ADVERTISEMENT

Absolutely disgusted by this board tonight.

Own what you idiot? You and you ilk and leftist media caused this by calling him Trump Hitler for the last 4+ freaking years. How many people do you know that have said if they could go back in time and take hitler out BEFORE he got to power...they would do it?

You and your little extreme lib friends on this board are the only hypocrites. You disingenuously asked for proof of who would say anything about being glad he was shot, then when shown proof you call it weak and the rest of us snowflakes. LOL!!

Keep watching you girls on the view and MSNBC....maybe the next time a nut goes after him, they will kill YOUR "claimed to be next" hitler.

It's like this isn't MAGA behavior since 2015. You get this treatment since 5pm yesterday and you cannot handle it. Get a grip, man.

Trump is a different type of leader. He is very decisive in his manner. Folks either love him or have nothing to do with him. His numbers aren’t much different than Biden’s.
Honestly…with the immaturity of this nation abs the availability of guns, can anyone be surprised?
Much of the narrative about Trump has been formed by the msm. Trump is not as different as we are led to believe. CNN, MSNBC, the View, etc present Trump as a horrible human being. If a person only listens to left wing news then they truly believe Trump is the 2nd coming of Hitler and they believe he deserves to die.

The hyperbole has gone to the extreme in order to rally support around the left and to incite hatred against Trump. The reality is that Trump is a crude business man with probably somewhat questionable morals at times, but he loves this country and wants the best for the USA. I have watched quite a few videos of Trumps interviews going back to the 80s and he was speaking the same rhetoric back then as he does now. He is not a dictator and never will be.

We are being fed propaganda about Trump by the msm and this has created such a division in our country. We are not even being fed the real story, we are being fed lies in order to reinforce a specific agenda. Some how we have to find a way to take the power away from the msm so we can start hearing the truth instead of dangerous propaganda.

Much of the narrative about Trump has been formed by the msm. Trump is not as different as we are led to believe. CNN, MSNBC, the View, etc present Trump as a horrible human being. If a person only listens to left wing news then they truly believe Trump is the 2nd coming of Hitler and they believe he deserves to die.

The hyperbole has gone to the extreme in order to rally support around the left and to incite hatred against Trump. The reality is that Trump is a crude business man with probably somewhat questionable morals at times, but he loves this country and wants the best for the USA. I have watched quite a few videos of Trumps interviews going back to the 80s and he was speaking the same rhetoric back then as he does now. He is not a dictator and never will be.

We are being fed propaganda about Trump by the msm and this has created such a division in our country. We are not even being fed the real story, we are being fed lies in order to reinforce a specific agenda. Some how we have to find a way to take the power away from the msm so we can start hearing the truth instead of dangerous propaganda.
Sorry, I trust my eyes first and foremost. Trump’s just not qualified to be a leader. Trump is a grifter and now a felon. Your inference here is that Biden, Democrats are not freedom loving Americans. That is bullshit. BTW…. The power of the media is a mainstay in America. What has happened is that the media has become corporate media abs is no longer independent. We Americans have shunned our local newspapers and local news medias because we don’t like their point of view…well dammit, deal with it! Look what you have now! Don’t blame “the media” because you don’t like the news they print! Sometimes the truth is a slap in the face. You get corporate media, you get watered down news that is tailored for “acceptance” and not to talk about issues factually. Everyone has their favorite news sources. What ever suits their needs. And not the truth…

Reactions: hawksurprize
That's what you're meant to believe. It's really not. It's a social class issue between the have and have nots. Gun violence is perpetrated throughout the "have nots" communities.

Mass shootings and school shootings, while tragic and highly publicized, actually account for a relatively small percentage of overall gun violence in the United States each year. According to data from the Gun Violence Archive and other sources, these incidents typically make up less than 1% of all gun-related deaths annually.

The majority of gun violence in the United States occurs in urban areas and disproportionately affects economically disadvantaged communities. Factors such as poverty, lack of economic opportunities, systemic inequalities, and social factors like gang violence contribute significantly to higher rates of gun violence in these areas. Research and statistical data consistently show that gun violence rates are higher in neighborhoods with lower income levels and fewer resources for education, healthcare, and community development. Addressing these root causes is crucial for effectively reducing gun violence across the country.

Economic class division, disguised as racism, is the root of this mess. Take away all the guns, this issue will still be there. But, by all means, lets keep chasing those guns and to hell with the poor and under-privileged.

Welcome to the left, my Alaskan comrade. Unless you're of the belief that the unconscious market forces that govern our lives will be coming around the corner when they come to alleviate poverty and provide economic opportunities in areas private investors see as risky, it seems you would be in favor of some robust social democracy to start with to immediately alleviate a lot of the issues. Perhaps with even an ear open to different ideas about how we should view things like residential real estate as commodities before like essential shelter for human lives. Would you like to come to a meeting in Austin next week?

That's what you're meant to believe. It's really not. It's a social class issue between the have and have nots. Gun violence is perpetrated throughout the "have nots" communities.

Mass shootings and school shootings, while tragic and highly publicized, actually account for a relatively small percentage of overall gun violence in the United States each year. According to data from the Gun Violence Archive and other sources, these incidents typically make up less than 1% of all gun-related deaths annually.

The majority of gun violence in the United States occurs in urban areas and disproportionately affects economically disadvantaged communities. Factors such as poverty, lack of economic opportunities, systemic inequalities, and social factors like gang violence contribute significantly to higher rates of gun violence in these areas. Research and statistical data consistently show that gun violence rates are higher in neighborhoods with lower income levels and fewer resources for education, healthcare, and community development. Addressing these root causes is crucial for effectively reducing gun violence across the country.

Economic class division, disguised as racism, is the root of this mess. Take away all the guns, this issue will still be there. But, by all means, lets keep chasing those guns and to hell with the poor and under-privileged.
If you’ve read my posts I definitely am aware of people in poverty and the wealth gap. Yet still, there are no reasons that these weapons are available to purchase. They are for killing humans. Yet the NRA pays politicians to make sure we can get them.

Welcome to the left, my Alaskan comrade. Unless you're of the belief that the unconscious market forces that govern our lives will be coming around the corner when they come to alleviate poverty and provide economic opportunities in areas private investors see as risky, it seems you would be in favor of some robust social democracy to start with to immediately alleviate a lot of the issues. Perhaps with even an ear open to different ideas about how we should view things like residential real estate as commodities before like essential shelter for human lives. Would you like to come to a meeting in Austin next week?
college gameday sport GIF

As stated before I'm not going to don a team jersey. Ever. That's half our problem. I still believe in capitalism, but I agree that without checks and balances and some government oversight, it can (and has) lead to issues. I don't think these problems (namely poverty) will "naturally resolve themselves". As always, I advocate for a middle ground approach that combines the strengths of capitalism with sensible regulations and social programs. IMHO, this approach should lend itself to ensuring fairness, opportunity, and support for those in need without overly restricting individual freedoms or stifling economic innovation. Wouldn't taking off those team jersey's allow us to focus on finding pragmatic solutions that strike some balance? It doesn't have to be all of one thing and none of the other. What's going on in Austin next week?

college gameday sport GIF

As stated before I'm not going to don a team jersey. Ever. That's half our problem. I still believe in capitalism, but I agree that without checks and balances and some government oversight, it can (and has) lead to issues. I don't think these problems (namely poverty) will "naturally resolve themselves". As always, I advocate for a middle ground approach that combines the strengths of capitalism with sensible regulations and social programs. IMHO, this approach should lend itself to ensuring fairness, opportunity, and support for those in need without overly restricting individual freedoms or stifling economic innovation. Wouldn't taking off those team jersey's allow us to focus on finding pragmatic solutions that strike some balance? It doesn't have to be all of one thing and none of the other. What's going on in Austin next week?

I have no idea what's going on in Austin next week. What you described is social democracy and we tried it briefly and it was successful for a lot of white people in the USA but the capitalists have been chipping away at it for decades and we're to the point that most of society believes that austerity is both effective and morally righteous (which I'm not seeing after 15-16 years of it). I really don't see many strengths of capitalism anymore. Come to find out, much technological innovation is a result of government financed research with no expectation of a return of profit and when they create something, they give it away to capitalists who them charge us for the privilege of using technology created by tax dollars. I do see a lot of completely legal and obviously unethical practices made possible by a dogmatic devotion to capitalism which benefit no one (unlike the more pollyannish and often enough true tale of markets finding and meeting consumer need). I really don't see how private ownership/control of natural resources makes sense in any type of religious or philosophical ethos that doesn't ultimately involve invoking a version of Divine Right or might makes right.

I have no idea what's going on in Austin next week. What you described is social democracy and we tried it briefly and it was successful for a lot of white people in the USA but the capitalists have been chipping away at it for decades and we're to the point that most of society believes that austerity is both effective and morally righteous (which I'm not seeing after 15-16 years of it). I really don't see many strengths of capitalism anymore. Come to find out, much technological innovation is a result of government financed research with no expectation of a return of profit and when they create something, they give it away to capitalists who them charge us for the privilege of using technology created by tax dollars. I do see a lot of completely legal and obviously unethical practices made possible by a dogmatic devotion to capitalism which benefit no one (unlike the more pollyannish and often enough true tale of markets finding and meeting consumer need). I really don't see how private ownership/control of natural resources makes sense in any type of religious or philosophical ethos that doesn't ultimately involve invoking a version of Divine Right or might makes right.
So how do we get to Gene Rodenberry's future?

I'm not better than anyone. I've done shitty things in my youth. I'm a sinner. But bloody hell people. Garbage. **** some of you "people".

Wonder if OP can link us to his January 6th or 7th, 2021 thread about "Absolutely disgusted by this board tonight" and all the claims of "tourists" and "peaceful protests"....

Any links, OP?

Wonder if OP can link us to his January 6th or 7th, 2021 thread about "Absolutely disgusted by this board tonight" and all the claims of "tourists" and "peaceful protests"....

Any links, OP?
I was at work that day. I don't think the tourist stuff and peaceful protest claims came around till later. I don't remember anyone disappointed that someone didn't get killed.

Actually that's not true. Many on here said the national guard should have opened fire on the crowds that day. So, yeah, that is pretty disgusting too

I believe it has already been proven that Trump did indeed say peacful.
And he also incited the crowd to riot

Then, sat back and refused to call in Guard units to support the Capitol police until it was apparent he would not be able to stop the count.

Nice try.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Nobody has pushed violence in the last 8 years more than Trump. All these Republicans with rifle lapel pins and shooting assault rifles in their political ads. They did this. Just adding that into the discussion. Gun violence is a Republican mess.
Nice deflection. The Dems have PLENTY of people who have spouted violent rehtoric. And only the Dems have used inciteful launguage about another political candidate. And, again, I understand that Trump is a TERRIBLE person in many ways. But, he is NOT Hitler as the Dems have been spouting. LOL!

Actually, some on the right have called Biden "Hitler." Not as many as those on the left saying that about Trump, but some.

Bush was often compared to Hitler. Arguably with more justification. Trump hasn't yet started an unprovoked war. Then again, Bush didn't single out several ethnic groups for vilification and direct action, and didn't call for locking up his opponents, like Trump has.
Again, Please provide receipts of who on the Republican side has EVER called Biden Hitler? You guys on the left keep spouting stuff and when asked to provide proof...you pivot. Good griedf.

Do you think downplaying is the same as actively wishing someone had had their head blown off?
Do you think a gallows to hang the VP, by a large minority of a political part is the same as an individual act?

Where was your ire with respect to Pelosi's husband, and all the false narratives right wingers spread on that?

Seems like you have rather "selective" anger on these issues. FTR, I'm fully against assassination attempts on Trump, Pence, Biden or anyone else.

Reactions: artradley
Do you think a gallows to hang the VP, by a large minority of a political part is the same as an individual act?

Where was your ire with respect to Pelosi's husband, and all the false narratives right wingers spread on that?

Seems like you have rather "selective" anger on these issues. FTR, I'm fully against assassination attempts on Trump, Pence, Biden or anyone else.
Covered all the bullet points. Congrats. You win boobs.

breast boobies GIF

Reactions: TennNole17
They are for killing humans.
Then I'd say the vast majority of its owners are miss-using the tool. There are over 10 million AR-15s owned in the U.S. and, while exact numbers are difficult to pinpoint due to categorization issues, it is clear that the proportion of homicides committed with AR-15s is relatively low compared to other firearms, particularly handguns. The majority of gun-related homicides in the U.S. are committed with handguns, with rifles (including AR-15s) contributing to a smaller percentage, like 1.5-2.2% of all firearm homicides in the U.S. per year-type small.
Yet the NRA pays politicians to make sure we can get them.
Sounds like your beef is with lobbyists, not gun makers. And, on that, I'd agree. I think we should get rid of lobbyists and put an end to earmarks and pork barrel spending! The NRA should NOT have any influence on government, none whatsoever.

I just searched for posts by Doobi that timeframe, and it turns out he was disgusted…by those on the left who think 1/6 is a big deal.

Friggin idiot.

Post in thread 'Do you really believe?'
https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/do-you-really-believe.345669/post-8562491

I agree 100%. There were certainly some very bad actors that need to be punished. There was loss of life, so that definitely needs to be dealt with. The vast majority however, were a mob that got out of hand and went farther than any planned or thought they would.

The left acting like this is some coup attempt or some large organized event and calling it the darkest day in American history is offensive to say the least.
Yep.

Looks like someone forgot which account he was logged into...
Nope. It's a post from years ago. You are trying to make it seem like I'm the same as the people that wish Trump had his head blown off. You're full of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT