ADVERTISEMENT

Can we please stop with the AJ crap?

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
Seriously!!

He's an asshat. We now know he's not going to be a Hawkeye. He is someone else's headache now. Nothing the man says is worth repeating.

Let's move on from him!! We're all Hawks and now let's start acting like it.

JFC, 9 out of 10 of the newest threads involve him.

Seriously!!!!!!!!

P.S. If he signs with PSU or ISU, then we can blow up the board with him again.

Dj Khaled GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

Sorry, TnT created this situation and it is the biggest storyline of the Iowa wrestling season so far. Swim in muddy water and you're bound to come out looking like a mess.

Newsflash, until we have confirmation of what is going on with AJ, Anthony and Angelo, people are going to talk about it. There's nothing you or I can do about.

Go cry to Tom if you don't like it.

At this point I think the concern his we lose Angelo. That would give us zero recruits from 2024. We only have one for 2025 and it’s a great one. Blaze is the only other one and if we are lucky we get him, but if not that’s only 2 recruits in two classes. Not to mention we lost Jesuroga and Chittum for the 2023 class. Who knows what the portal will look like this off season.

I know. Before I did it, in other threads people pleaded to quit posting about him. I tried a new approach and created a thread. Maybe (fingers crossed) it will work. 🤷‍♂️
Creating new threads on a topic seems a bit counterintuitive if you want the subject to go away, eh?

So, does this situation count as a disruption?

Seriously!!

He's an asshat. We now know he's not going to be a Hawkeye. He is someone else's headache now. Nothing the man says is worth repeating.

Seriously!!!!!!!!

Im in CA which is essentially a wrestling wasteland. I have exactly zero friends that are fans of wrestling. Most folks I know have almost no knowledge on the sport and the majority have never watched a wrestling match. Even my buddies that wrestled in HS don’t follow the sport as adults. When the SS thing happened, it blew up on social media and these folks that have little to no interest in the sport, have been reaching out to me inquiring about the back story. The double bird splits has become a meme. More intriguing is guys that don’t watch wrestling are hitting me up asking how they can watch Iowa wrestling. Whether we like it or not, folks love a polarizing villain.

As my wife (no pics) said the uptick in interest for Iowa wrestling based on this circus demonstrates the sad state of affairs in our country.

Creating new threads on a topic seems a bit counterintuitive if you want the subject to go away, eh?

So, does this situation count as a disruption?
Lol, maybe. I guess I should have had the thread title as "AJ woke up this morning and took a crap and said 'that's what I think of you Iowa'." My god how many different ways can we discuss an asshat?

Seriously!!

Seriously!!!!!!!!

Yes

Reactions: Sharky1203
People bitched about AJ, then you have the now **** of an AD put a stop to this. Do you guys actually enjoying losing to Penn State every ****ing year?

People bitched about AJ, then you have the now **** of an AD put a stop to this. Do you guys actually enjoying losing to Penn State every ****ing year?
Kind of like PSU from the begining of time till 2010. Thats a long time to be irrelevant. Must be why you don’t know how to handle your success now. Everything cyclical!

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Sure do:
Penn State victoriesIowa victoriesTie games
No.DateLocationWinnerScore
11982State College, PAIowa34–9
21984Iowa City, IAIowa26–19
31984State College, PAIowa31–9
41986Iowa City, IAIowa35–5
51986State College, PAPenn State27–15
61988Iowa City, IAPenn State19–18
71988State College, PAPenn State18–16
81990National DualsIowa22–5
91990Iowa City, IAIowa36–3
101990State College, PAIowa32–6
111991National DualsTie19–19
121992Iowa City, IAIowa30–11
131992State College, PATie18–18
141994Iowa City, IAIowa29–15
151994National DualsIowa24–15
161994State College, PAIowa33–6
171996Iowa City, IAIowa28–6
181996State College, PAIowa22–15
191998Iowa City, IAPenn State25–17
201998Iowa City, IAIowa23–9
211999State College, PAIowa30–9
222000Iowa City, IAIowa22–9
No.DateLocationWinnerScore
232001State College, PAIowa33–10
242002Iowa City, IAIowa24–11
252003State College, PAIowa26–10
262004Iowa City, IAIowa23–11
272005State College, PAIowa23–16
282006Iowa City, IAPenn State21–12
292007State College, PAPenn State24–13
302008Iowa City, IA#1 Iowa27–13
312009State College, PA#1 Iowa31–6
322010Iowa City, IA#1 Iowa29–6
332011State College, PA#8 Iowa22–13
342012State College, PA#3 Penn State22–12
352013Iowa City, IA#3 Iowa22–16
362014Iowa City, IA#1 Penn State24–12
372015State College, PA#1 Iowa18–12
382017Iowa City, IA#2 Penn State26–11
392018State College, PA#1 Penn State28–13
402020Iowa City, IA#1 Iowa19–17
412022Iowa City, IA#1 Penn State19–13
422023State College, PA#1 Penn State23–14
Series: Iowa leads 28–12–2

Reactions: Jayhouse
Kind of like PSU from the begining of time till 2010. Thats a long time to be irrelevant. Must be why you don’t know how to handle your success now. Everything cyclical!
What success? How many team titles in the last 15 years? How many individual titles in the last ten years? You don’t even know what success looks like

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
You have something against the interim AD? You like AJ's behavior?
If you aren't even a Hawk fan, what are you doing here?

Reactions: el dub
What success? How many team titles in the last 15 years? How many individual titles in the last ten years? You don’t even know what success looks like
The way you’re talking would be like Michigan, putting themselves in the same category as Alabama Alabama right now

I’m sure you’ll get there soon little buddy, but not yet

The AJ talk will certainly calm down a lot when there is actual wrestling to talk about starting in a couple of days. Right now we are basically starved for anything to talk about because it's been almost 2 weeks since the Hawks stepped on the mat.

Reactions: Iron Doc and el dub
The AJ talk will certainly calm down a lot when there is actual wrestling to talk about starting in a couple of days. Right now we are basically starved for anything to talk about because it's been almost 2 weeks since the Hawks stepped on the mat.
That, and having something definitive about the Ferrari’s intentions finally, which I feel is not happening any time soon. I just wish Brands had discouraged him from doing the SS, knowing the crowd would be hostile to him against Glazer. If his debut was in carver, the fan response would be what he expected.

That, and having something definitive about the Ferrari’s intentions finally, which I feel is not happening any time soon. I just wish Brands had discouraged him from doing the SS, knowing the crowd would be hostile to him against Glazer. If his debut was in carver, the fan response would be what he expected.
The SS was a perfect opportunity for clarity at 197. A wrestle off. And Iowa wants to grow that tournament. what a better way to draw interest than having two top recruits in the mix?

If you have to discourage a recruit from participating in an event, there might be problems dtr.

The SS was a perfect opportunity for clarity at 197. A wrestle off. And Iowa wants to grow that tournament. what a better way to draw interest than having two top recruits in the mix?

If you have to discourage a recruit from participating in an event, there might be problems dtr.
That could be done in the room. You also know they weren’t recruiting AJ to be a better back up than Kolby. I usually support Brands, but this was stupid, he should have seen this coming, unless he didn’t think Zack would get by Joles.

That could be done in the room. You also know they weren’t recruiting AJ to be a better back up than Kolby. I usually support Brands, but this was stupid, he should have seen this coming, unless he didn’t think Zack would get by Joles.
It was the perfect opportunity to get AJ and brother some quality mat time if they had any desire to compete second semester.

If the situation was so dire before SS to discourage AJ from competing, there might potentially be bigger/deeper problems with the plan.

It was the perfect opportunity to get AJ and brother some quality mat time if they had any desire to compete second semester.

If the situation was so dire before SS to discourage AJ from competing, there might potentially be bigger/deeper problems with the plan.
I was more interested to see him wrestle joles, but wasn’t rooting against Zack. Before the match started I told my son this is going to be a very close defensive match, but probably boring, which it was. The coaches didn’t need to see that match to know they would start AJ over Zack, and if the Minnesota fan on here knew Zack had it out for AJ, the coaches had to know this was a huge powder keg. The 149 and 165 were genuinely upon the air, so I see wanting those matches. I guess at this point, it looks like worse case senerio for the AJ haters is he takes an Olympic shirt and tries to join us again in the fall. Rathjen is very inconsistent, so if Anthony can hold 149, he may get back into the mix. I just don’t think he will be that effective sucking that much weight.

At this point I think the concern his we lose Angelo. That would give us zero recruits from 2024. We only have one for 2025 and it’s a great one. Blaze is the only other one and if we are lucky we get him, but if not that’s only 2 recruits in two classes. Not to mention we lost Jesuroga and Chittum for the 2023 class. Who knows what the portal will look like this off season.
Not to mention the 2022 class was not exactly loaded with talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT