying Nebraska has made Pryce a priority, so may be the dark horse in that race.

I think this kid would be a great addition to the team. I also assume that he would jump at an offer from Indiana….so I don’t know what the heck is going on here. No idea why they haven’t offered him…..good size, high level athlete, pretty skilled, and a home state kid for them….he’s one of those that as an Indiana coach you don’t want him going to a conference foe that you have to play against.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman

JQ screenshotted an article from the Indiana Rival's writer. Called him MVP of the day and "easily the best I've seen him shooting behind the arc."

FWIW, Indiana has supposedly offered JQ--they're listed on his Rivals page. However, I don't believe they're prioritizing him. Think TJ Power has become a big priority (Woodson was at multiple games of his this weekend) and they're also after Andrej Stojakovic (Peja's son), and Jamie Kaiser. All 3 of those guys are excellent 3 point shooting wings.

Can't quite figure out how much Iowa is even pushing for JQ at this point. Never did hear if a coach ended up at the Indiana event on Saturday. Fran & Eldridge were in CT, Gatens was in Kansas City and I believe Sherm went to the big "Section 7" event in Arizona after he was in Minnesota Friday. JQ's also not exactly blowing it up with tons of interest at the current moment--his only new offer this spring has been Evansville.

...but ......

You really think that Pryce Sandfort would spurn his homestate Hawkeyes for NEBRASKA??? Why?!?!?

Oh, and was that article written by a nebby homer? 🙂

You really think that Pryce Sandfort would spurn his homestate Hawkeyes for NEBRASKA??? Why?!?!?

Oh, and was that article written by a nebby homer? 🙂
You never know with kids, so if Pryce is returning the attention by committing time to Nebraska, you'd have to say they'd have a punchers chance perhaps. Why? I'm not sure, but I'm not an 18 year old kid :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT