ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

Seen in another post ;):

I like making sure that we remain Tight End U and all........................

........but how's that WR recruiting coming? Gonna win the new Big Ten in 2025 with transfers from South Dakota and 2 star recruits from Gladbrook-Reinbeck and Clarinda?

That'll learn those 4 and 5 star recruits to start coming to Iowa so we can win a national f***ing championship.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I
Seen in another post ;):

I like making sure that we remain Tight End U and all........................

........but how's that WR recruiting coming? Gonna win the new Big Ten in 2025 with transfers from South Dakota and 2 star recruits from Gladbrook-Reinbeck and Clarinda?

That'll learn those 4 and 5 star recruits to start coming to Iowa so we can win a national f***ing championship.
I can assure you there are no 2 stars here, maybe 1.5

How has Hoffman not blown up in rankings? He runs a 4.56 40-time, high points the ball incredibly well and had a more than solid offer list.
His rating will go up..He is poised to have a good year ahead...pretty sure his school had a pretty good wr last year that went to KSU-Andre Davis?.. that shared/took some of the spotlight off of Gavin..that being said, Hoffman still had 11 TD's...his stats will go up and the offensive scheme will put more of a focus on him. People are prolly tired of me saying this, but, this kid has a high ceiling. Very good player and I'm damn glad Iowa got him.

Iowa in one of the 2 power conferences, recruiting need to be more than just 2 and 3 stars.

Iowa landed some important players in the portal, still 48th overall and 10th in the Big Ten per 247.

No longer competing against just the Big 10 West and Iowa State

What do u base your opinion of our recruiting success on?

I’ve always based it on placement at the highest level of their profession just like any other college department or school would, journalism, the medical field, engineering, etc.?

Wouldn’t that make the most sense?

Now I will tell you we’ve had a lot more 5.7-3 stars in the last few classes than we currently have now but many of these kids will bump up as the season progresses and quite frankly considering I believe we have 46 kids currently on NFL rosters and our record over the last 10 years has been in the top 16 winning percentage wise in the country. I’d say that means we’re actually recruiting top 20 to 25 type classe?

Also, we routinely now have kids leave early (every year) and play early, so that tells me Iowa’s greatest strength, and in my mind always has been… Is identifying talent that is erroneously ranked!

And I don’t know how you could find a metric that says differently?!

Iowa in one of the 2 power conferences, recruiting need to be more than just 2 and 3 stars.

Iowa landed some important players in the portal, still 48th overall and 10th in the Big Ten per 247.

No longer competing against just the Big 10 West and Iowa State
Agree. A couple breakout seasons by the offense is most certainly a prerequisite to getting higher-caliber recruits.

Until then, we will remain competitive but lose to most of the upper-echelon programs the majority of the time.

Agree. A couple breakout seasons by the offense is most certainly a prerequisite to getting higher-caliber recruits.

Until then, we will remain competitive but lose to most of the upper-echelon programs the majority of the time.
I would want to go somewhere that would be fair and open and work my ass off to be better. That’d be my criteria.

Reactions: cmhawks99

Let’s be honest our offense and QB play has sucked. Our WR recruiting has always been meh and of late our OL hasn’t developed, but and it’s a BIG but…

There are few teams out there out performing our 2/3*star TEs and defense. Including depth.

So no I’m not overly worried!

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Let’s be honest our offense and QB play has sucked. Our WR recruiting has always been meh and of late our OL hasn’t developed, but and it’s a BIG but…

There are few teams out there out performing our 2/3*star TEs and defense. Including depth.

So no I’m not overly worried!
Sure, but the point is.. we are gonna need higher-caliber recruits if we want to be an even better program on a fairly consistent basis.

As good as our defense is, even they give up quite a bit to many well-oiled offensive programs.

Again, it’s just two different perspectives between someone like you and someone like me: You prefer to focus on all the positives (which is fine), and I like to analyze what needs changed so we can win more games. MORE wins, baby.

Reactions: littlez
Sure, but the point is.. we are gonna need higher-caliber recruits if we want to be an even better program on a fairly consistent basis.

As good as our defense is, even they give up quite a bit to many well-oiled offensive programs.

Again, it’s just two different perspectives between someone like you and someone like me: You prefer to focus on all the positives (which is fine), and I like to analyze what needs changed so we can win more games. MORE wins, baby.

Meh…..I feel starting with what we are poor at belies that statement!

And few teams give up less on defense than us, including the Big boys!

The point remains our recruiting on offense lags behind, but the 2/3 star concern isn’t a concern on defense!

Or even TE!

With 16 commits already in the class, and it being a smaller class. I wonder who is a take an who isn't. I am assuming takes are: Lucas, Godfrey, Chineke, Anderson, and Watson?

Careful now those are fighting words with Karnack. He loves himself some star rankings.
yes I do one thing is certain about the stars. OSU, Alabama and Georgia all end up with top 10 or top 5 recruiting classes and are full of top 100 4* and 5* talent. something IA lacks.

I hate repeating this but IA's will have its best group on paper on offense
QB Gade 4*
RB Kaleb 4*
WR Brown 4*
WR Ragini 3*
TE Lachey 4* by 247 Under Armour AA
TE All 4*
LT Richman 4* by 247
RG Colby 4*
C Jones 4* AA Game starter
RG Feth multiple game starter
RT Palmer multiple game starter,
8 4* starters.
3 3* starters.

now it is a matter of how fast they mess to play as a team. to bad that some of these players will not return for the 2024 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT