ADVERTISEMENT

HROT for me over the Years

Mulvaspills 54 snd State College Man were a couple of the many classics through the years. We still catch a “Girlfriend in Greeley” and “grandparents buying a freezer” reference here and there too. Then there was the one thread where a poster conned a woman into sending noods and posted a play by play and if memory serves linked them from a 3rd party site? Lots of great times here. Is Steven Patrick and his delicious Seattle sweet corn still around?
Every time Mulva is mentioned I hold out hope someone somewhere saved that thread.

Sounds familiar. Want there a Josh Clark or something like that running it? He seemed like a whiny douchebag too if I remember right
I remember Paul Clark wrote some piece back in the early 2000s that iowa had a good run, but ISU had ascended and it was over for iowa. That aged poorly. I think he also praised ISU’s stealing of USC’s uniform so when playing NCAA, he could pretend ISU was USC.

Last edited:
The Hawk's Nest was a great site for years with a lot of posters. One I remember best was Chicagohawk, who said he was moving to Viet Nam if GWB won the election. Sure enough both happened and the last I heard he was teaching English as a Second Language in Viet Nam.
Not to be confused with ChicagoParrotheads, who because of name length limitations showing up I thought of as ChicagoThreads, who falsely claimed to have cancer to receive benefits.

I was one of the many people that joined about 20 years ago. Lurked during the 2002 season before finally creating an account in early 2003. I’m guessing that 2002 season was very good for membership of HawkeyeNation as the site was known at the time. The fan base was invigorated from that year.

It will be interesting to see what Rivals does if HawkeyeReport moves. When we went through this before when Jon moved the HN site over to Scout, a lot of people stayed here with rivals and the new HR name. I’m expecting the same will happen this time too unless we get some insane new owner and mods that paywall every forum and severely limit discussion.

Since it appears HROT and HR in general may be going away as we knew it, I figured I would do my homage to HR and HROT.

I started here during the great 2002 football season. There was no social media then, only forums like this. I was married with 2 young kids and I was just 2 years into my career. Now I am a divorced empty nester with 4 kids.

Now here we are 20 years later. I have come and gone over the years, been banned for a bit. Many of you know my trolling ways. I don't have the fire to do that stuff for the most part anymore. I almost died 3 years ago and it changed my perspective a bit.

I can remember the HALO schism in 2005, the USF Board migration, the coming of the FSU guys. Its been interesting.

There are still a few of the old timers around.

I will see what is here after January 1st. Nothing lasts forever. If this is the end, I want to wish everyone well. I hope you all find joy in your lives.

Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek
TL;DR

So,..... Where yall going to go once HORT is gone? If you go to On3 with Jan Millar you are a dork. Phuck Jan Millar. We going to raid the Florida board?

I started lurking in 01 on SuperHawkeye when I heard Iowa and Kansas State were battling for a fullback recruit. I don’t remember the players name but he ended up at Kansas State. CSB
I was thinking maybe it was that uber talented wide receiver and returner, who blew out his knee against us when we played. Lockett? Or there was a kid named David Allen.

I started lurking in 01 on SuperHawkeye when I heard Iowa and Kansas State were battling for a fullback recruit. I don’t remember the players name but he ended up at Kansas State. CSB
It was Ayo Saba. He is the first big recruit I remember following on here. I have been a member here since June of 2001. I haven't really posted much in years. Most of my posts happened when I was back in law school at UNC (hence the name) when I had more free time and Iowa was really good (fall of 2001-2003) and then I got season tickets when I moved back to the Midwest in 2004. I live in Charlotte now and still have season tickets. Although the seats have gotten better. Crazy to think it has been over 20 years on this message board.

It was Ayo Saba. He is the first big recruit I remember following on here. I have been a member here since June of 2001. I haven't really posted much in years. Most of my posts happened when I was back in law school at UNC (hence the name) when I had more free time and Iowa was really good (fall of 2001-2003) and then I got season tickets when I moved back to the Midwest in 2004. I live in Charlotte now and still have season tickets. Although the seats have gotten better. Crazy to think it has been over 20 years on this message board.
That’s the guy. Thanks.

One of the moments that sticks out was when that guy linked some picture from his personal gallery and people went to his gallery and found pictures of the guys wife in her underwear in Iowa Football gear. Poor Bastard.
Was the Fred something or another?

I've always thought the 2002 football season was when this site truly took off
Then Mulva, Lois, gdr and the Revolt escapades, the poster that would post pics of his scantily clad gf before Hawk football games, Colorado hawk's wife posting about his browsing history (Leelee Sobieski...some whore)...those were some of the events I remember from way back then. Call say 2002 until maybe the 2008 election the heyday around here.

A lot of good times back then. But it seems like as the country became more polarized, the fun seemed to get sucked out of this room so to speak.

Oh well, all good things...

• Love
Reactions: torbee
I've always thought the 2002 football season was when this site truly took off
Then Mulva, Lois, gdr and the Revolt escapades, the poster that would post pics of his scantily clad gf before Hawk football games, Colorado hawk's wife posting about his browsing history (Leelee Sobieski...some whore)...those were some of the events I remember from way back then. Call say 2002 until maybe the 2008 election the heyday around here.

A lot of good times back then. But it seems like as the country became more polarized, the fun seemed to get sucked out of this room so to speak.

Oh well, all good things...
Who was the poster that photshopped his hand on Erin Andrew's boob? That was epic. IIRC, she found out about it and was pissed --- maybe complained to the Iowa AD or something?

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Who was the poster that photshopped his hand on Erin Andrew's boob? That was epic. IIRC, she found out about it and was pissed --- maybe complained to the Iowa AD or something?
I think it was Brody or something similar.

Also, opinion as a woman Wendy? Obviously the photoshop is crude, immature and borderline (if not completely) offensive. But would you consider it sexual harassment? Or does that have to be something physical?
Outside of HORT I am actually quite staid, but I think that is just plain old funny. Perhaps that makes me a bad person.

Outside of HORT I am actually quite staid, but I think that is just plain old funny. Perhaps that makes me a bad person.
I think most guys think it's funny. But women deal with horseshit their entire lives, so their perspective is likely a bit different.

Those names don’t sound right. I was at that game by the way. It’s still the hottest game I’ve ever been to.
There as well. The game was at arrowhead and pretty sure the KSU player, at arrowhead, was Sproles.

Also, opinion as a woman Wendy? Obviously the photoshop is crude, immature and borderline (if not completely) offensive. But would you consider it sexual harassment? Or does that have to be something physical?
After the whole peephole scandal with Erin, I'd tread very lightly with her. Despite all the Me Too stuff, men still tend to be pigs.

I remember Paul Clark wrote some piece back in the early 2000s that iowa had a good run, but ISU had ascended and it was over for iowa. That aged poorly. I think he also praised ISU’s stealing of USC’s uniform so when playing NCAA, he could pretend ISU was USC.
He also said that he liked to watch USC games bc when he squinted it looked like Iowa State beating the hell out of everyone

I consider it sexual harassment.

I think most guys think it's funny. But women deal with horseshit their entire lives, so their perspective is likely a bit different.

We sure do! Pretty much since I was about 11.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean other people can't laugh.

That's the essential problem with PC logic. Always act as if everybody else is watching.

That's why you can say retard with your buddies or make sexist jokes with your buddies and it doesn't matter.

There as well. The game was at arrowhead and pretty sure the KSU player, at arrowhead, was Sproles.
I don’t recall Sproles playing in that game. I could be wrong though. It was the first game I attended that served alcohol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT