ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

You'll need to expand your imagination, then because FSU sent their attorneys to North Carolina more than once this summer to review the GOR while being closely supervised by ACC administration. We, nor any other ACC school has a copy of it unless everybody is lying and open testimony.
Doesn’t that violate open records laws / FOIA in some way?

Consider also that FSU's media value would go up significantly in the B1G. We would be on FOX, CBS or NBC most weeks rather than on some secondary channel like the ACC Network or The CW. When are on ABC or the main ESPN channel, we draw big viewership numbers.

Last edited:
You'll need to expand your imagination, then because FSU sent their attorneys to North Carolina more than once this summer to review the GOR while being closely supervised by ACC administration. We, nor any other ACC school has a copy of it unless everybody is lying and open testimony.
If I'm the new FSU president, and I hear this, I show up with some lineman and photograph every page and tell them to try and do something about it, I'll see you in court.

That shit can't be enforceable in Florida, and if they get some kind of judgement against FSU in another state, isn't the Darling case illustrative in that nothing will happen to pay it if the legislature doesn't concur?

What’s your point?

Once jurisdiction has been settled, we can see what the ACC’s position is

You said we are crazy for believing that only one copy exists and that we can only view it with ACC lawyers sitting in the room monitoring for compliance. Do you have any evidence that FSU and it's lawyers are lying to both the public and the court?

Jurisdiction was never settled when Maryland left the ACC. There were concurrent lawsuits in Maryland and N Carolina. A negotiated exit was eventually reached.

Last edited:
You said we are crazy for believing that only one copy exists and that we can only view it with ACC lawyers sitting in the room monitoring for compliance. Do you have any evidence that FSU and it's lawyers are lying to both the public and the court?

I know that it's a popular method to argue by now, but I'm not interested in proving a negative. Let's just stick to facts now

That's not FSU's stance, "We're too good for the ACC" the stance was the ACC isn't putting itself in a situation to be successful (financially) long term. And since that is fact, basically Clemson and FSU are carrying a conference that just doesn't prioritize football. I cannot stand Finebaum.

Last edited:
If, this is true, we’re gone. Also, Jim Phillips should be immediately fired.

8hOPBE8.png

"If you disagree with me pull up the ACC v. Maryland lawsuit. Read that. Read what they already admitted to. After that: The exit fee wasn’t enough so they came up with the GOR to keep the rest of you in line. Goes through 2027. (ESPN is the consideration for it) and ESPN issued an ultimatum (according to our complaint) to go through 2036 and your commissioner unilaterally extended their option on the ACC Network after to help make that happen. But that required action by the schools. As they have cited with the constitution with the previous lawsuit. They even say it’s a contract in their previous suit. Fast forward all these years. Do you really want Florida State getting to discovery and figure out what happened after that point? Good luck. We’re the first to sue in this.

BTW: ESPN signed over a billion dollar deal with the SEC Network that goes into effect this year.

I’m gonna go back to watching underwater basket weaving on the ACC network now. Have a blessed Tuesday everyone."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT