ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

At my in-laws in Sarasota for my first tropical storm experience. Been mostly boring until a tornado warning just popped. Their pool is about three inches away from overflowing though.

Reactions: peacehawk
150047WPCQPF_sm.gif

That's interesting because I dumped my rain gauge around 2 p.m. today. It had 3.5 inches in it already, and I didn't want it to overfill overnight.

That graphic says I should expect 4 - 6 more inches through 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Will be interesting to see how accurate this was.

Heading out to the Bypass Canal (Temple Terrace) to fish. lol. Can’t sit here as I’ll climb the walls.

Managed a morning kayak session yesterday prior to the rain.
You might be part Iowan. When a tornado warning is in effect do you have an urge to walk outside to see if you can spot one coming?

• Haha
Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
At my in-laws in Sarasota for my first tropical storm experience. Been mostly boring until a tornado warning just popped. Their pool is about three inches away from overflowing though.
They have a sump pump they can use to pump water out before it floods the pool and surrounding area?

Reactions: goldmom
That's interesting because I dumped my rain gauge around 2 p.m. today. It had 3.5 inches in it already, and I didn't want it to overfill overnight.

That graphic says I should expect 4 - 6 more inches through 8 p.m. on Friday night.

Will be interesting to see how accurate this was.
Ask your wife. She knows 4 inches when she sees it.

Huh, doesn’t seem like a hurricane where I’m at but I guess it’s official. Got the glass doors cracked listening to the storm in bed. Love storms.
Hype is always a bit much.

30 knot winds with 40 knot gusts for this buoy, which I'll trust over the TV weather news trying to sell commercials.

0mRvj9s.png

Storm chasers at Dark Island, FL waiting for the eye to come ashore. This is 17 miles NW of Steinhatchee on the water.

They drove up the road to Keaton Beach. The sheriff pulled them over and told them to get on US-19 and leave.

Now they stopped them again for not leaving fast enough and are threatening to arrest them.

Sheriff just told them that they found them by watching their YT broadcast

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
Lots and lots of rain here, but my area is high so won't have any flooding.
Worried about my friends who have places on Weeki Wachee and Homosassa rivers...they frequently have storm surge problems there, especially if the storm passes during high tide. A lot of them just finished repairs after Idalia last year.

Last edited:
Lost power for an hour or so last night. Surprised it came back on so quickly.

Still raining. Sunshine Skyway is closed for winds.

My BiL sent a picture of roads flooded out by him east of Bradenton. He’s in a neighborhood that’s about 15 years old built over farmland so I’m guessing the drainage there is horrible since any retention ponds would be man-made.

Landfall at Steinhatchee 7 AM this morning,
For our Iowa hosts, it’s primarily a small fishing spot and again in the least populated area of Florida.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Lost power for an hour or so last night. Surprised it came back on so quickly.

Still raining. Sunshine Skyway is closed for winds.

My BiL sent a picture of roads flooded out by him east of Bradenton. He’s in a neighborhood that’s about 15 years old built over farmland so I’m guessing the drainage there is horrible since any retention ponds would be man-made.
Sunshine Skyway closed for winds?
You would think so! I would go out of my way for a 100 miles to avoid even seeing that thing in the distance. Scares the ever loving 💩 out of me and I grew up in a town with 7 bridges.

Sunshine Skyway closed for winds?
You would think so! I would go out of my way for a 100 miles to avoid even seeing that thing in the distance. Scares the ever loving 💩 out of me and I grew up in a town with 7 bridges.
We used to take the boat out and go under the Skyway back in my high school days. Seeing it from underneath was all I ever needed to make sure I never got on it in a car. And this was before the accident.

I take the extra 45-60 minutes when I go to Tampa and go around it.

We used to take the boat out and go under the Skyway back in my high school days. Seeing it from underneath was all I ever needed to make sure I never got on it in a car. And this was before the accident.

I take the extra 45-60 minutes when I go to Tampa and go around it.
Y'all are crazy! Love the Skyway Bridge. Fish under it and drive on it. It was also pretty cool to be on a cruise ship that goes underneath it.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
Finally lost power a few minutes ago.

Based on the latest storm projections, Tallahassee will remain under Tropical Storm conditions for the next 5-7 hours with up to 40-50 mph wind gusts and continuous rainfall as Hurricane Debby moves through our area.

Electric crews continue to work to restore power and have restored 10,500 customers. Approximately 12,600 customers are currently without power.

Mutual aid resources from Alabama are working with City crews, and additional mutual aid resources from Louisiana are arriving and will begin work soon.

Electric crews continue to work to restore power and have restored 10,500 customers. Approximately 12,600 customers are currently without power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT