ADVERTISEMENT

B1G East, Doylized, Greg Davis

May 27, 2009
1. B1G East has 3 teams better than the B1G West's best, Wisconsin. I think Penn State beats Wisconsin at a neutral site. Their dominance over the West is only going to get bigger.

2. What happened to our players getting Doylized?

3. Greg Davis has to go. It just has to happen. The sample size is big enough.

1. B1G East has 3 teams better than the B1G West's best, Wisconsin. I think Penn State beats Wisconsin at a neutral site. Their dominance over the West is only going to get bigger.

2. What happened to our players getting Doylized?

3. Greg Davis has to go. It just has to happen. The sample size is big enough.

I think Rahbdo has an issue to play with Doyle. I think his off season workouts are under fire and he can't push the players as hard as he would like to. Now they have to have mandatory rest and what not.

3. KF is going to have to fire him. If he keeps him around, its game over for the Iowa program. His scheme has not worked and his highest offense here at Iowa was last year and it was 52nd. We have not even sniffed the top 30 and KOK had us in there at least 3 times in his time.

Reactions: BigHawksFan
1. yep
2. strength program is still good, less confident in conditioning lately
3. yep. yep.

Can we stop with the "Doylelized" comments? We are getting pushed around like I've never seen before. Along with an incredibly poor series of recruiting misses, this is the poorest Oline in recent memory.

Can we stop with the "Doylelized" comments? We are getting pushed around like I've never seen before. Along with an incredibly poor series of recruiting misses, this is the poorest Oline in recent memory.
I agree, not to mention we are the team that always runs out of gas each week.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
The last time Penn St did this to Iowa after a bye week it cost coach Campbell and Kaz. There jobs it got ugly in the coaches room. Which spill over into players meeting so something could happen.I few players told me later too that Doyle was so tough on bye weeks they had no legs left,

I think Rahbdo has an issue to play with Doyle. I think his off season workouts are under fire and he can't push the players as hard as he would like to. Now they have to have mandatory rest and what not.

3. KF is going to have to fire him. If he keeps him around, its game over for the Iowa program. His scheme has not worked and his highest offense here at Iowa was last year and it was 52nd. We have not even sniffed the top 30 and KOK had us in there at least 3 times in his time.
I agree with most of what you have written here; however, it is time to stop using the Rhahbdo incident to explain why the "Bully of the B1G" has become the "Paper Tiger" of the B1G.

I agree with most of what you have written here; however, it is time to stop using the Rhahbdo incident to explain why the "Bully of the B1g" has become the "Paper Tiger" of the B1G.

Thats the only thing I can think of that is causing our team to be weak. Unless Doyle has become lazy and not pushing the guys as hard.

But to be honest I just think our recruiting is lacking and we have had some attrition at some key spots and we are calling on guys who are not ready to play.

Thats the only thing I can think of that is causing our team to be weak. Unless Doyle has become lazy and not pushing the guys as hard.

But to be honest I just think our recruiting is lacking and we have had some attrition at some key spots and we are calling on guys who are not ready to play.

This - recruiting- is the biggest issue. Always has been about the talent. It struck me yesterday when Millen said that "KF does more with less" - as has been the saying since 1997. That after the 2002-2004 run - and certainly now with the facilities and recent runs - there is no way that Iowa should be that much "less" in recruiting. A conscious choice by KF after the 2006 (?) troubled class no doubt but one that cuts the legs out from the program. The game is always about talent and KF had shown what his style and philosophy can do when they have "just enough" talent. His biggest fault Imo is not committing fully to fight that recruiting fight for Consistent results. 2006 soured him so much that recruiting will always lack. I compare the trajectory of the KF program to Whisky and MSU. The difference has been talent. This year Parker has less and is exposed - and for as much as I hate the GD offense he has won with better talent. The KF program has to have "just enough" talent but if he is not committed to getting it in year 18 it won't matter who calls the x's and o's.

Reactions: Yaktumsqueegie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT