ADVERTISEMENT

Challenge for the Iowa DL ... game vs ISU

CFN

Whether it's #3 or not, it certainly isn't easy, much less so easy that a winning season should be likely. Only four home conference games, and we don't play the weakest teams.
Leave it to clown fans to think that playing 4 Group of 5 schools and an FCS school is a massively tough schedule.

I will ask again if SOS is accurate then why did the Big Ten West win 3 of 5 Bowl games while the Big 12 went 2-7?

YIKES

Reactions: 83Hawk
I don't know what the camp insiders were smoking this time but I've got this ISU team as a 3 or 4 win team, with variance between 2 and 6 wins. I'd be shocked if ISU makes anything more than a minor bowl game this year, working with 2 freshmen QB's like they are. Long term, that Kohl kid might develop into something but it'll be an awkward system fit with Campbell.

Leave it to clown fans to think that playing 4 Group of 5 schools and an FCS school is a massively tough schedule.

I will ask again if SOS is accurate then why did the Big Ten West win 3 of 5 Bowl games while the Big 12 went 2-7?

YIKES
If you think meaningless bowl records mean anything anymore to measure strength of conferences you are delusional. The best players don’t play and it’s all about match ups.

For example, I’d argue that a 3-6, 7th place Big 12 OU losing by 3 to 2nd place ACC Florida State looks better than Minnesota besting a horrible Syracuse team by a TD. FSU beat the 3-5 ACC team Miami 45-3.

A 3-6 7th place KU losing on a 2 point conversion in 3 OTs to a 3-5 SEC Arkansas team should mean that level of team in the Big 12 and SEC is basically equal, right? Is that an insult?

Big 12 played teams that finished higher in their conference in almost every bowl game. But yes, please hang your hat on Minnesota beating mighty Syracuse and Wisky barely beating an OSU team with Mike Gundys walk on kid playing QB and 8 starters out.

We all know you’re still mad you lost to the last place Big 12 team at home, and the Big 12 runner up beat the Big Ten champs in the playoff. Sorry. Just stating facts.

If you think meaningless bowl records mean anything anymore to measure strength of conferences you are delusional. The best players don’t play and it’s all about match ups.

For example, I’d argue that a 3-6, 7th place Big 12 OU losing by 3 to 2nd place ACC Florida State looks better than Minnesota besting a horrible Syracuse team by a TD. FSU beat the 3-5 ACC team Miami 45-3.

A 3-6 7th place KU losing on a 2 point conversion in 3 OTs to a 3-5 SEC Arkansas team should mean that level of team in the Big 12 and SEC is basically equal, right? Is that an insult?

Big 12 played teams that finished higher in their conference in almost every bowl game. But yes, please hang your hat on Minnesota beating mighty Syracuse and Wisky barely beating an OSU team with Mike Gundys walk on kid playing QB and 8 starters out.

We all know you’re still mad you lost to the last place Big 12 team at home, and the Big 12 runner up beat the Big Ten champs in the playoff. Sorry. Just stating facts.
1:05 am and stinky is obsessing over big bro Iowa. Checks out.

If SOS was right the Big Ten West wouldn’t have won more Bowl games than the over rated Texas Ten. Oh and I will take a Bowl win over a team with a winning record from the SEC than the clowns winning their Super Bowl for the first time in 7 years.

Now run away and hide stinky you have no answer.

Last edited:
I don't know what the camp insiders were smoking this time but I've got this ISU team as a 3 or 4 win team, with variance between 2 and 6 wins. I'd be shocked if ISU makes anything more than a minor bowl game this year, working with 2 freshmen QB's like they are. Long term, that Kohl kid might develop into something but it'll be an awkward system fit with Campbell.
I don't know anyone who thinks ISU is going to be a strong team this season. That was the case even before the gambling thing created more uncertainty.

The defense should be above average.

The kicking game cost two or three games last season, and I don't see any reason to think it's going to be particularly good.

On offense, I'm not especially worried about QB. Becht was a four-star out of high school and has had a year in the program. My bigger concern is the OL.

The schedule is not good, either, for a team with a bunch of new faces. Several games that aren't among the strongest are on the road (BYU, Ohio, Cincinnati).

If we don't start the season 2-2 or better, it's hard to see a winning season.

I don't know anyone who thinks ISU is going to be a strong team this season. That was the case even before the gambling thing created more uncertainty.

The kicking game cost two or three games last season, and I don't see any reason to think it's going to be particularly good.

On offense, I'm not especially worried about QB. Becht was a four-star out of high school and has had a year in the program. My bigger concern is the OL.

The schedule is not good, either, for a team with a bunch of new faces. Several games that aren't among the strongest are on the road (BYU, Ohio, Cincinnati).

4 Group of 5 schools and an FCS school for good measure, makes for a brutal schedule.

Because clown fans say so.

You are opposite of most clone fans i know. Most are very worried about Qb. A true and RS frosh with basically no experience along with a juco. Also as for being a 4* Iowa fans will remind that petras and Christensen were also rated that. Doesn’t translate always especially with isu losing main receiving threat to nfl and top rb to gambling issues.

You are opposite of most clone fans i know. Most are very worried about Qb. A true and RS frosh with basically no experience along with a juco. Also as for being a 4* Iowa fans will remind that petras and Christensen were also rated that. Doesn’t translate always especially with isu losing main receiving threat to nfl and top rb to gambling issues.
Having been present for every Ankeny game last year, if Kohl is ISU’s QB this year, they are probably in a lot of trouble.

When he was on, he was great. He can actually move fairly well for his size, but he’s far from nimble. Looked like a legit 4 star player. Unfortunately that 4 star player only showed up two or three times all year. When he was off, he was quite bad. Capable of single-handedly losing games.

Attribute are his size and his arm. He also throws fairly well on the run.

Detriments are that he’s wildly inconsistent, not that agile, and not really a leader.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
One more attribute for Kohl. Dude can punt. Ankeny was insane to not just have him punt.

I don't believe in the star system, but its an indication he isn't chopped liver.

It's a crapshoot, as you point out. Purdy was a three-star and a true freshman when he took over the starting role.

There are just too many unknowns to make a reasonable prediction, other than it's unlikely to be a good season.

Ah yes...when offense was intended to score points...rather than run the clock out
Ah yes, and yet when we played really good teams they didn't do well either under coach Fry. The 85 team was an outlier as well, with THREE AA's on offense that were all drafted in the first round of the draft......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT