ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark salary going viral

Well you just explained in your own post the lack thereof why the salary is low. The wnba loses money. Don’t see too many companies paying out high salaries while also losing money.
Well minus our great government leaders.
Speaking of which, I think it’s time we give them another raise.
You see it all the time, if you are paying attention.

Do I have a problem with Clark making millions "instantly" with endorsements? What a silly question. Try reading my posts again in this thread as to what my points are. If you read them and can formulate a cogent question, I would look forward to answering it.
Ok so you have no problem that she profits on endorsements when someone already paved the way for her.
If she’s a great wnba player and the organization and the league start making money, she will pave the way for others to make more money. Including her.

They can’t just give her a crap load of money because she has a following. The league has rules and regulations.
This isn’t like being a social media influencer.

1. CC will do fine, at least in the near term until she is essentially assimilated by the Borg/black hole that is the WNBA. Thankfully, she seems to have a decent head on her shoulders and so hopefully she will invest wisely.
2. The WNBA as a going concern is not exactly a great investment, and would be worse if it were not propped up by the NBA. Poor businesses generally don't pay exaggerated salaries to their employees, no matter how much their employees may believe in the labor theory of value. It is, for all intents and purposes, a charitable endeavor.
3. If you really want to ponder a truly bizarre diminution of value curve, consider the following. The value of the 200th best (median NBA male) basketball player in the world is in the range of $4-5MM per year. The value of, say, the 500th best (male) basketball player in the world (i.e., playing in the G league) is about $40k per year. Interestingly, the annual revenue of the G league and the WNBA is about the same ($200MM). Maybe it's not actually the WNBA rookie that's underpaid. Or at worst, taking into account revenue per player, maybe the WNBA player is being paid just about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonoscopy
Do you like your Lindell pillow?
How many Ron Paul sponsored stock certificates do you own?
Do you snack on 4Patriots survivalist food while you are listening to short wave radio?
What ever happened to Sebastian Gorka?
you left out gold.

Reactions: nu2u
I wish the WNBA the best but I'll be surprised if the audience follows her to the NBA. WCBB had the perfect storm this year, last years champ was the perfect villian, and had several physically pretty girls, then there is this upstart from a fly over state that broke all the records and got 2nd last year, then you have a phenom out on the west coast, the traditional blue blood ( uconn) and the team no one really talked about, went undefeated and crushed everyone else.

I watched WCBB because of the story lines, I won't be watching the WNBA, and while I can only speak foe myself, I imagine many others are like me.
WNBA ticket sales are going crazy already because of her. Las Vegas rented a 20,000 seat arena for her game because their 12,000 seat arena was selling our before the draft. When they play at MN tickets are going for over $230 on average for that game, normal tickets go for $45. Courtside seats $1400. The list goes on and on. Not sure it's sustainable but season one is going to be crazy.

Here’s the ticket data broken down by team for all 19 Fever away games (all listed before fees):

• Atlanta Dream: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $133 and $144 for games on June 21 and Aug. 26.
  • Chicago Sky: $125 for Fever games on June 23 and Aug. 30. When the reigning champion Aces come to town, tickets are $25.
  • Connecticut Sun: $88.09 and $71.45 for Fever games on May 14 and June 10.
  • Dallas Wings: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $140 and $119 for games on July 17 and Sept. 1.
  • Las Vegas Aces: $108.07 for the May 25 game at their usual arena. Tickets for the Aces usually start at $15, including for the T-Mobile Arena game against the Fever, and the team has already sold out five games this season, including the Fever.
  • Los Angeles Sparks: The Sparks have excluded the Fever matchup from ticket availability for the games scheduled for Cal State–Long Beach.
  • Minnesota Lynx: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $189 and $210 for games on July 14 and Aug. 24.
  • New York Liberty: $88.35 and $115.67 for Fever games on May 18 and June 2. Tickets for Liberty games usually start at $33.85.
  • Phoenix Mercury: $109 for the June 30 game against the Fever. Mercury tickets usually start at $23.
  • Seattle Storm: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but tickets for both the May 22 and June 27 games against the Fever have a get-in price of $51 on StubHub.
  • Washington Mystics: Only one standard ticket is available as of Wednesday afternoon for the two Fever games in Washington, and it costs $600. The cheapest Mystics games have tickets listed at $20.

WNBA ticket sales are going crazy already because of her. Las Vegas rented a 20,000 seat arena for her game because their 12,000 seat arena was selling our before the draft. When they play at MN tickets are going for over $230 on average for that game, normal tickets go for $45. Courtside seats $1400. The list goes on and on. Not sure it's sustainable but season one is going to be crazy.

Here’s the ticket data broken down by team for all 19 Fever away games (all listed before fees):

• Atlanta Dream: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $133 and $144 for games on June 21 and Aug. 26.
  • Chicago Sky: $125 for Fever games on June 23 and Aug. 30. When the reigning champion Aces come to town, tickets are $25.
  • Connecticut Sun: $88.09 and $71.45 for Fever games on May 14 and June 10.
  • Dallas Wings: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $140 and $119 for games on July 17 and Sept. 1.
  • Las Vegas Aces: $108.07 for the May 25 game at their usual arena. Tickets for the Aces usually start at $15, including for the T-Mobile Arena game against the Fever, and the team has already sold out five games this season, including the Fever.
  • Los Angeles Sparks: The Sparks have excluded the Fever matchup from ticket availability for the games scheduled for Cal State–Long Beach.
  • Minnesota Lynx: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but the StubHub get-in prices are $189 and $210 for games on July 14 and Aug. 24.
  • New York Liberty: $88.35 and $115.67 for Fever games on May 18 and June 2. Tickets for Liberty games usually start at $33.85.
  • Phoenix Mercury: $109 for the June 30 game against the Fever. Mercury tickets usually start at $23.
  • Seattle Storm: Single-game tickets are not available yet, but tickets for both the May 22 and June 27 games against the Fever have a get-in price of $51 on StubHub.
  • Washington Mystics: Only one standard ticket is available as of Wednesday afternoon for the two Fever games in Washington, and it costs $600. The cheapest Mystics games have tickets listed at $20.
if you think that's going to be sustainable, you should absolutely hop on stub hub right now. But secondary market speculation can be a real bitch.

Also, note that the League benefits very little from stubhub, so even accepting some short term spike in prices, it doesn't necessarily translate to long term league revenue growth unless the league thinks it's sustainable enough to raise prices 'next year'.

BTW, a word of caution. The Mystics stadium is not exactly in the best part of town, and that's saying something given that the Wizards' stadium is quickly becoming not the best part of town.

• Haha
Reactions: beanerhawk
Ok so you have no problem that she profits on endorsements when someone already paved the way for her.
If she’s a great wnba player and the organization and the league start making money, she will pave the way for others to make more money. Including her.

They can’t just give her a crap load of money because she has a following. The league has rules and regulations.
This isn’t like being a social media influencer.
Remind me again who which woman basketball player paved the way for her with huge endorsements based upon merit and not sex appeal? And, as stated above, I understand the framework of existing contracts. My point is that the assumptions supporting the math forming the basis of the collective bargaining agreement are no longer - or likely no longer - applicable. The league will have a huge windfall. I am curious what they will do with it. In a vacuum, they would pocket it. With this glaring spotlight on the league and Caitlin, I just wonder what kind of fairy dust - if any - will be sprinkled around. Probably none. But it will be interesting, nevertheless, to see what happens.

I’m so glad that - even if I tried - I couldn’t warp my brain enough to put words like this down on a page together. What a clusterphuck of synapses, cells, and nerves.

Remember when bOTH siDEs considered OiT the board's wacky conspiracy nut? Now he barely stands out from the mainstream GOP.

It'd be funny if the implications weren't so troubling for the collective country.

Reactions: Moral and HawkMD
Not bad pay for what, 5 months out of the year and coming from a company/league constantly losing money.
Sure tickets to games this year to see Caitlin will be a lot but they will decline. Especially if she doesn’t excel and is another lame wnba player.

Or lack thereof. I only listen to AM radio all day, so far Glenn Beck, then clay and buck , I am sure all the big hitters are going to talk about it. Basically saying the WNBA has never made money in 25 yrs.
I saw someone else post this on here before (can't remember the poster). He gets to the WNBA around the 1 min mark.

Reactions: JWolf74
if you think that's going to be sustainable, you should absolutely hop on stub hub right now. But secondary market speculation can be a real bitch.

Also, note that the League benefits very little from stubhub, so even accepting some short term spike in prices, it doesn't necessarily translate to long term league revenue growth unless the league thinks it's sustainable enough to raise prices 'next year'.

BTW, a word of caution. The Mystics stadium is not exactly in the best part of town, and that's saying something given that the Wizards' stadium is quickly becoming not the best part of town.
I said I'm not sure it's sustainable, and don't worry I'm not heading to the Mystics game anytime soon. Was just passing along the facts that season one is getting crazy is all. Also 36 of her 40 games are already nationally televised which destroys the previous seasons.

No big deal though.

You are so full of sh*t. Just because you choose to go all-in on right wing fear mongering news and are miserable because of it, that no way means that everything in this country is terrible and everyone else’s life is horrible. I have lived through some really difficult times and I’ve had to tolerate terrible political leadership at times, but I have never felt the way that you are describing yourself and supposedly everyone else in the country does. Get over your histrionic self.
Most people don't feel as miserable as oit and the maga's. Right wing talking points.

Remember when bOTH siDEs considered OiT the board's wacky conspiracy nut? Now he barely stands out from the mainstream GOP.

It'd be funny if the implications weren't so troubling for the collective country.
Ask me how many times I've ever seen a dem call chis out for dumb shit on this board.

Not bad pay for what, 5 months out of the year and coming from a company/league constantly losing money.
Sure tickets to games this year to see Caitlin will be a lot but they will decline. Especially if she doesn’t excel and is another lame wnba player.
Just imagine if families take their kids to these games for the first time ever and love it and buy season tickets for years to come. Never know I guess.

CC is swimming in endorsement $$$.

She'll do fine. If she brings more eyes to the WNBA all the salaries will increase.
^This. Caitlin knew when she declared for the draft that her WNBA salary would essentially be her “walking around” money. That salary is likely a fraction of just her annual investment income alone not to mention all of her other income streams. If it isn’t something is terribly wrong.

Ask me how many times I've ever seen a dem call chis out for dumb shit on this board.

I'm not sure how that is relevant to my post. Perhaps as an exchange, you can explain the relevance and I'll ask you your desired question?

I'll start: How many times have you ever seen a dem call chis out for dumb shit on this board?

I'm not sure how that is relevant to my post. Perhaps as an exchange, you can explain the relevance and I'll ask you your desired question?

I'll start: How many times have you ever seen a dem call chis out for dumb shit on this board?

And the relevance of that is, this board does not police its extremes in any way.

That's a really interesting question. Let's say Clark came back to school this year and opened up her services to the highest bidder. What would she fetch? $1M? $5M? More?
Allegedly FOX and ESPN were putting together a $5,000,000 deal to entice her to return for her extra Covid year.

Fair enough. I lose this round.
It is what it is man. I'll shit in my hands and clap the first time a dem actually sits him down and tells him to knock off his nonsense.

I just laugh when people talk about "ryans" as if chis isn't the lefts version of Q and they dont sit and drink it all day.

I doubt the WNBA will ever have the potential to grow more than what they are experiencing right at this moment.

So they better figure out a way to maximize everything in front of them.
And if the current players know what's good for them, they'll protect the most valuable asset they'll ever have.

And the relevance of that is, this board does not police its extremes in any way.

Well, this was before your time on the board. But through the Bush and Obama years, OiT was considered - by both sides, liberal or conservative - to be crazy, nutty, wacky, basically a friendlier version of Qanon before Qanon was a thing. This of course also fit with the broader political landscape as well, besides some fringe ideas like birtherism, OiT did not represent the mainstream pre-2015 GOP.

And now OiT is basically mainstream GOP, his second post in this thread could have came straight from a Trump rally or a random congressman. The point being that the GOP via the MAGA movement has loosened its grip on reality and joined OiT where he's been for years. The point of my post was not intended to have anything to do with with how this board policies extremes - whatever that may mean. Which of course is why I was confused by why you wanted to be asked about chis.

Reactions: HawkMD and JWolf74
Well, this was before your time on the board. But through the Bush and Obama years, OiT was considered - by both sides, liberal or conservative - to be crazy, nutty, wacky, basically a friendlier version of Qanon before Qanon was a thing. This of course also fit with the broader political landscape as well, besides some fringe ideas like birtherism, OiT did not represent the mainstream pre-2015 GOP.

And now OiT is basically mainstream GOP, his second post in this thread could have came straight from a Trump rally or a random congressman. The point being that the GOP via the MAGA movement has loosened its grip on reality and joined OiT where he's been for years. The point of my post was not intended to have anything to do with with how this board policies extremes - whatever that may mean. Which of course is why I was confused by why you wanted to be asked about chis.
I would say this is accurate. The thing two things OIT posted that sent my anger into orbit were calling 9/11 and sandyhook hoaxes. Other stuff like contrails are adorably stupid.

Last edited:
Remind me again who which woman basketball player paved the way for her with huge endorsements based upon merit and not sex appeal?

200.gif

Allegedly FOX and ESPN were putting together a $5,000,000 deal to entice her to return for her extra Covid year.
I believe this and CC would have been a bargain at $5 million. FOX had an Iowa game on every Saturday once football season was over this past year. She should have stayed at Iowa. Nobody would have blamed her given the black hole the WNBA is. Oh wait, yeah, the line of haters would have been long.

Remind me again who which woman basketball player paved the way for her with huge endorsements based upon merit and not sex appeal? And, as stated above, I understand the framework of existing contracts. My point is that the assumptions supporting the math forming the basis of the collective bargaining agreement are no longer - or likely no longer - applicable. The league will have a huge windfall. I am curious what they will do with it. In a vacuum, they would pocket it. With this glaring spotlight on the league and Caitlin, I just wonder what kind of fairy dust - if any - will be sprinkled around. Probably none. But it will be interesting, nevertheless, to see what happens.
Did you cry this much when lebron was greatly underpaid as well.
He even went to a league that was profitable and had a similar following.
His high school was setting all sorts of attendance records while he was playing.
Fans went to NBA games to see him play.
I’m guessing you weren’t crying because he wasn’t a white women from Iowa.

Did you cry this much when lebron was greatly underpaid as well.
He even went to a league that was profitable and had a similar following.
His high school was setting all sorts of attendance records while he was playing.
Fans went to NBA games to see him play.
I’m guessing you weren’t crying because he wasn’t a white women from Iowa.

I wasn't "crying" because Lebron wasn't a white woman for Iowa. Nice take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT