ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold

He didn't duck anybody because he never called out the reigning champion by name and said he was coming for him and was going to beat him and win the title as a freshman. If you do all of that and then don't show up on the mat when it's time to put your money where your mouth is, that is ducking in the highest degree. He called Starocci overrated then ducked him. That's pretty lame.

I kind of loved him until he ducked out. Those are words you need to back up.
Do we know the line ups for PSU already?? If he has a serious back injury we won see him until next year, and that’s not ducking. It’s also not ducking if the coach puts him at 184 to try to steal a win there and let Pk start getting a feel for star.

He didn't duck anybody because he never called out the reigning champion by name and said he was coming for him and was going to beat him and win the title as a freshman. If you do all of that and then don't show up on the mat when it's time to put your money where your mouth is, that is ducking in the highest degree. He called Starocci overrated then ducked him. That's pretty lame.

You lost me. How has he ducked a dual yet to happen?

I’m assuming this is a typo. The YOUNGEST Ferrari mans 197? Dude won Ironman at 165 a month ago. He’s going to have to bulk up to be a legit 184lber. 174 is probably his natural weight
I thought he was projected to be a 184lber, but i could be wrong. He looks more like he will be around the size of AJ in college from pictures.

He is redshirting and the coaches make the call if he is wrestling or not, jackass!

Gabe has said he considers himself too short for 184.

I wouldn’t expect to see him there unless he just completely outgrows 174.
Gabe if he outgrows 174.

Rhino Bodybuilder GIF by Gladiators

it's dumb to call that ducking

but it's also dumb to call out a multi time NCAA champ and then redshirt

both of these can be true

Yeah, but he's not calling the shots on wether he redshirts or not.
Regardless, I agree with you on calling out the 3x defending champ.
Probably not a good move.

Last edited:
Yeah, but he's not calling the shots on wether he redshirt or not.
Regardless, I agree with you on calling out the 3x defending champ.
Probably not a good move.
I understand that he isn't necessarily calling the shots here

which is another reason to not call people out

I wouldn't pay much attention to him. He is just flapping his jaw. PSU fans are pissed Arnold showed confidence in himself. Gabe quickly became a heel after that.

We are lucky Gabe is black lol. One less thing for the Lion fans to bitch about when it comes to Iowa. They pounce on any little thing that's out of place over here.

We have a ton of capable guys at 149/157. Rathjen, Voinovich, Anthony Ferrari, Siebrecht, Estrada, Block(hopefully can make 141 for at least a year) Kennedy(we will see if he can make the cut) Jesuroga, and Reyna.
Capable of what? None of those guys have come close to a podium.

I've mentioned PK to 57 on the Kaleb Young plan despite the fact it's not an ideal cut. However, PK strikes me as the kind of guy who will do what it takes to make the lineup and if that means cutting to 157, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it.

He hasn't been on the podium either but I have a lot more confidence in him being an AA at 157 than any of the other options we currently have.

That's assuming he can't beat out Gabe at 174.

I like Patrick Kennedy, he's tough, hardnosed, very gritty and a damn tough wrestler.
If he doesn't drop to 157, next season, I don't see him wrestling postseason for the Hawks.
There's a possibility Caliendo makes the cut after Franek leaves, but I honestly would be surprised if that happens.
My opinion right now is PK cuts to 157 next year or he isn't in the lineup.
Agree, not ideal for him to make the cut next year, but may be his only option for a starting role.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
From the looks of it Pat you might have to cut 17 pounds during the off season if you want to be in the starting lineup next season. You can do it Pat. How bad do you want it Pat? Take one for the team.

We should have good depth at 157 with Kennedy going down, Anthony Ferrari, and Cobe Siebrecht. So that should cover 165 as well. If anything were to happen to Cali Kennedy would slide into 165. Therefore Riggins Should be hitting the weights hard to add good depth to 174/184. I guess my point is there is no reason to have Riggins keep his weight down. He should bulk to 185-190 pounds and plan on 184 next year. I have a feeling Angelo is going to need a RS or he will be a little on the small side for 184 next season.
And there it is. Problem solved.

Partial to humble champs like Zain, Jason, Nick Lee, and AB, I have no problem with Gabe’s HS boast. I’d expect a top recruit to be confident in winning a title quickly, and I believe he’ll win at least one. Some athletes like to boast (see Starocci, Nickal, AJ, now Gabe) and may find further motivation backing up the words. For me, Gabe’s only glitch was calling Carter “overrated.” That comment disrespects what 15-0 in D1 NCAA tournaments means. Do still hope to see him at either 174 or 184 on Feb 9. He’s the real deal.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Partial to humble champs like Zain, Jason, Nick Lee, and AB, I have no problem with Gabe’s HS boast. I’d expect a top recruit to be confident in winning a title quickly, and I believe he’ll win at least one. Some athletes like to boast (see Starocci, Nickal, AJ, now Gabe) and may find further motivation backing up the words. For me, Gabe’s only glitch was calling Carter “overrated.” That comment disrespects what 15-0 in D1 NCAA tournaments means. Do still hope to see him at either 174 or 184 on Feb 9. He’s the real deal.
For the record, I don’t have an issue with Starocci’s tweets with the exception of maybe the Parris one. It’s just the way some guys are wired. Fans tend to ignore their own, and hate on others.

For the record, I don’t have an issue with Starocci’s tweets with the exception of maybe the Parris one. It’s just the way some guys are wired. Fans tend to ignore their own, and hate on others.
The Parris one is trash. The others are perfectly fine, except for maybe a little of the wording about Washington. Still I didn’t have an issue with it.

But, to be clear, Parris had a monster season and it shows zero class to mock it the way he did. It literally had Kanye calling out Taylor Swift vibes.

There are times to do the talking and there are times to let your wrestling do the talking. Sadly, it was one of the few times he needed to choose the latter…

When you talk some trash, you either back it up or you look a little foolish if you don’t. But in general, it’s better to have confident guys with a little swag than guys who are beaten before they step on the mat

From the looks of it Pat you might have to cut 17 pounds during the off season if you want to be in the starting lineup next season. You can do it Pat. How bad do you want it Pat? Take one for the team.
Just kidding we hit the transfer portal and got a 157 pounder, plan on backing up 165/174 this year

Capable of what? None of those guys have come close to a podium.

I've mentioned PK to 57 on the Kaleb Young plan despite the fact it's not an ideal cut. However, PK strikes me as the kind of guy who will do what it takes to make the lineup and if that means cutting to 157, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do it.

He hasn't been on the podium either but I have a lot more confidence in him being an AA at 157 than any of the other options we currently have.

That's assuming he can't beat out Gabe at 174
You don't think Kennedy and Siebrecht are capable options for 157 next year? Cobe keeps getting better and better every year. I'd wager Kennedy is an AA this year. I think we will have bigger needs at 133, 141, 184, HWT. Like I said, you don't turn down a hammer or Blaze. IMO if you are actively recruiting the transfer portal there are 4 weights maybe 5 needed before 157.

If Anthony enrolls next year he's the 157. He looked really sucked up at 149 at the Soldier Salute. He can fill out nicely at 157 and be on the bigger end of the weight class. Caliendo, Kennedy, and Arnold will fight it out for 165-174. Give Riggins an off season knowing his home is at 184 and I bet he weighs over 200 this summer. He has a great frame at close to 6-1" for the weight class. I hope he works on creating angles on his feet during the off season as opposed to blasting straight forward with his leg attacks. A good righty or lefty outside single would do him just fine. If Angelo enrolls you wrestle him 5 times and redshirt and bulk him up. He could be a 197 his last few years. After all he posseses"superior Italian genetics"😜

If Anthony enrolls next year he's the 157. He looked really sucked up at 149 at the Soldier Salute. He can fill out nicely at 157 and be on the bigger end of the weight class. Caliendo, Kennedy, and Arnold will fight it out for 165-174. Give Riggins an off season knowing his home is at 184 and I bet he weighs over 200 this summer. He has a great frame at close to 6-1" for the weight class. I hope he works on creating angles on his feet during the off season as opposed to blasting straight forward with his leg attacks. A good righty or lefty outside single would do him just fine. If Angelo enrolls you wrestle him 5 times and redshirt and bulk him up. He could be a 197 his last few years. After all he posseses"superior Italian genetics"😜
1. If Kennedy can make 157 he will challenge for the weight. He's not the type to ride the pine. 2. Riggins weighs 175 full feed right not, no way he gets over 200 pounds in 6 months. If Angelo is around 185 and wants to wrestle he will be our 184 next year.

Love Carter and his attitude. He will win his 4th and take his visits and see what offers he receives. I know Iowa St will make a big offer. They will try to pay Penn st back for trying to take Carr last year. I imagine Iowa will have some big $ for Carter as well. In the end it all just probably makes Penn st pay more but it will make for an interesting spring and summer

Caliendo and Kennedy both certified at 157 this year. Both can again next year but my bet will be that Kennedy is there. Kennedy, Caliendo and Arnold will be a salty 57-74 for us.

Reactions: pawrestler4life
I understand that he isn't necessarily calling the shots here

which is another reason to not call people out
I didn't realize saying your were looking forward to wrestling someone and even maybe saying you are going to beat that person is calling anyone out? Calling someone out would be more like saying you're hiding, come and get me if you can. I guess we want a more bashful team put out there where everyone kisses their ass in hopes they might not get angry.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
Caliendo and Kennedy both certified at 157 this year. Both can again next year but my bet will be that Kennedy is there. Kennedy, Caliendo and Arnold will be a salty 57-74 for us.
rumors that Braxton Amos will enter the portal next year, is he someone we would be interested in?

Love Carter and his attitude. He will win his 4th and take his visits and see what offers he receives. I know Iowa St will make a big offer. They will try to pay Penn st back for trying to take Carr last year. I imagine Iowa will have some big $ for Carter as well. In the end it all just probably makes Penn st pay more but it will make for an interesting spring and summer
So we’ll see him the portal?

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT