ADVERTISEMENT

HawkTalk now on 9.2

HawkMachine

HR Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
6:30-8:00 with KF and Dolph.

Questions from callers and tweets. Have seen some comments/interviews from some players so far as well.

QB questions coming up it sounds like.

Last edited:
Curious how often KF talks with Reese Morgan or if Reese stops by for practices at all.

I might try to ask this question via twitter and see if it gets asked.

Missed the beginning so missed out on the QB talk.

I’m sure it wasn’t much different than the press conference.

Oh well.

If anyone saw please chime in.

Missed the beginning so missed out on the QB talk.

I’m sure it wasn’t much different than the press conference.

Oh well.

If anyone saw please chime in.
KF was all Spencer has body of work and Dolph yelled did you order another start? and KF said he would answer the question. He yelled you want answers? and Dolph said I think I'm entitled and KF yelled you want answers? And Dolph yelled I want the truth! and KF screamed YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

It was pretty awesome. Dolph don't play

KF was all Spencer has body of work and Dolph yelled did you order another start? and KF said he would answer the question. He yelled you want answers? and Dolph said I think I'm entitled and KF yelled you want answers? And Dolph yelled I want the truth! and KF screamed YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

It was pretty awesome. Dolph don't play
This is well done

Did the ghost of Tommy From Des Moines call in and praise Ferentz for all the fireworks on offense this past Saturday?

I miss Tommy...and Zabel.

It was fun for so many years, even when I was a kid during Commings. Now the atmosphere is just terrible. It's many factors including the offense, etc. But I hate the booing. I feel bad for Petras.

I listened for 10 minutes driving my kids home.
This is what I got from the keys to the game segment:
Nevada is a good program
Has lots of transfers
Quinn Schulte said they have a good QB, RBs, WRs
QB is 6'9" and will run
Other is 6'6" and will also run
Wrs are good
Rbs good
Kirk thinks they do a great job putting up points.
Doesn't know much about the Mountain West.
Defense has 11 take aways already
6'0" DE that can bring it and reminds him of Mike Daniels.
Kirk likes country music and sat by some singer on the way home from recruiting Edgar Cervantes.
Started to ask who could kick like Reid from my Chiefs and then I turned it off.

No, Dolph and Kirk, those aren't the keys to the game. That is how to talk up your opponent.

Keys to the game are the offensive line, the QB and the WR corps.

Did sound like Johnson, Ragaini and Brecht were all practicing. That is literally the only thing I cared about.

Softball questions were in full force.

Curious how often KF talks with Reese Morgan or if Reese stops by for practices at all.

I might try to ask this question via twitter and see if it gets asked.
Reese has been on the sidelines for games. Not in the coaches box, but there. Although have not seen him these last two games. He could have been there, just somewhere else.

Nevada is a good program
Sure it is, good enough to lose to FCS Incarnate Word 55-42 while giving up over 400 yards passing and over 600 yards total offense to the fellas from Incarnate Word. Say it with me . . . Incarnate Word. Nevada lost to Incarnate Word and gave up 55 points and over 600 yards. Incarnate Word.

But sure, Nevada has all kinds of talent and is a good program. And grass is red and Iowa has an offense.

Nevada is going to be in a tussle with Hawaii to finish last in the Mountain West. The program was gutted by transfers when Norvell left.

I’m feeling a shutout this weekend. This game feels like 2007 vs. Syracuse. They were baaaad, and it was just one of those games where things clicked and we won going away. I don’t think we’ll have the same type of “clicking” on offense, but a few easy scores set up by Def/ST’s and a few sustained drives by the offense. Nevada is just bad, really bad.

I listened for 10 minutes driving my kids home.
This is what I got from the keys to the game segment:
Nevada is a good program
Has lots of transfers
Quinn Schulte said they have a good QB, RBs, WRs
QB is 6'9" and will run
Other is 6'6" and will also run
Wrs are good
Rbs good
Kirk thinks they do a great job putting up points.
Doesn't know much about the Mountain West.
Defense has 11 take aways already
6'0" DE that can bring it and reminds him of Mike Daniels.
Kirk likes country music and sat by some singer on the way home from recruiting Edgar Cervantes.
Started to ask who could kick like Reid from my Chiefs and then I turned it off.

No, Dolph and Kirk, those aren't the keys to the game. That is how to talk up your opponent.

Keys to the game are the offensive line, the QB and the WR corps.

Did sound like Johnson, Ragaini and Brecht were all practicing. That is literally the only thing I cared about.

Softball questions were in full force.
Calling it a softball question is an insult to softball. Dolphin's questions are T ball where they don't even bother to take score and everyone gets a trophy.

Also held the show in the football complex in one of the conference rooms with a view of Kinnick. I'm guessing this was because Ferentz was too much of P#$$Y to hold the show in a public location where he might actually have to interact with fans.

Ferentz no longer cares about winning or the team. He only cares about being in charge and proving how right he is. For the good of the program he needs to go buyout be damned. At this point he is completely tone deaf and will run the program to the ground because as he says "I'm the head coach and the decision is mine."

Reactions: DewHawk
Sure it is, good enough to lose to FCS Incarnate Word 55-42 while giving up over 400 yards passing and over 600 yards total offense to the fellas from Incarnate Word. Say it with me . . . Incarnate Word. Nevada lost to Incarnate Word and gave up 55 points and over 600 yards. Incarnate Word.

But sure, Nevada has all kinds of talent and is a good program. And grass is red and Iowa has an offense.

No way man, just ask them. Juggernaut.

The only thing KF struggled with was that he couldn't compare Nevada to any Big Ten team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT