ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

You don't have men's? Shoot... well we don't either. I didn't think you had field hockey but we are really good.
Yeah, somebody posted that y’all play woman’s basketball. Cool.

Like other side of the pillow cool!! Your ladies rock!

Hole-eeee CRAP!

starwars-obi-wan.gif

This sounds like someone from Miserychant

"Great to see this lying fraud finally outed. Those of us who know him have done our homework and found out he never attended William and Mary or Florida State. He also told a lot of us he played football at FSU. Kind of hard to be on a team that has no record of you and a registrar that has no record of his enrollment. He always made claims of being in Blackhawk Down and told some of us he was wounded and earned a bronze star for valor. He is a total fraud and can not be believed on any topic. We even found his marriage license to his first wife and he even lied about his age."

Pben used to post with me on the gaturd site, even exchanged a few private emails. Once all this ☝️stuff went down...POOF! I haven't heard from him since. I used to post with Pben, Scout, SBnation, Nashnole, FSULaura, etc. until Terry No Soul ruined it. For years the gator site was the safest place to post until...

8anxmp.gif

GIAHORTers.....retire to Florida and make the drive to Trailerhassee when Iowa visits

Pben used to post with me on the gaturd site, even exchanged a few private emails. Once all this ☝️stuff went down...POOF! I haven't heard from him since. I used to post with Pben, Scout, SBnation, Nashnole, FSULaura, etc. until Terry No Soul ruined it. For years the gator site was the safest place to post until...

8anxmp.gif
Looks like he’s still claiming to have gone to fsu.

I'm not in any way a lawyer, but a few random observations about this...

1) Other than Wake Forest, nobody associated with the other ACC schools in any other capacity made any kind of statement of support for the ACC. That's telling to me. I'm pretty sure that's because every other school is hoping to have an exit point and don't want to be embarrassed later, or at the very least know the exit of FSU and others is inevitable. The lack of official response is VERY different from the past, when FSU to the Big 12 rumors abounded, or when Maryland left. Nobody, other than Wake, is caping up for the ACC.

2) This is an incredibly embarrassing look for the ACC. The fact that it got to this point, when it could have been avoided at several points, implies to me that the conference and schools really couldn't muster any kind of fortitude around saving the conference as is. Combined with the first point, it just doesn't seem like there is very much enthusiasm to try to salvage the conference.

3) Suing your way out of the GOR has always been called the longest of long shots...it's been referred to over and over as iron-clad. That said, now that it's out there, I'm not seeing a lot of legal and quasi-legal analysis that totally dismisses the legitimacy of the suit. Of course, there's little that claim that FSU has a slam dunk case either. But one likely possibility of FSU taking legal action to get out was that the claims would be laughable on their face, a total quixotic "hail Mary." Now that it's out there, the fact that the general reaction is mostly "hmm, let's see where this goes" rather than laughter is probably a good sign.

4) There's a common sentiment out there that "Nobody cared when other schools moved, but now FSU is being criticized." I strongly disagree. Almost all the blowback has been from pissed fans of other ACC schools, which is totally meaningless. Other than the recent terrible Pat Forde column, the usual pearl-clutching think pieces about how the almighty dollar has destroyed a beloved conference instution has not followed this the way it did the TX/OU or USC/UCLA moves, or earlier moves. There are very few tears being shed by national college football personalities, or even ACC regional media. I would never go so far as to say that the media are "on FSU's side" on this, but I think 99% of them absolutely understand FSU's (and Clemson's) position on this and know that a future in the ACC is untenable. In that small way, the playoff snub actually helped...EVERYONE who knows college football knows now that FSU and Clemson MUST get out of the ACC to continue to play at the highest level. That really blunts the effectiveness of the "FSU is the villain" narrative. Everyone know wolves have to eat. It helps that virtually nobody gives a shit about ACC football, and it will mostly not be missed.

To me, those four points make me feel that a reasonable settlement is just a matter of time. You have an extremely motivated and determined and invested FSU on one side and an inept, ununified, unorganized and unbeloved ACC on the other. Obviously the actual law matters...but there's the law, and there's reality. Public opinion matters, fortitude and dedication matters. And I just don't see the dysfunctional shell that is the current ACC having the fortitude to see it all the way to a judge pinning FSU's shoulders to the map.

Looks like he’s still claiming to have gone to fsu.
This reminds me of our local SATX hero, Richard Soto. This guy claimed to have graduated from FSU and stood up our local Alamo Seminoles Club and severed as President. ...that was until the KSAT 12 news team showed up during the Clemson game asking him about fraud accusations and a fake FSU diploma.

Reactions: BelemNole

1) Other than Wake Forest, nobody associated with the other ACC schools in any other capacity made any kind of statement of support for the ACC. That's telling to me. I'm pretty sure that's because every other school is hoping to have an exit point and don't want to be embarrassed later, or at the very least know the exit of FSU and others is inevitable. The lack of official response is VERY different from the past, when FSU to the Big 12 rumors abounded, or when Maryland left. Nobody, other than Wake, is caping up for the ACC.

2) This is an incredibly embarrassing look for the ACC. The fact that it got to this point, when it could have been avoided at several points, implies to me that the conference and schools really couldn't muster any kind of fortitude around saving the conference as is. Combined with the first point, it just doesn't seem like there is very much enthusiasm to try to salvage the conference.

3) Suing your way out of the GOR has always been called the longest of long shots...it's been referred to over and over as iron-clad. That said, now that it's out there, I'm not seeing a lot of legal and quasi-legal analysis that totally dismisses the legitimacy of the suit. Of course, there's little that claim that FSU has a slam dunk case either. But one likely possibility of FSU taking legal action to get out was that the claims would be laughable on their face, a total quixotic "hail Mary." Now that it's out there, the fact that the general reaction is mostly "hmm, let's see where this goes" rather than laughter is probably a good sign.

4) There's a common sentiment out there that "Nobody cared when other schools moved, but now FSU is being criticized." I strongly disagree. Almost all the blowback has been from pissed fans of other ACC schools, which is totally meaningless. Other than the recent terrible Pat Forde column, the usual pearl-clutching think pieces about how the almighty dollar has destroyed a beloved conference instution has not followed this the way it did the TX/OU or USC/UCLA moves, or earlier moves. There are very few tears being shed by national college football personalities, or even ACC regional media. I would never go so far as to say that the media are "on FSU's side" on this, but I think 99% of them absolutely understand FSU's (and Clemson's) position on this and know that a future in the ACC is untenable. In that small way, the playoff snub actually helped...EVERYONE who knows college football knows now that FSU and Clemson MUST get out of the ACC to continue to play at the highest level. That really blunts the effectiveness of the "FSU is the villain" narrative. Everyone know wolves have to eat. It helps that virtually nobody gives a shit about ACC football, and it will mostly not be missed.

To me, those four points make me feel that a reasonable settlement is just a matter of time. You have an extremely motivated and determined and invested FSU on one side and an inept, ununified, unorganized and unbeloved ACC on the other. Obviously the actual law matters...but there's the law, and there's reality. Public opinion matters, fortitude and dedication matters. And I just don't see the dysfunctional shell that is the current ACC having the fortitude to see it all the way to a judge pinning FSU's shoulders to the map.
I wonder who someone like EJ Manual thinks about this.

On one hand, his FSU love has to have him supporting us.

On the other hand, where does he go when the ACCN dies?

Reactions: BelemNole

As a stand alone opinion, I really wish that magically football could go to the BIG and rest of our programs could remain ACC. Basketball, Baseball, soccer, T&F, etc… are a solid fit there.

I read that thread every couple of days. Allnoles seems like he has a fair amount of knowledge going on in the background

Allnoles is sharp. I don’t know if you saw my earlier post about him. He argued for one of the parties in Bush v Gore in the Florida courts.

I don’t know if he has any inside information. What I did notice in his recent posts, before my 1 dollar for a year subscription expired, was that he is very good about cutting through bs and bringing people back to reality.

Allnoles is sharp. I don’t know if you saw my earlier post about him. He argued for one of the parties in Bush v Gore in the Florida courts.

I don’t know if he has any inside information. What I did notice in his recent posts, before my 1 dollar for a year subscription expired, was that he is very good about cutting through bs and bringing people back to reality.
He is very good about that and he does ruffle some feathers doing it.

Genetics56 aka Big Ten Information also posts in that thread. I’d look to see if he has any recent replies to the thread.

I'm not on Warchant but I follow Genetics56 on Twitter. He's hit and miss, more miss than hit lately.

I've been in this realignment game for 10+ years, and Genetics follows the same pattern as many of these guys.
Gets one bit of information from someone that comes true. Maybe that source is a real deal insider, maybe that source just got lucky in that their scenario was the one that happened. Gets cred as a realignment guru, but he doesn't have any more ongoing REAL information, because his source only had visibility on that one thing, or more likely was making an educated guess that hit.

But everyone now is pumping them for more info, and so the new guru NEEDS more information to share. Which becomes a mix of his own speculation, and other "realignment gurus" and randos that DM them. They love the attention, and they can't just step back and be like "Sorry that's all I got."

I can guarantee that I could DM Genetics, tell him a cloak and dagger story about my inside access, and get my misinformation on his Twitter feed. No vetting of me whatsoever, no trying to corroborate with another insider, nothing. Because these guys are desperate to keep their clout.

I know that, because it happened to me. One of the guys that was a pretty big Twitter/message board insider in the realignment wars of like 2012 used to email back and forth with me. He would ask me my opinion of what thought FSU was thinking, or what they would do. I have NEVER claimed to have any info, I just like to read the tea leaves and try to speculate where things were going, and I gave him some thoughts about what I though FSU was probably thinking and might do. A couple days later, my speculation was posted on his twitter AS FACT from an FSU insider.

I'm about 95% sure that's the phase of this thing that Genetics is in now...desperate to drop knowledge from any source he can get it.

I have to say, compared to other conferences, the ACC and especially FSU have always been locked down extremely tight as far as sources and leaks. I'm dubious of anyone claiming they know for sure what's going on behind the scenes with those parties. Going way way back to the ACC's expansion to 12 with Miami, VT and BC, there was a guy on Warchant, I think something like MNole, who had real deal info. He was the real thing. In my opinion, there hasn't been one since.

How reliable is Regal Nole on Warchant? He is hinting that it is a done deal.

I don't know him on Warchant, but I do on Twitter. I think he's less of an insider and more of a savvy observer, but I don't know.

I also expect that its more of less a done deal in a sense, that we will be leaving the ACC, and the B1G will take us.

But the pieces are still moving, and I think there is still no real clarity on:
- how much the settlement will be
- Who will come with us
- Will the SEC invite us to counter the B1G in the South (which can apply to our moving partners as well, perhaps differently than to us)

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
I'm not on Warchant but I follow Genetics56 on Twitter. He's hit and miss, more miss than hit lately.

I've been in this realignment game for 10+ years, and Genetics follows the same pattern as many of these guys.
Gets one bit of information from someone that comes true. Maybe that source is a real deal insider, maybe that source just got lucky in that their scenario was the one that happened. Gets cred as a realignment guru, but he doesn't have any more ongoing REAL information, because his source only had visibility on that one thing, or more likely was making an educated guess that hit.

But everyone now is pumping them for more info, and so the new guru NEEDS more information to share. Which becomes a mix of his own speculation, and other "realignment gurus" and randos that DM them. They love the attention, and they can't just step back and be like "Sorry that's all I got."

I can guarantee that I could DM Genetics, tell him a cloak and dagger story about my inside access, and get my misinformation on his Twitter feed. No vetting of me whatsoever, no trying to corroborate with another insider, nothing. Because these guys are desperate to keep their clout.

I know that, because it happened to me. One of the guys that was a pretty big Twitter/message board insider in the realignment wars of like 2012 used to email back and forth with me. He would ask me my opinion of what thought FSU was thinking, or what they would do. I have NEVER claimed to have any info, I just like to read the tea leaves and try to speculate where things were going, and I gave him some thoughts about what I though FSU was probably thinking and might do. A couple days later, my speculation was posted on his twitter AS FACT from an FSU insider.

I'm about 95% sure that's the phase of this thing that Genetics is in now...desperate to drop knowledge from any source he can get it.

I have to say, compared to other conferences, the ACC and especially FSU have always been locked down extremely tight as far as sources and leaks. I'm dubious of anyone claiming they know for sure what's going on behind the scenes with those parties. Going way way back to the ACC's expansion to 12 with Miami, VT and BC, there was a guy on Warchant, I think something like MNole, who had real deal info. He was the real thing. In my opinion, there hasn't been one since.
I hear ya. Some random guy posts a ridiculous story about a friend who used to work at ESPN and claims the network is paying UGA players to play the game. A few hours later that screen shot shows up on NOLES ONLY FB group with this lead, "Have you seen this article?" I'm like "article"???? Lady, that's a trolling message board post.

It's no wonder the Russians have such an easy time with misinformation campaigns. People, en masse, are dumb.

I read that thread every couple of days. Allnoles seems like he has a fair amount of knowledge going on in the background
AllNoles and Mrs. AllNoles are friends
and he is indeed a very accomplished attorney who is not connected to anything going on with a possible exit for FSU.
And he’s been a very reliable “hold on a minute let’s not pack the suitcase yet” guy on the message boards.
His concerns are that there doesn’t seem to have been any moving the dial on negotiations since the BOT announced in August that FSU could not afford to stay in the ACC and that they would be exploring their options.
That and some other things a good attorney would notice.
One of the interesting things recently coming to light is that ESPN doesn’t have a contract with the ACC beyond 2027 yet the ACC has member schools tied up until 2036. Huh?

One of the interesting things recently coming to light is that ESPN doesn’t have a contract with the ACC beyond 2027 yet the ACC has member schools tied up until 2036. Huh?

I'm really interested in how much the member schools knew about that when they signed the GOR. That was shocking new information that appeared nowhere before our lawsuit. Did the ACC deceive the schools about that? It seems crazy to me that the schools all knew about that, and yet it never came out.

Another guy not as active on Warchant but who has a solid B1G connection is fsutep7.

I'm really interested in how much the member schools knew about that when they signed the GOR. That was shocking new information that appeared nowhere before our lawsuit. Did the ACC deceive the schools about that? It seems crazy to me that the schools all knew about that, and yet it never came out.
The two craziest parts of this (for me) are:

1. No contract ($$$) past 2027
2. The GOR is basically locked up in North Carolina like the recipe for Coke.

Imagine signing a 50+ page contract, then never seeing it again.

Season 3 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX

The #2 is so mind blowing.
ALL the contracts we process go through legal, and it’s a data system we’re transferring the documents through for review and sign off.
The idea we wouldn’t have a copy is just unfathomable.

Reactions: alaskanseminole

Perhaps the original, but I cannot imagine a world in which any ACC university didn't retain a copy of the most important financial document in its war chest.

Perhaps the original, but I cannot imagine a world in which any ACC university didn't retain a copy of the most important financial document in its war chest.

The only copy is at the ACC offices. FSU’s lawyers have had to make multiple trips to Charlotte to review the contract. They can’t take pictures. They can take notes but they can’t copy verbatim. There are ACC employees in the room watching them while they review the contract.

You'll need to expand your imagination, then because FSU sent their attorneys to North Carolina more than once this summer to review the GOR while being closely supervised by ACC administration. We, nor any other ACC school has a copy of it unless everybody is lying and open testimony.

The only copy is at the ACC offices. FSU’s lawyers have had to make multiple trips to Charlotte to review the contract. They can’t take pictures. They can take notes but they can’t copy verbatim. There are ACC employees in the room watching them while they review the contract.
That is the most batshit crazy thing I’ve ever heard, in the world of contracts.

That is the most batshit crazy thing I’ve ever heard, in the world of contracts.

It's par for the course for FSU dealing with this horrendously bad conference. They are bad at literally everything except cashing their equal share check (the 15 conference teams and the ACC home office split the money 16 ways) and aggressively litigating to keep their cash cow (FSU) locked in to a very one sided deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT