ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

Dominating the Mighty Matty in Ames.

The Impact: Vander Zee is the first wide receiver commit for the Hawkeyes in the 2024 class. Vander Zee is an intriguing 6-foot-4, 195-pound wideout with great length, athleticism, and ball skills. He looks like a true X receiver that should also have no issue with adding more mass to his frame. Iowa continues to dominate in-state as the Hawkeyes hold commitments from seven of the top eight prospects on 247Sports in the 2024 class. The Hawkeyes are also in the running for Elmhurst (Ill.) Immaculate Conception three-star wide receiver KJ Parker, who was on campus this past weekend, and Miami (Fla.) Southridge three-star wide receiver Jayquan Reid, who is scheduled to take an official visit to Iowa City in the fall.

Not a problem in general but it’s curious they offered him this early. His offer list, rating and frankly Iowa’s ability to get DB’s historically makes this an uncharacteristic offer at this stage of the game. Typically they’d wait to see how this would play out by signing day.
He recently attended the Iowa elite camp and his performance convinced Parker he deserved a scholly. FWIW, I think I trust one of the best developers of DB talent in the country vs. ratings from football wannabe's.

Paging Mr. Karnack, paging Mr. Karnack.

I won’t mention others by name since some were less absolute in doubting my reasoning.

Vander Zee held offers from both Iowa and Iowa State but ended up picking the Hawkeyes. He will join former Central Lyon teammate Zach Lutmer in Iowa City, and current teammate Graham Eben, who committed to Iowa as a Preferred Walk On Monday.

the next to end up in the NFL could possibly be Schultze a former Walk on.
He runs a 6.7 forty and needs to add quickness but he is a good team player even though ......................wait for it..............................he knows nothing.

OIP.LOTA2Z5tdf7wWw33NVZYhQHaHa

I won’t mention others by name since some were less absolute in doubting my reasoning.

Vander Zee held offers from both Iowa and Iowa State but ended up picking the Hawkeyes. He will join former Central Lyon teammate Zach Lutmer in Iowa City, and current teammate Graham Eben, who committed to Iowa as a Preferred Walk On Monday.
Well, I was wrong.

Will I still be allowed to post on this website if I don’t don’t viciously attack you for proving me wrong?

Reactions: cmhawks99
Well, I was wrong.

Will I still be allowed to post on this website if I don’t don’t viciously attack you for proving me wrong?
No you’re fine. Mainly went after Karnack because he was condescending and ultimately wrong. Not surprising from him. In fact, I’m 95% sure based on his record he’ll double down about being wrong in some way.

One of my pet peeves on boards though is when one presents something as fact or absolute when they don’t have any evidence. It’s particularly annoying when they’re ultimately wrong. State it as an opinion or even as a strong likelihood and I got no issue. Ultimately though they’re the ones who look like dopes though. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

Good luck with that. I've never come across someone who is never wrong and yet seemingly wrong so often it will make your head spin.

No you’re fine. Mainly went after Karnack because he was condescending and ultimately wrong. Not surprising from him. In fact, I’m 95% sure based on his record he’ll double down about being wrong in some way.

One of my pet peeves on boards though is when one presents something as fact or absolute when they don’t have any evidence. It’s particularly annoying when they’re ultimately wrong. State it as an opinion or even as a strong likelihood and I got no issue. Ultimately though they’re the ones who look like dopes though. Just my two cents.
Yeah, I was poking fun at him for suggesting I should attack you for me being wrong:)

Yes, people speak in absolutes all the time when they have absolutely no idea if they are correct, and are often stating an opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT