ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

I wonder how Kirk responds to recruits? Saban coaching until he croaks.

How long will Nick Saban coach Alabama football? Here's what he told one recruit​

Nick Kelly, The Tuscaloosa News
Mon, June 26, 2023 at 12:42 PM CDT

Any college football fans who hope Nick Saban will retire soon won't like what Ryan Williams had to say recently.
Williams, an Alabama commit in the 2025 class, discussed the matter with Cover 3 Podcast recently. Williams was asked about other schools using Saban's age against him in recruiting. Saban turns 72 in October.

"We've talked about that of course," Williams said. "He said he's going to be coaching until he croaks over. And he's got some time."

Williams is a five-star receiver, per the 247Sports Composite, from Saraland.

Saban, who is entering his 17th season leading the Crimson Tide, has discussed previously how other coaches have told recruits he is going to retire. While speaking at the Alabama Football Coaches Association in 2022, Saban expressed how he's puzzled about the frequent retirements questions he fields.

"Everybody asks when I'm going to retire," Saban said. "Retire for what? I'm going to jump into an empty abyss? Of what am I going to do? Because the very challenges I talk about and the things in our profession that concern me, for you and for me both in your game and our game, that's what keeps me going. That's why I get up every day. That's why I can't sleep at night sometimes. Why would you quit doing that? I haven't figured that one out yet."

with how this staff identifies and then more importantly DEVELOP's that's all that matter.

walk on's.
2*
3* it doesn't matter they ussually end up in the NFL making 7 digit's salaries.

who know with the portal IA may get in the future if they have not already have them and don't need him.
Iowa in one of the 2 power conferences, recruiting need to be more than just 2 and 3 stars.

Iowa landed some important players in the portal, still 48th overall and 10th in the Big Ten per 247.

No longer competing against just the Big 10 West and Iowa State

Iowa in one of the 2 power conferences, recruiting need to be more than just 2 and 3 stars.

Iowa landed some important players in the portal, still 48th overall and 10th in the Big Ten per 247.

like the next coach can/will do any better. posters always dreaming about how muc greener the grass is on the other side of the fence. when in reality it is not greener and I doubt it tastes much different on the other side of the fence.

Reactions: jbofan
Iowa has made a recent offer to 2025 prospect;

Joey Van Wetzinga 3 star
OL-DL 6' 2" 255 lbs.
Pleasant Valley, IA

Swarm 25 just might be better than 24.

Don't worry too much about lower rated defensive players...Parker can coach em up.

Now the offense????

Right, committed doesn’t mean he’s got scholarship though. My guess is he’s either a gray shirt or PWO. “Golden Opportunity” also seems like a carefully chosen phrasing.
It’s pretty rare for a walk-on to “commit” this early in the process. He’s scholarship.

Surprised this hasn't been reported on here yet but it looks like two Crystal Ball predictions for Iowa yesterday on 24/7

1. Steve Wiltfong putting one in for TE Gavin Hoffman which would be HUGE

2. Allen Trieu + David Eickholt put one in for ATH KJ Parker

Gut tells me we land Vander Zee + Jaylen Watson
CB for Vander Zee to Iowa as well!

Surprised this hasn't been reported on here yet but it looks like two Crystal Ball predictions for Iowa yesterday on 24/7

1. Steve Wiltfong putting one in for TE Gavin Hoffman which would be HUGE

2. Allen Trieu + David Eickholt put one in for ATH KJ Parker

Gut tells me we land Vander Zee + Jaylen Watson
Parker will verbal to Iowa on July 1

Watson stood up in front of other recruits/current players, and the staff and announced to them he was a Hawkeye..his public announcement will be made on 8 July.

Not a problem in general but it’s curious they offered him this early. His offer list, rating and frankly Iowa’s ability to get DB’s historically makes this an uncharacteristic offer at this stage of the game. Typically they’d wait to see how this would play out by signing day.
you clearly don't follow IA recruiting, because if you did you would know that Parker has offered low ranked DB's in the past and turned them into NFL Draft picks.

S Merriweather was a 5.3 2* that is now in the NFL
he left after the 2022 season
there are others but he is the most recent, the next to end up in the NFL could possibly be Schultze a former Walk on.

Reactions: F5n5
you clearly don't follow IA recruiting, because if you did you would know that Parker has offered low ranked DB's in the past and turned them into NFL Draft picks.
I have been for 20+ years gramps. Not doubting Parker but if you followed recruiting you’d know those offers to DBs this lowly rated don’t typically come in June, they come in December.

S Merriweather was a 5.3 2* that is now in the NFL
he left after the 2022 season
there are others but he is the most recent, the next to end up in the NFL could possibly be Schultze a former Walk on.
Perfect examples illustrating my point. Keveon was literally a signing day offer and Schulte was a walk-on.

Perfect examples illustrating my point. Keveon was literally a signing day offer and Schulte was a walk-on.
its a perfect example that proves nothing
Greenway was a 2*
Jewel was a 2*
Sanders was a 2*
Wadley was a 2*
Green was a 2* when he 1st committed then after a year at Milford Academy came back as a low 3*
TE Clark was a walk on.
Gallery was a 2*

now then when will you give up your bashing Phil about this kid.

• Haha
Reactions: RothMatt and F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT