ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter at Perry High school in Iowa

And if we hadn’t met this summer, I would’ve assumed you did mean it a certain way and would’ve jumped all over you. Knowing posters are people helps in a thread like this.
People see what they want. Weak people are less likely to change when presented with contradictory information.

• Haha
Reactions: OhAdam
bunny-back-in-the-box.gif
Great friggin movie

So hold the parents also responsible for not having their gun locked up. Lets put the “responsible” into responsible gun ownership
Agreed. I'm all for gun rights but if the owner of the weapon makes it available to a minor to commit a crime then the gun owner/parent needs to face hard consequences. Civil liability to start and bankrupt them, then criminal negligence for prison time. That should scare enough folks to hopefully make a dent in the overall problem.

Being the war-time forward deployed veteran that I am, it's hard for me to see the gun as the problem. I see and understand the tragedy that is when innocent people die. However, until there are guns out there opening fire without an operator, I refuse to lay the blame on a device that if left alone for a million years will have fired exactly 0 bullets in that time frame.

Were you allowed to walk around your base with a rifle openly, whenever and wherever you wanted?

Did you have training on how to use your rifle?

Was your rifle securely stored when you were not using?

Did you have a background check to get into the military?

Did you have regular physical and mental health evaluations?

Why can’t we start with these basics for civilian ownership?

Shootings are pretty violent.

Gangs are pretty violent.

Simply saying it could be gang related.

The town has a large Hispanic population.

Hispanics make up the majority of gangs in America.

It's crazy how much you guys are dogging on him.
So you are saying that Whiskey was suggesting that the shooting might be related to Hispanic gang activity? That's exactly what I said he intended, but Whiskey seems to be denying that he thought the Hispanic gangs had anything to do with it. That's why we're "dogging" him.

HIWILLIE is correct. My apologies for my part in being disrespectful to the families and friends of the Perry community. And even to those I disagree with on here. It's a tragic day for that community.

Sorry to hurt your iddy biddy feelings but it's a people problem not a gun problem.
Guy hurt your itty bitty feelings. Poor Rico. It's so funny how the hypocrite is the most triggered. Multiple things can be true Mr unsuave. Guns are definitely part of the problem. As are people like you who can't view it through any other lens than arrogance that they are always correct and have no need to review facts but instead roll with their feelings. Ex. I feel guns aren't the problem so I'm just going to spread my ignorance far and wide because, ya know, I'm right. While also dehumanizing anyone that has an alternative viewpoint. Lol you and your "ilk" are tiresome with your projection. People died you heartless bitch. There is a problem in this country. You don't have solutions. Just feelings. And then like a child you call others out. Too stupid to figure out what hypocrite means.

So hold the parents also responsible for not having their gun locked up. Lets put the “responsible” into responsible gun ownership

I’m not necessarily opposed. But I’m also not opposed to schools having some responsibility if it can be proven that they were notified and did nothing.

Nice to know the resident right wingers have this all covered... Mexicans, Letter people, video games mental health (which they will not fund), bad parenting, social media (which I do think is a factor but not the biggest)... ANYTHING except the damn guns.
Exactly. Rote responses of hurt people who have no concept how to deal with their feelings so they blame everything but the root cause. Guns AND mental health.

Were you allowed to walk around your base with a rifle openly, whenever and wherever you wanted?

Did you have training on how to use your rifle?

Was your rifle securely stored when you were not using?

Did you have a background check to get into the military?

Did you have regular physical and mental health evaluations?

Why can’t we start with these basics for civilian ownership?
And when someone commits a violent crime with a firearm, hang them.

No ****ing making excuses about where they came from or their upbringing. Hang them.

I'm game.

Guy hurt your itty bitty feelings. Poor Rico. It's so funny how the hypocrite is the most triggered. Multiple things can be true Mr unsuave. Guns are definitely part of the problem. As are people like you who can't view it through any other lens than arrogance that they are always correct and have no need to review facts but instead roll with their feelings. Ex. I feel guns aren't the problem so I'm just going to spread my ignorance far and wide because, ya know, I'm right. While also dehumanizing anyone that has an alternative viewpoint. Lol you and your "ilk" are tiresome with your projection. People died you heartless bitch. There is a problem in this country. You don't have solutions. Just feelings. And then like a child you call others out. Too stupid to figure out what hypocrite means.
T's and P's to those injured or killed, see that's not so hard is it Mr. Chicken Little.

Go sit on a sharp object. What a ****ing looser. The world needs less of you and more pronoun people with acceptance in their hearts.
Yes, because your post ooozes acceptance and love... glad you showed people who you really are though.

People see what they want. Weak people are less likely to change when presented with contradictory information.
There is also an aspect you knew what you were inferring and knew what other people would take from your posts. At no point did you try to walk it back. It is a 2 way street, yes I have been antagonizing a bit, but its because Ive felt your posts were over the top.

HIWILLIE is correct. My apologies for my part in being disrespectful to the families and friends of the Perry community. And even to those I disagree with on here. It's a tragic day for that community.
If genuine, that is a tremendous post and all of us should adopt that.

Everyone should have learned from the Oklahoma City Federal Building bombing in 1995. Many jumped to conclusions on the race of the terrorist or terrorists. The terrorist, of course, ended up being a white male.
Who likely would not have been caught when he was if Oklahoma didn't have the gun control laws on the books that they did.

So you are saying that Whiskey was suggesting that the shooting might be related to Hispanic gang activity? That's exactly what I said he intended, but Whiskey seems to be denying that he thought the Hispanic gangs had anything to do with it. That's why we're "dogging" him.
I was giving background to people not from the area that Perry is a town known for having a significantly larger than average Hispanic gang involvement.

• Haha
I'm about nine pages behind. Anyone want to tl;dr me this thread.

Personally I question the timing of this event?

Let's see it's right before the Iowa Republican Caucus, perfect timing to paint Republican Presidential hopefuls into the corner on whether they support gun control.

The timing of this event in the eyes of the present administration takes many eyes off the problems at the border.

Why did this just happen to take place in Iowa where all the Presidential hopefuls are gathering and near Des Moines the state capital of Iowa?

Makes one wonder doesn't it?

There are a lot of great mental health professionals out there; if you can't find one yourself, please reach out to a loved one to assist with getting you the help you deserve.

Thoughts and prayers to you ♥️

Last edited:
Were you allowed to walk around your base with a rifle openly, whenever and wherever you wanted? - The military is not civilian life. There are many things you can't do on base that a normal civilian can do other places.

Did you have training on how to use your rifle? Of course.

Was your rifle securely stored when you were not using? Hard to say... my guns were issued to me in the armory, what happens before or after they're in my possession is unknown.

Did you have a background check to get into the military? Relevance?

Did you have regular physical and mental health evaluations? I barely had regular bowel movements.

Why can’t we start with these basics for civilian ownership? - Shall not be infringed. Seems pretty simple. Those questions are designed to infringe.

Another example of a failing public school system. How many teachers were on their phones doing non teaching things rather than being on the lookout for suspicious things.

Is this another situation where a teacher propped open a secure door?

People send their children to school to be taught and teachers have a responsibility to protect them and keep them safe from harm, they failed miserably once again!
It's failing because republican lawmakers have pulled funding amongst other things from schools. Damn you are too stupid. Blame, blame, blame. Anger, anger, anger without rational solutions for the greater good. Personal freedoms over children. Unborn babies over live people. Banning books because your too intimidated to have real conversations about real things with your kids. Conservatives are insane in your ability to justify shitty policy just to own the Libs.

I didn't infer anything. I made a factually accurate statement.

What do you want to bet this shooter has a history and the courts have slapped them.on the wrist multiple times?
So this is factually correct - and this had nothing to do with your previous gang banger and hispanic factual post? You fully insinuated it was troubled teen (gang banger). Yet continue to act like you didn't insinuate anything.

So do I win something for saying it was likely a nerdy kid who had been bullied and who hadn't been in trouble much ( current reporting is currently stating this)? This isn't a contest to win. It shows the depravity of what is occurring in our schools and communities. The race, income, background ultimately does not matter. We either need to figure out how to fix the problem, or if cannot fix the specific problem of more mentally unwell individuals, to cut down access to weapons or other devices that can harm others.

Sooo…are there any credible updates regarding the shooting? I mean, I hate to interrupt the usual bullshit, but I’d like to know.
Sounds like 1 fatality for sure - likely the principal - and at least 2 injuries bad enough to require life flight.

Hopefully, the death toll stays low.

Also sounding like it's a male student that did it and killed himself.

I was giving background to people not from the area that Perry is a town known for having a significantly larger than average Hispanic gang involvement.
I assume you thought the Hispanic gang activity might be involved in the mass shooting or it wouldn't have been necessary to post in a thread about a school shooting.

As far as I know it's still open and has been for years. What they need is more employment other than the factory.
The meat packing plants used to be decent paying jobs with benefits. That gave the employees disposable income to improve the surrounding local economy. Similar thing happened in Ottumwa when wages and benefits for the jobs were slashed.

Not in Iowa. I'm quite versed on this issue. Reynolds passed mental health reform a few years back in Iowa. Educate yourself.

Just because something does get funded the way the sage Tom Paris would fund it, doesn't make it "voting against' mental health reform.
Gus…. She signed tge legislation but she didn’t make a provision to FUND it!
Without funding you have nothing other than lip service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT