ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

Did I say it was? I am pretty sure I clearly stated Freestyle and you were the one to pull it out of that realm. Were you not?

You were the one to qualify your statement with freestyle.

Btw, your post pointing out the tie score in folk gave me everything I needed to qualify my take in your earlier position.

Our guy is the better wrestler. He would have pinned him in folk.

bac5cf0dcef26d11507830d5ee0f0360.gif

You were the one to qualify your statement with freestyle.

Btw, your post pointing out the tie score in folk gave me everything I needed to qualify my take in your earlier position.

Our guy is the better wrestler. He would have pinned him in folk.

Peace be with you. As I said he may very well be a better wrestler period. I simply saw him dominate him with freestyle moves.

I watched them wrestle a freestyle match and Cass dominated.

The guy I owe props to is Chief. He was the one that initially pointed out the freestyle gap. He is the one most deserving of serving me crow!

You simply deserve the you were right award. Chief was the one with the response that properly put me on my place.

Still, you deserve props for calling that result. I admit, I simply didn't see that happening.

Crablegs called it but to be honest, I wasn't 100% sure. Parris dominated a lot of dudes in this tournament who have more freestyle chops than him. Rolled right through it. But after seeing it, I was not surprised. I think Cass will technically be the best HWY we have had in a long time. That he has size and moves well for a big guy is a bonus...but he knows how to use both at the right times. Fellas...we have a good one. Still has to beat Hutmacher...should be a good one.

That's an interesting take. Not so sure it's a good one but definitely interesting. Both these guys are great athletes and will have some fun battles the next 4-5 years. Not so sure we see many pins though. Prove me wrong :D

Reactions: 24 so far
Not a frequent poster on the wrestling forum, curious as to if Iowa really ever looked at Shapiro? If not, why? Kid is the real deal. Think ISU is getting a pretty solid wrestler in this kid.

Wait till you see Warner? He is the real deal.

Spencer was age level dominant. So was table Steveson and Daton Fix.

Was/is Warner that dominant on the world stage???

I wanna buy the hype but I always wonder if I’m getting excited for nothing.

I don't think you are getting excited for nothing. Warner is going to be really good. I think he could potentially be a 4x AA and a national champ. I just wouldn't put him up there with Spencer, Gable, or Dayton just yet.

I don't think you are getting excited for nothing. Warner is going to be really good. I think he could potentially be a 4x AA and a national champ. I just wouldn't put him up there with Spencer, Gable, or Dayton just yet.

As of now I think the best bet to catch Cael is fix. Warner looks to me like a guy whose floor is Gilman (3x AA no titles) but a ceiling that’s 4/2.

My only point was we have a Warner why would we offer a Shapiro.

Reactions: DirkTang1
My only point was we have a Warner why would we offer a Shapiro.

Shapiro will be a 184 in college. Warner is a 197. I don't get your logic unless it's about scholarship money being available. In my opinion Shapiro will thrive in college and also possesses a great top game. I'd be shocked if he wasn't at least a 1 time all American barring injury.

Shapiro will be a 184 in college. Warner is a 197. I don't get your logic unless it's about scholarship money being available. In my opinion Shapiro will thrive in college and also possesses a great top game. I'd be shocked if he wasn't at least a 1 time all American barring injury.

Certainly hard to know the inner thoughts on stuff like this. Maybe they thought there was a high percentage chance the get Glasier and Assad and like them better. If those guys end up In the room and produce, they look like geniuses. If not, you get a lot of message board complaining.

Edit: I think they also thought their chances of getting Hoagie Hidlay were good, but that didn’t pan out.

Last edited:
What is M*’s role with team Iowa? He is in the corner of some guys (Schreiver, Happel, Brands, and maybe others) but not all of the Iowa kids. Are there multiple Iowa coaches and the kids choose who they want in their corner?

A potential one time AA needs to come into the program without much fanfare or recruitment, imo.

If we are shooting for 1 time all american by all means we should have took him. Plus I do not think after a red shirt year he will be wrestling 184.

Anything short of Lee, Gable and Fix is most assuredly wasted excitement. Wake me up when the Hawks can field a lineup of all world champs. Til then...
tenor.gif

Joel isn’t all that big. I could see him as a career 184. I think he would have done quite well as a Hawk. I’d say multi-AA. Great kid, too. I would have liked to have seen him in black and gold, but I think we’ll be in good shape anyway.

Reactions: Hunter78

Wow a one time AA??? Why weren't we all over this kid??? I'm mostly being facetious as I think he has the look of a multiple AA to me. Would have been a fine recruit but at the end of the day you can't take 'em all.

On to wrestling. Schrievers got a kid from my hood in the finals, Jonathan Prata from Downey CA. He’s a scrappy kid with some really good scrambling ability and is a bit of a pinner. He won state at 106 as a junior and placed 3rd last year pinning the Clovis kid in :30 seconds. Should be a good one, but I’ll go with Schriever in this one.

On to wrestling. Schrievers got a kid from my hood in the finals, Jonathan Prata from Downey CA. He’s a scrappy kid with some really good scrambling ability and is a bit of a pinner. He won state at 106 as a junior and placed 3rd last year pinning the Clovis kid in :30 seconds. Should be a good one, but I’ll go with Schriever in this one.

Will be fun to watch, Prata is really tall. He is one of those kids where you are not quite sure how he makes weight all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT