ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Gets A Pass This Year

I agree we aren't Kentucky, but why can't we be on Iowa State's or Wisconsin's level in recent times? Historically these programs aren't great. Without looking I think Iowa historically owns ISU in hoops almost as bad as in football.

ISU is in for a season like ours next year. In games against Cincy and Gonzaga only playing 8 guys. 6 are seniors. All his Hoiberg magic will be gone after this year. By logic of some on this board if prohm has a season like that next year put him on the hot seat or looking for a new job. Pollard may need to get a search committee together around this time next year for a new coach.

ISU is in for a season like ours next year. In games against Cincy and Gonzaga only playing 8 guys. 6 are seniors. All his Hoiberg magic will be gone after this year. By logic of some on this board if prohm has a season like that next year put him on the hot seat or looking for a new job. Pollard may need to get a search committee together around this time next year for a new coach.

I do think there will be plenty of ISU fans wanting Prohm gone if he has a horrible year next year after what will likely be 6 straight NCAA appearances.

You said guys, not one recruit. And you didn't say just under Fran you said ever.
ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247 have him ranked 43rd, 42nd,43rd and 42nd respectively.

Smith was an equally ranked recruit.
Ricky Davis was probably the best recruit ever from the state of Iowa probably neck and neck with Barnes. They didn't have all these ratings services back then but he would be a 5 star kid. he probably could have gone straight to the draft from High School.
Cliff Kingsbury
Roy Marble
Kenyon Murray
Ed Horton
Brad Lohaus
Al Lorenzen
Ray Thompson
Glen Worley

You also don't know what Weiskamp will end up ranked at as a Senior. Don't get me wrong he is a good recruit but better than they have ever had is wrong even looking at where he is ranked now.
Weiskamp is ranked 35th in 247. Smith was ranked below that in every single ranking. Equally as in lower? I'm wrong, when you can put a ranking by any one of those guys to say they were higher than 35th. Until then, root on your clones.

WTF does that have to do with recruiting rankings? You're the Dipshit! What AA team you are chosen for has NOTHING to do with your ability to play high D-1 basketball! It is an award for your high school accomplishments. You don't even know how this works! Why am I arguing with you? Your going on ignore! Any with your level of ignorance shouldn't be posting. And I'm a 45 yr old man. I'm older than Kenyon. Who was a much better athlete than Wieskamp, by the way. I'll ask him if he thinks that's true too.
Nothing you just said made sense. Nothing. Joe is ranked higher as a recuit, which we are arguing here, than any other recruit we've gotten, since they've had recruiting rankings. You're a 45 year old man who acts like 13. Let me know when you find someone who was ranked higher.

Weiskamp is ranked 35th in 247. Smith was ranked below that in every single ranking. Equally as in lower? I'm wrong, when you can put a ranking by any one of those guys to say they were higher than 35th. Until then, root on your clones.

Actually that is the composite ranking. They rank him differently.
Just admit when you are wrong.

You said guys, not one recruit. And you didn't say just under Fran you said ever.
ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247 have him ranked 43rd, 42nd,43rd and 42nd respectively.

Ricky Davis was probably the best recruit ever from the state of Iowa probably neck and neck with Barnes. They didn't have all these ratings services back then but he would be a 5 star kid. he probably could have gone straight to the draft from High School.
Cliff Kingsbury
Roy Marble
Kenyon Murray
Ed Horton
Brad Lohaus
Al Lorenzen
Ray Thompson
Glen Worley

You also don't know what Weiskamp will end up ranked at as a Senior. Don't get me wrong he is a good recruit but better than they have ever had is wrong even looking at where he is ranked now.
Yeah, Ricky Davis was clearly better than Korver, Hoiberg, Lefrentz, Collison, and Heinrich for starters. Wow.

Actually that is the composite ranking. They rank him differently.
Just admit when you are wrong.
How do you not understand this simple logic? Find someone that was ranked higher than that. Smith isn't it. Find some one, then I'll happily admit I'm wrong. You're trying way too hard to diminish a kid before he's even on campus. Then you used random speculation to say he could get worse. Well, I guess he could get better too, right?

How do you not understand this simple logic? Find someone that was ranked higher than that. Smith isn't it. Find some one, then I'll happily admit I'm wrong. You're trying way too hard to diminish a kid before he's even on campus. Then you used random speculation to say he could get worse. Well, I guess he could get better too, right?

I am not trying to diminish him. Simply pointing out that he isn't a kid that is ranked higher than any other recruit they have gotten. Now if you want to play games and say only since the internet ratings sites started rating fine. But that isn't what you said. I think he is a great recruit and is going to be a really good college player. Just pointing out to you Iowa has plenty of really highly ranked that were more highly thought of recruits than Weiskamp. For some reason you want to diminish former Iowa recruits. I don't understand why?

Cliff Kingsbury
Roy Marble
Kenyon Murray
Ed Horton
Brad Lohaus
Al Lorenzen
Ray Thompson
Glen Worley

Considering there hasn't been more then 26 five star recruits in every single year, and I just listed where he was behind 30 other players in his class, I'm interested how you came to this conclusion. I list actual numbers, you list your opinion. Solid work.

Reactions: Ree4
I am not trying to diminish him. Simply pointing out that he isn't a kid that is ranked higher than any other recruit they have gotten. Now if you want to play games and say only since the internet ratings sites started rating fine. But that isn't what you said. I think he is a great recruit and is going to be a really good college player. Just pointing out to you Iowa has plenty of really highly ranked that were more highly thought of recruits than Weiskamp. For some reason you want to diminish former Iowa recruits. I don't understand why?
More highly thought of, and higher ranked are two different things. You are aware of that right. I never said he is the most highly thought of recruit we have ever had, I said he is the highest ranked. You're trying to argue against something that I never said. There has never been a recruit, that has had a recruiting ranking higher than Weiskamp's. There was a reason I said that, you think? Clearly, Roy Marble was probably the most highly thought of recruit we have ever had.

More highly thought of, and higher ranked are two different things. You are aware of that right. I never said he is the most highly thought of recruit we have ever had, I said he is the highest ranked. You're trying to argue against something that I never said. There has never been a recruit, that has had a recruiting ranking higher than Weiskamp's. There was a reason I said that, you think? Clearly, Roy Marble was probably the most highly thought of recruit we have ever had.

I would bet if you could find archives of Bob Gibbons ratings almost all of those guys I listed would have higher rankings. Most were mcdonalds all americans.

Considering there hasn't been more then 26 five star recruits in every single year, and I just listed where he was behind 30 other players in his class, I'm interested how you came to this conclusion. I list actual numbers, you list your opinion. Solid work.

You are basing it arbitrarily on Parade All american teams and assuming that Ricky wasn't a better recruit than some of the others ranked above him.

Let me remind you that he was invited to the only other end of the year tournament at that time besides McD all american game, The Magic Johnson Roundball Classic and scored 27 points and was the Co MVP. McGrady scored 13 in that game. I watched the dude play in HS. He was an elite athlete. I have never seen a player like that play for an Iowa HS.

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
You are basing it arbitrarily on Parade All american teams and assuming that Ricky wasn't a better recruit than some of the others ranked above him.

Let me remind you that he was invited to the only other end of the year tournament at that time besides McD all american game, The Magic Johnson Roundball Classic and scored 27 points and was the Co MVP. McGrady scored 13 in that game. I watched the dude play in HS. He was an elite athlete. I have never seen a player like that play for an Iowa HS.
The Parade All American was the only thing I could find back then on Ricky Davis. I actually went back to try to prove myself wrong, as it peaked my interest in all the players we have recruited. I played at the same time as Ricky Davis and Dean Oliver, I know how good he was. However, nowhere was there a ranking next to his name that was higher than Joes. Look, if you didn't understand what I was saying the first time, you aren't going to understand it the 20th. You're arguing something I'm not. There are many players that had lower recruiting "rankings" than Joe, that probably went on to have way better careers, and vice versa. However, at this point, the recruiting ranking is the only thing we have on Joe, and it's higher than any ranked player we've ever gotten. If you find a ranking on some of the guys you are talking about, please link it, until then, have a good day. It's also really weird, that your entire last statement was arbitrary. It's almost like you are arguing with yourself.

Reactions: Ree4
The Parade All American was the only thing I could find back then on Ricky Davis. I actually went back to try to prove myself wrong, as it peaked my interest in all the players we have recruited. I played at the same time as Ricky Davis and Dean Oliver, I know how good he was. However, nowhere was there a ranking next to his name that was higher than Joes. Look, if you didn't understand what I was saying the first time, you aren't going to understand it the 20th. You're arguing something I'm not. There are many players that had lower recruiting "rankings" than Joe, that probably went on to have way better careers, and vice versa. However, at this point, the recruiting ranking is the only thing we have on Joe, and it's higher than any ranked player we've ever gotten. If you find a ranking on some of the guys you are talking about, please link it, until then, have a good day. It's also really weird, that your entire last statement was arbitrary. It's almost like you are arguing with yourself.

False.Try again.

Exactly. People that didn't see him play, don't get it. Could you imagine Wieskamp trying to defend Ricky man on man? And I like Wieskamp and think he's going to be a good college player but he could never effectively guard a guy like Ricky.

People can argue until the end of time, but until Fran and his staff figure out how to recruiter better guards, it won't matter. We will see tonight how guard play impacts games. Unfortunately for us the lack of impact will be telling.

People can argue until the end of time, but until Fran and his staff figure out how to recruiter better guards, it won't matter. We will see tonight how guard play impacts games. Unfortunately for us the lack of impact will be telling.

:) jesus it doesn't get any better when ones own posts comes back.....ya we sure did see how the guard play impacted the game tonite...and no don't bother replying..:p ...

Reactions: Ree4 and ZumaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT