ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

Really?
Has anyone ever done this?
I can't think of anything that would prohibit it. Can you? It might require some "coordination" between KF & the Officer in Charge of the ROTC Unit, but no more or less than baseball & football, or football & track, etc.

It's only a big deal if somebody wants to make it into one. If the kid wants to play football, and go on to become an Army Officer after graduation (either Active, or Reserves), why stand in his way?

Coaches & Professors need to go out of their way to make sh!t like this happen ~ not squash dreams!

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
TOS has several predictions for Jalen Todd flooding in for Kansas. Iowa seemed to be the runaway favorite there initially. How a defensive back could ever choose Kansas over Iowa is beyond me.

Edit: it looks like he visited Kansas this last weekend. Seems like we got burned by having our “big” visit week later than most last year too. I think they need to move that week up earlier in June.

• Haha
TOS has several predictions for Jalen Todd flooding in for Kansas. Iowa seemed to be the runaway favorite there initially. How a defensive back could ever choose Kansas over Iowa is beyond me.

Edit: it looks like he visited Kansas this last weekend. Seems like we got burned by having our “big” visit week later than most last year too. I think they need to move that week up earlier in June.
none of those are overly confident, and we will see after his official to Iowa next weekend.

• Wow

Looks like their recent recruiting weekend is showing some promise.. 2 of their recent verbals had pretty good offer lists. Not superstars but appear to be a notch above players KU typically brings in..atleast on paper.

I can't think of any reason why he can't, the military academies all have NCAA Level sports programs.

sorry just because you are into the ROTC program does not mean you can't participate in sports.
Time for monthly drill, summer training, etc.
Their is a reason it’s not done.
Re: military academies. They allow their athletes the time to practice and participate.

• Haha

Not visiting Iowa. Think he might verbal to Kansas in the next 24-48 hours..

funny how all these schools are now going after IA recruits, since there are hundred of recruits out there and yet its the IA recruits they target.

I guess that's one way to keep IA from getting better is by taking a potential target away from IA.
I see it as a backhanded compliment. Other teams recognize Iowa's ability to find those diamonds in the rough.

• Haha
Do not know if it matters, but the QB he plays with, has known him since he we 5, also is going to Kansas. Some other player he played against and knows well signed with Kansas last year.
High school friendships can be a strong pull but never understand why a young man wouldn't commit to a school that has put 8 DB's in the NFL the past 10 years.

High school friendships can be a strong pull but never understand why a young man wouldn't commit to a school that has put 8 DB's in the NFL the past 10 years.
Agree and something just not feel right. I have no idea and not saying Iowa lost interest. It just seems weird he was going to Wisconsin this weekend, then Iowa. No official to either Mich or Mich St. I would think he would at least take his visit. Kansas is not going to pull his scholarship or $$$$.

On another note:
One think I would love to see is when the written offers go out in August, they could show in their profiles that they have a written offer. You would know then they had a committable offer. I am not saying it has anything to do with Todd. But do it for all players.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Seems like most of them eventually leave us.
not now they have been staying
RB Pattison is fully entrenched as one of the top 3 RB's, I have not really looked to see who else is on the roster, but I do remember Hodge, there were others. now I hope they can get 2-3 more per class going forward.

the 24 class has QB Resar a DT-QB.

I don't pay a ton of attention to that, they have a 4* CB already committed, so hopefully Iowa can sell the program and draft/playing status, the KU rivals guy added a future cast as well.
KU just recieved a verbal from another 4 star defensive back...Donors starting to pour equal amounts of money into the football program that they have been pouring into the basketball program for decades..

KU just recieved a verbal from another 4 star defensive back...Donors starting to pour equal amounts of money into the football program that they have been pouring into the basketball program for decades..
These days bad teams figure they can become good teams by showing prospects the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT