ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

Cuz they're so devastating in those trailer parks.
Folks who live there get super-sensitive...

LOL, stop your projecting.

I will say that the lake here at Tradition Manor rose higher than ever during the last hurricane, but it would take a Noah-like flood to damage my manor.

Reactions: Finance85
Looks like nothing but rain here in Tampa Bay all week, which is well needed. Although I hope it gets outta here by next week. We're heading out on a cruise Monday.

Reactions: Finance85
Do you SW Florida residents still have your head above water? I talked with people from Marco and it is raining yet with lots more to come. Of course they are at Snook Inn for Happy Hour.

A lot of rain today but a nice break this afternoon. Good for the sod we recently replaced due to the Ian saltwater intrusion. Don’t think this will be a big deal.

Most of the rain tomorrow will be south of I-4

Forecast is around 17:00 on this video

Last edited:
Next week 40% chance of development. Denis Phillips said that if it develops, it will likely head towards Texas

So far in 2024, no named tropical storm has formed in the Atlantic basin, which includes storms in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. This is the latest start to the hurricane season in the past 10 years, according to AccuWeather meteorologist Bernie Rayno. In 2014, the first storm was Tropical Storm Arthur, which formed on July 1, 2014.

Rayno said the lack of storms in June isn't unusual, as dry air and wind shear are combining to limit storm development in the Atlantic, which often happens this time of the year.

Additionally, if no storms form over the next week, it'll mark only the third time since 1970 there have been no named storms in the Western Hemisphere through June 17, according to Philip Klotzbach, Colorado State University meteorologist specializing in Atlantic basin seasonal hurricane forecasts.

So far in 2024, no named tropical storm has formed in the Atlantic basin, which includes storms in the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Sea. This is the latest start to the hurricane season in the past 10 years, according to AccuWeather meteorologist Bernie Rayno. In 2014, the first storm was Tropical Storm Arthur, which formed on July 1, 2014.

Rayno said the lack of storms in June isn't unusual, as dry air and wind shear are combining to limit storm development in the Atlantic, which often happens this time of the year.

Additionally, if no storms form over the next week, it'll mark only the third time since 1970 there have been no named storms in the Western Hemisphere through June 17, according to Philip Klotzbach, Colorado State University meteorologist specializing in Atlantic basin seasonal hurricane forecasts.

Excellent.

Cape Coral has had about 3 inches so far; projected to have 4-5 more tomorrow. Flood warnings are out, but it seems to pour incessantly for about 20 minutes, then minimal showers for an hour or so. Repeat and rinse.

We needed this rain badly, so I'm not about to complain--except about not being at the Snook Inn. That's some tasty seafood there.

Reactions: seminoledq

This says yesterday Naples received 3.94 inches and Marco received 5.89 inches. More coming. It is raining now in Marco.

I live next to Caxambas Park.

No. Just wing it. Neighbor helps me.
Gotcha. By the way if you’ve got a RainBird be careful when you turn it back on. Some of the older ones have a glitch where they reset themselves to going off at noon and midnight 7 days a week. Newer ones don’t have that problem.

Weird. In my part of DeFuniak, we've had over 38" of rain so far this year.
It's been wetter in total this year, but the difference fell in like a single storm.
Lawns around here are drying out too.

bcvdoXX.png

Just checked the rain gauge, and since 9:00 yesterday morning, we've had 7 inches. Currently rain free, but we're surrounded by dark clouds and predictions are for more heavy rains overnight.
It's been wetter in total this year, but the difference fell in like a single storm.

bcvdoXX.png

bcvdoXX.png
Was this back in January when Cape Coral had 9" in like 4 hours with lots of flooding?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Just checked the rain gauge, and since 9:00 yesterday morning, we've had 7 inches. Currently rain free, but we're surrounded by dark clouds and predictions are for more heavy rains overnight.

Was this back in January when Cape Coral had 9" in like 4 hours with lots of flooding?
Early April storm.

"The highest rainfall amount recorded in Leon County was a 14.58 inches at Lake Iamonia, according to the National Weather Service. The official amount at the airport was 7.11 inches.

Eastern Leon County saw roughly 10-12 inches of rain. At Piney Z Lake, 10.49 inches of rain fell. Elsewhere in the Big Bend, 5.27 inches of rain fell near Wakulla Springs and 3.81 inches on St. George Island.

Not to worry, i have 2 sharpies and my fake map all ready to track these bad boys up here in Western Penna. where i will be safe.
Are you from Franklin, Pa. ??

I didn't get to Franklin but I spent quite a bit of time in Reynoldsville, Dubois, Falls Creek, and Clearfield. I had business with an outfit in Reynoldsville from 2008 on. Great, positive people. There is no way I could repay everything they did for me.
We both grow immensely together. Aggressive, positive people.

Edit: I was in Dubois on 9-11. That plane flew right over the top of me before it turned around.

We've had a few light rains this week but I was really hoping for some downpours to soak the lawn and top off my pool. We're about an hour north of where it's been getting hammered in Manatee and Sarasota counties.

We've had a few light rains this week but I was really hoping for some downpours to soak the lawn and top off my pool. We're about an hour north of where it's been getting hammered in Manatee and Sarasota counties.

Denis Phillips said on his Tuesday night webcast that the southern half of Pinellas received very little rain and northern Pinellas had extremely heavy rains. I think he said his house in Palm Harbor had 8 inches of rain. If I remember correctly, he said parts of southern Pinellas only received a half inch.

What kind of sod did you go to?
We were always told to get “muck sod” from around Lake Okeechobee. More expensive but almost always takes hold and does well, versus what some called “Hastings sod” which is the area
west of St. Augustine and is grown in drier sandy soil and not nearly as solid and sturdy. It’s what you get most often from HD or Lowe’s in Florida. More prone to weeds and insects.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
For my fellow weather nerds, here is link to GFS model. I usually check it out everyday to short and long term trends. It updates every 6 hours.

We were always told to get “muck sod” from around Lake Okeechobee. More expensive but almost always takes hold and does well, versus what some called “Hastings sod” which is the area
west of St. Augustine and is grown in drier sandy soil and not nearly as solid and sturdy. It’s what you get most often from HD or Lowe’s in Florida. More prone to weeds and insects.

They have new fancy hybrids now days. It's not just "St. Augustine" anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT