ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate my Neighbors

Man, I had this same problem, I'd always be slammin these home runs into this old guys back yard and his huge fnnn beast of a dog would about tear us to shreds when we tried to retrieve it....think the dog's name was Hercules or something.

We'd get tired of trying to get that damn ball back so I'd just go to the swimming pool and bang the lifeguard.
Yeah, I think we grew up in the same neighborhood. I believe the dogs owner was a blind old negro…..

I'll make it short and sweet. The family next door is annoying the shit out of me. Their little son plays soccer and keeps kicking his soccer ball over the fence and into my yard. I finally told him on Saturday that I'm no longer going to throw the ball back over.

Well, the next day the kids mom and dad came over. They tried to keep the convo light, but it just annoyed me even more. I told them to do something about the issue, then closed my door.

Guess what happened next? A damn ball ended up in my damn yard again today. Unbelievable. I hate my neighbors.
Wait for neighbor to get stuck behind someone at the gas pump again and bang his mom

This used to happen to me a lot. When we were kids I would hit a lot of home runs so the ball would always end up in the neighbors yard. He eventually got tired of it and told us not to come in his yard anymore. We naturally we just reversed the field and the issue was over.
Hit the ball at the house and tee off like you’re hitting doubles off the monster

• Love
Reactions: Moral
Isn’t there a gate they could use to get the ball back themselves ?

Damn, life is short.

We are empty nesters and we set up a trampoline every summer for the neighbor kids to play on.

Something tells me Iowa will be in the news headlines tomorrow.

Is OP an illegal?

I have always held a binary view of this issue.

Either you: 1) let the neighbor kids occasionally trespass onto your lawn/driveway, in which case they learn to like and appreciate you; or 2) voraciously defend your property boundaries against the pesky neighbor kids (and their sportsballs), in which case the neighbor kids and their friends grow to despise you and eventually egg your house.

Choice is yours.

Why do you care? Kids running into my yard getting balls that fly over the fence would not bother me at all. One of my neighbors has a large garden, so I have my own kids play whiffle ball the other way. Occasionally, the ball flys over the fence. Never been an issue in my neighborhood.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
Passive aggressive is the way to go.

I'll just leave this for you.
I Hate My Neighbor Next-door Neighbor T-Shirt https://a.co/d/5DbGFTw

Or maybe this.
https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop/de...aZAoagqpVNh79DebRO1l-210-7#?affiliateId=11625

Reactions: Moral
I'll make it short and sweet. The family next door is annoying the shit out of me. Their little son plays soccer and keeps kicking his soccer ball over the fence and into my yard. I finally told him on Saturday that I'm no longer going to throw the ball back over.

Well, the next day the kids mom and dad came over. They tried to keep the convo light, but it just annoyed me even more. I told them to do something about the issue, then closed my door.

Guess what happened next? A damn ball ended up in my damn yard again today. Unbelievable. I hate my neighbors.
eye-roll-otto.gif

Why do you care? Kids running into my yard getting balls that fly over the fence would not bother me at all. One of my neighbors has a large garden, so I have my own kids play whiffle ball the other way. Occasionally, the ball flys over the fence. Never been an issue in my neighborhood.
Why do I care? Because it’s my yard dude. I don’t want these little shitheads running on my portion of earth. I paid for this. It’s mine.

I feel bad for our neighbor when our son was growing up and we would hit and throw a lot in our backyard. We tried setting up nets and such but we probably put dozens of balls onto his side of the fence over the course of a decade. I did not expect any of them back, but was grateful when they did toss them.

Reactions: McLovin32 and Moral

OGC.192120a63bf609ce80f41b4540f15a64

this wouldn't bother me at all. I would be happy to see a kid out playing. I would go play goalie.

Buy a german shepherd and just tell them that you'll throw it back once a day, no more. And that time will be when you first go out there in the morning, so if the ball lands in your yard in the afternoon, they'll just have to wait.

The downside is less for you (only throw it back once a day) and makes you appear a little less curmudgeonly.

Reactions: McLovin32
I haven't decided what my next step is, but I do know it'll involve a lot of feces.

Neighbors are a pain. Slobs w/o pride who let their property get overrun with weeds, a son keeps bringing in shitty equipment and old vehicles. Complaints to the city have created an understandable unspoken war.

Across the street lives a guy we have loaned money to for years occasionally who has burned everyone else in town, has now actually become belligerent when we asked if he was working at his last request. Unreal.

After, BTW I let him use my mower for years to mow his lawn. No offer to reimburse.

So, just try to be kind and neighborly and expect nothing in return. Oh, and I mowed half of the top neighbor's one acre property for a year, uncompensated while he was ill with cancer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT