ADVERTISEMENT

Bonus Points

jvclark

HR MVP
Apr 4, 2015
wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but since it's been such a hot button in the past(with PSU scoring so many) I thought I just as well start a new thread.

Two paragraphs about the bonus points we AMASSED this past weekend. These come from a hawkcentral.com article. We are progressing. And two more big guns(warner and Murin) and our returners continuing to score bonus points and who knows??

Link. http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...keyes-third-place-ncaa-performance/436340002/

"Over three days, Iowa scored 19 bonus-point victories, the most in the tournament — 10 pins (also a tournament high), 3 technical falls and 6 major decisions. To compare with the rest of the top five: Ohio State had 17 (5, 4, 8), Penn State had 15 (4, 5, 6), Michigan had 9 (2, 1 6) and N.C. State had 14 (2, 2, 10)."

And

"
Here’s this, too: Iowa scored 19 bonus-point victories in 33 total wins over the weekend — or in roughly 58 percent of their victories. That’s pretty good.

Consider this: Penn State and Ohio State had more total wins — 49 and 40, respectively — but scored bonus points at a lower clip, at 31 and 43 percent. North Carolina State nearly matched Iowa's percentage, scoring bonus points in 14 of 25 wins, while Michigan scored bonus points in just 9 of 25 wins"

Even though we are only 3rd still I really like this new team that is more aggressive and makes watching fun again...I dont ever want to go back to Evans, Burak and the others from just a few short years ago....Yaaaawwwnnnnn...ZZZZzzzzzzzzz
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote!

The Hawks really came through with bonus points in this tourney, well done. The way the scoring is set up, you HAVE to have bonus point scorers. You are better off with fewer high flying stars who bonus than a whole roster of solid guys who might win 1-3 matches by decision.

PSU didn't qualify at 125 and scored nothing, or close to it, at 133, and still won over probably the best team that tOSu ever put on the mat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT