ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

The Hawkeyes have extended an offer to;

Timothy Lawson 3 star
TE 6' 5" 220 lbs.
Fort Meyers, FL

Lawson was offered on May 25th. He has made a few visits and is considered a lean for TCU. He has expressed some interest in visiting Iowa because of our history of developing TEs and sending them to the NFL. I hope we can get Tim on campus.

A couple of in-state guys coming in for visits on 06-15-23;

Jake Peters
OL 6' 3" 265 lbs.
Cedar Falls, IA

Abram Edwards
TE 6' 5" 212 lbs.
Winfield, IA

Edwards might be headed to West Point.

Reactions: bumpstock
Five new visitors coming in this weekend;

Jaylon Watson, 3 star
WR 5' 10" 160 lbs.
Toledo, OH

Aiden Flora
WR 5' 10" 160 lbs.
Adel, IA

DJ Vonnahme
ATH 6' 4" 205 lbs.
Carroll, IA

Graham Eben
S 6' 1" 190 lbs.
Rock Rapids, IA

Jaxon Cherry
ATH 6' 2" 230 lbs
Webster City, IA

All of these guys are being recruited by FCS teams. Iowa must see something they like.
Watson just received an offer from Iowa. Hawks offered him as a defensive back. A little Hawkeye connection..he is Fred Russell's nephew.

Watson just popped up with 2 CBs for Iowa on TOS. Hoping Todd pulls the trigger relatively soon for the hawks.
At this time...if Watson decides to play defensive back, I think he will be a Hawk. Not sure how many other schools have offered him as a db. If he ends up wanting to play wr...he will end up elsewhere. Overall, the Hawks are sitting in a very good position with him.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
A couple of in-state guys coming in for visits on 06-15-23;

Jake Peters
OL 6' 3" 265 lbs.
Cedar Falls, IA

Abram Edwards
TE 6' 5" 212 lbs.
Winfield, IA

Edwards might be headed to West Point.
Is Abram Klay's son? If so that would be intriguing.

In a related note about DE's Iowa has offered...A Rutgers site mod stated his opinion that Elijah King could end up at Iowa or Purdue. King took a visit to Rutgers over the weekend. Article was posted earliar today.
King is scheduled to visit the big weekend of 06-23-23.

The Hawkeyes have extended an offer to;

Timothy Lawson 3 star
TE 6' 5" 220 lbs.
Fort Meyers, FL

Lawson was offered on May 25th. He has made a few visits and is considered a lean for TCU. He has expressed some interest in visiting Iowa because of our history of developing TEs and sending them to the NFL. I hope we can get Tim on campus.
Verballed to UNC on the 5th.

Omaha TE Michael Burt is coming back to Iowa on the 9th for his official visit. The main players for him beside us are Illinois, Minnesota, and Nebraska. I believe we are leading the pack by a wide margin. I have no idea if Michael will commit during his OV but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Keep your fingers crossed.
I like this kid a lot; and, I believe it would be a win/win for Michael & the Hawks.

probably all already mentioned but official visits lined up for the 23rd of non-committed players

1.) Eric Karner
2.) Jalen Todd
3.) Joseph Anderson
4.) Chima Chineke
5.) Reece Vander Zee
6.) Gavin Hoffman
7.) KJ Parker
8.) Xavier Lucas
9.) Charlie Becker
10.) Jaylen Watson
11.) Sage Clawges

Reactions: NevadaHawk