ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

So I’ve been following the On3 thread on the FSU board (which is an awesome thread to follow) and something irked me. Do all southern folk all think their tailgating, stadium atmosphere, and BBQ is the best in the country? There have been couple of people saying the North doesn’t have good BBQ lol. Has no one from FSU been to Kansas City? Also the BIG tailgating is on par if not better than a lot of southern football programs lol.

Bruce Wayne Batman GIF by C8

So I’ve been following the On3 thread on the FSU board (which is an awesome thread to follow) and something irked me. Do all southern folk all think their tailgating, stadium atmosphere, and BBQ is the best in the country? There have been couple of people saying the North doesn’t have good BBQ lol. Has no one from FSU been to Kansas City? Also the BIG tailgating is on par if not better than a lot of southern football programs lol.
I've lived in many places and traveled all over and BBQ in FL, GA, AL and SC is hit or miss... much like in Iowa. Some good and some not so good. Best BBQ I've had has been Texas. Had some good stuff in TN and KC too. As for tailgate/game atmosphere... That's going to vary from team to team no matter the conference. But, I've bene to many B1G, B12 and PAC locations and B1G is far and away better overall. Can't speak to the SEC or ACC. I have a friend out east and he will say tailgating sucks east of Penn State.

That's all I know. Carry on.

What are you basing your opinion on? How many northern/southern tailgates have you personally experienced?

What are you basing your opinion on? How many northern/southern tailgates have you personally experienced?
I’ve been to plenty of Tailgates all around the yankee land but none down south. But I do want to hit a lot of those tailgates in SEC country because they look sick AF

I just can’t see how much better a tailgating scene is down south compared to an Iowa city. In the Midwest we are big people that are drunkards and love to party

I have to defend the north from the serious accusations of the southerners

When you see people in the south complaining about “the north,” they are talking about NY, Boston and the NE. They are correct about bbq in those areas. With the exception of Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, it is straight garbage.

I had some Long Island friends excitedly telling me they were going to bbq. Turns out they were grilling and that wasn’t even good.

Reactions: goldmom
When you see people in the south complaining about “the north,” they are talking about NY, Boston and the NE. They are correct about bbq in those areas. With the exception of Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse, it is straight garbage.

I had some Long Island friends excitedly telling me they were going to bbq. Turns out they were grilling and that wasn’t even good.
I feel like that is probably because the influence from the British still runs deep in the NE. Come to the Midwest and you have fantastic BBQ and casseroles plus tons of booze

I feel like that is probably because the influence from the British still runs deep in the NE. Come to the Midwest and you have fantastic BBQ and casseroles plus tons of booze

I’ve been to KC many times. I used to go to Wichita for work and would fly to KC and drive just so I could have bbq. Joe’s, LC’’s and Danny Edward’s Boulevard BBQ are my favorites. Gate’s is solid. Arthur Bryan’s was terrible.

I kept hearing about Q39 but never went. A fraterno was there a few weeks ago and went to Q39 and said it was really good. I will try it next time I am in KC.

I’ve been to plenty of Tailgates all around the yankee land but none down south. But I do want to hit a lot of those tailgates in SEC country because they look sick AF

I just can’t see how much better a tailgating scene is down south compared to an Iowa city. In the Midwest we are big people that are drunkards and love to party
A lot of it probably has to do with weather. The last northern tailgate I attended was in South Bend in November. The temp was in the mid 20s. People were huddled up inside their tents with protective sides and a heater. The lack of interaction kind of killed the atmosphere.

Reactions: goldmom
I’ve been to KC many times. I used to go to Wichita for work and would fly to KC and drive just so I could have bbq. Joe’s, LC’’s and Danny Edward’s Boulevard BBQ are my favorites. Gate’s is solid. Arthur Bryan’s was terrible.

I kept hearing about Q39 but never went. A fraterno was there a few weeks ago and went to Q39 and said it was really good. I will try it next time I am in KC.
Q-39 is top notch and I highly recommend that but I would say Joes is the best BBQ in the area that I’ve tried so far. For BBQ in Iowa there is a lot of KC influence for sure.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
A lot of it probably has to do with weather. The last northern tailgate I attended was in South Bend in November. The temp was in the mid 20s. People were huddled up inside their tents with protective sides and a heater. The lack of interaction kind of killed the atmosphere.
Meh, sounds like a bunch of wussies. No reason to be huddled up like that unless it’s super windy and below freezing imo. 20 degrees with normal wind is nothing with the right winter outfits. But then again you were in south bend 🤷🏽‍♂️

So I’ve been following the On3 thread on the FSU board (which is an awesome thread to follow)

Anything interesting in that thread that we haven’t heard from the other sources posted here? Ira, JCS and the lawyer seem to agree that FSU will be out of the ACC sometime in the next 18 months and it will cost us no more than 200 million.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
I wouldn't mind going to a game in Tally in early November to see the Hawks run over the Noles. A W, warm weather and beaches... What's not to like?

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Anything interesting in that thread that we haven’t heard from the other sources posted here? Ira, JCS and the lawyer seem to agree that FSU will be out of the ACC sometime in the next 18 months and it will cost us no more than 200 million.
Ok, I can’t resist getting in the fray anymore. Those of you who know me know I have been a motivational speaker, and a part time chaplain to FSU for 24 years. I will throw out a few things I have knowledge of since @Regal Nole dropped a nuclear bomb today!

This is being kept so close to the vest inside FSU that coaches and irreplaceable staff have no clue where we are going, just that we are out soon.

1. We will have to play our 2024 schedule, whether we are in the ACC or Independent this year. It is too late to change travel, hotel, and airline arrangements. The first thing that would change if we played a different schedule would be the travel plans for hotels and charter jets, this has not been done as of today.

2. We will be in the same category as Notre Dame. It may benefit us to not play a conference championship game and have that extra bye week. If we are 12-0 we are in the CFP.

3. The staff I know doesn’t seem to favor one conference over another, just all agree they want out of the ACC.

4. What I have been told is that the rough plans are laid out and there are options. They are very confident that all options have been researched, planned for, and prepared.

5. it has been intimated to me it will be a quick, knife cut clean, separation when it happens. Also FSU is the one that will make the move and it will be when least expected.

6. it works out perfect to have a farewell tour to say, (SORRY I DO NOT CUSS BUT YOU CAN ADD YOUR FAVORITE EXPLETIVE HERE). One great season to dominate like last season and leave this desolate, dying, despicable organization in a swath of blood and victories.

if I am privy to get anything else I will share what I can, if I can. GO NOLES

I've been to games around the country - the south does tailgating and football games better. The PAC does it the worst.
Sorry, not sorry.

Reactions: noleclone2
I've been to games around the country - the south does tailgating and football games better. The PAC does it the worst.
Sorry, not sorry.
Pretty sure the "A" in PAC stands for 'apathy'.

There's quite a few reasons the conference is about to fold. The PAC covers a huge, largely sparsely populated area where many residents are transplants from other states (or other countries) - some of whom have brought their loyalties with them. Being two or three time zones away from the rest of the college football world often meant fewer eyes watching, resulting in less revenue generated by ads. And outside of USC's brief period of dominance two decades ago, the conference has underperformed on a national stage. Oregon's been trying to pick up the torch but just can't get over the hump.

College sports by and large are third or fourth fiddle out west. They don't trump the NFL like it does in the South, nor is it balanced like it is in the Midwest.

I sincerely hope I get to see the looks on the faces of many of you native GIAORT fans at our first inaugural tailgate at Doak Campbell Stadium in 2025 as you gawk at the talent walking around in 75 degree weather in late October. Except @bhawk24bob - sorry, you blew it.

PS the BBQ scene in Tallahassee is pretty lame.

Hey, if I’m going to the game I’m getting time over in Destin. Only need to be in Tally long enough to see the Hawks win. ;)
So, leave at halftime when it’s obvious your crackerjack offense has built the old insurmountable lead, huh?

Reactions: BelemNole
Ok, I can’t resist getting in the fray anymore. Those of you who know me know I have been a motivational speaker, and a part time chaplain to FSU for 24 years. I will throw out a few things I have knowledge of since @Regal Nole dropped a nuclear bomb today!

This is being kept so close to the vest inside FSU that coaches and irreplaceable staff have no clue where we are going, just that we are out soon.

1. We will have to play our 2024 schedule, whether we are in the ACC or Independent this year. It is too late to change travel, hotel, and airline arrangements. The first thing that would change if we played a different schedule would be the travel plans for hotels and charter jets, this has not been done as of today.

2. We will be in the same category as Notre Dame. It may benefit us to not play a conference championship game and have that extra bye week. If we are 12-0 we are in the CFP.

3. The staff I know doesn’t seem to favor one conference over another, just all agree they want out of the ACC.

4. What I have been told is that the rough plans are laid out and there are options. They are very confident that all options have been researched, planned for, and prepared.

5. it has been intimated to me it will be a quick, knife cut clean, separation when it happens. Also FSU is the one that will make the move and it will be when least expected.

6. it works out perfect to have a farewell tour to say, (SORRY I DO NOT CUSS BUT YOU CAN ADD YOUR FAVORITE EXPLETIVE HERE). One great season to dominate like last season and leave this desolate, dying, despicable organization in a swath of blood and victories.

if I am privy to get anything else I will share what I can, if I can. GO NOLES
So you’re ALSO “RealRichNick” on Warchant or you’re doing s copy and paste.
Alrighty then.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
JCS and a lawyer who is best known for asking “Where’s the loyalty Jimbo?”

Court DENIES FSU motion in North Carolina | NO BIG DEAL? | ACC Lawsuit | FSU Lawsuit

Mike asks Jimbo Fisher about loyalty

Last edited:
I expected him to keep the nc case going in nc. His reasoning on some of the counts is straight nonsense.

Yep, the judge would have needed to rule against his personal interest to let such a juicy politically charged and national attention case go to another jurisdiction. This is his chance to apply political leverage for his future career so of course he’s not going to let it go.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT