ADVERTISEMENT

I think we have a great chance at Xavier Foster & DJ Carton; but what if we strike out on 1 or both?

If Iowa's brand is so much better, how come significantly more Iowans and students in general choose to attend ISU than attend Iowa. I guess they just lack brand awareness....LOL!!!
How does it feel to have Iowa fans in school at ISU walking around and sitting in class wearing Iowa gear? Just because ISU is trying to buy fans doesn’t mean they all are ISU fans.

How does it feel to have Iowa fans in school at ISU walking around and sitting in class wearing Iowa gear? Just because ISU is trying to buy fans doesn’t mean they all are ISU fans.
Maybe when they show up in Ames, but they always convert. They become loyal Cyclones. Fans are a different story as they will follow the flavor of the day, and waffle regularly.

Maybe when they show up in Ames, but they always convert. They become loyal Cyclones. Fans are a different story as they will follow the flavor of the day, and waffle regularly.
That’s a lie and you know it. I know plenty of students who have gone to ISU but were Iowa fans and left Iowa fans. Just like not every student at Iowa is an Iowa fan. Enrollment doesn’t 100% correlate to fandom. Some students couldn’t care less about sports.

That’s a lie and you know it. I know plenty of students who have gone to ISU but were Iowa fans and left Iowa fans. Just like not every student at Iowa is an Iowa fan. Enrollment doesn’t 100% correlate to fandom. Some students couldn’t care less about sports.
There may be a rogue few, but if a student stays and gets their degree, they are died in the wool. My guess is you never attended a major university as you would know this.

There may be a rogue few, but if a student stays and gets their degree, they are died in the wool. My guess is you never attended a major university as you would know this.
This is exactly what’s wrong with some fans particularly ISU fans. You think because a student went to a school they have to be a fan of that school and they can’t be a fan of another school. Must be that high quality water in Ames that they like so much.

I graduated from UNI, but have always been an Iowa fan and always will be after growing up watching and attending many Iowa sporting events. I don’t hold allegiances to UNI because I graduated there nor do I hold allegiances to the 2 schools I have master’s degrees from. But go ahead and keep living in your little bubble of senseless stupidity and mediocrity.

Actually it is impossible to be an Iowa State fan unless you went to school there. Just ask them. I’m sure that will be good for long-term Fanbase growth. In Arkansas they call it inbreeding.

Meanwhile, the University of Iowa and the rest of the Big Ten continues to have a national presence and Fanbase. This is backed up by the TV eyeballs and revenues. Despite not being the geographic home of most of the athletic talent in the country.

This is exactly what’s wrong with some fans particularly ISU fans. You think because a student went to a school they have to be a fan of that school and they can’t be a fan of another school. Must be that high quality water in Ames that they like so much.

I graduated from UNI, but have always been an Iowa fan and always will be after growing up watching and attending many Iowa sporting events. I don’t hold allegiances to UNI because I graduated there nor do I hold allegiances to the 2 schools I have master’s degrees from. But go ahead and keep living in your little bubble of senseless stupidity and mediocrity.
You don't have allegiances to UNI because they aren't a major university. I was correct in my assumption. I grew up a Hawkeye fan in SE IA, but when I attended ISU I became a Cyclone thru & thru.

You don't have allegiances to UNI because they aren't a major university. I was correct in my assumption. I grew up a Hawkeye fan in SE IA, but when I attended ISU I became a Cyclone thru & thru.
Yet you spend all your time on an Iowa website.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
Actually it is impossible to be an Iowa State fan unless you went to school there. Just ask them. I’m sure that will be good for long-term Fanbase growth. In Arkansas they call it inbreeding.

Meanwhile, the University of Iowa and the rest of the Big Ten continues to have a national presence and Fanbase. This is backed up by the TV eyeballs and revenues. Despite not being the geographic home of most of the athletic talent in the country.
You guys wonder why the Iowa fan base is the pariah of the B10, and frankly is the least respected. You react to other fan bases like spoiled children throwing a fit. You attempt to claim some sort of superiority that you have convinced yourself exists, but is merely a mirage. This is done by fans in many cases that never attended Iowa and most likely have never set foot on campus in Iowa City. You beat your chests when Iowa athletics have some success, and scream for the coaches head when times are challenging. Keeping in mind that your investment in Iowa is the sum total of a T shirt or 2 and maybe tickets to certain athletics. I know some Iowa alums and they rarely act in such a fashion, so you should be proud.

Reactions: ATCy
Lol. My nephew went to ISU because they had his major and it was better there than other schools. He wore Iowa gear every day and saw many other in Iowa gear and got Go Hawks all the time. Of course many other schools are represented on campus as well. But continue living in your small world with a troll mentality like your AD and being on par with a non-major university.

Lol. My nephew went to ISU because they had his major and it was better there than other schools. He wore Iowa gear every day and saw many other in Iowa gear and got Go Hawks all the time. Of course many other schools are represented on campus as well. But continue living in your small world with a troll mentality like your AD and being on par with a non-major university.
Sure he did. You went to UNI and wished every day that you were a Hawkeye. So now you live vicariously here claiming to be a Hawkeye but in truth you are a wanna be and always will be.

Reactions: ATCy
So it does suck to be a clown fan. Especially when people that don't go to Iowa cheer for the Hawks..... I get it now.

I went to ISU and 2 kids there as well. I also know about a billion people at Iowa. Other than that, I have no clue.
B.S. I spoke to an ISU faculty member who is a friend of mine, and he has confirmed what I am saying. I spoke with him about this not 2 weeks ago.

So it does suck to be a clown fan. Especially when people that don't go to Iowa cheer for the Hawks..... I get it now.
Doesn't suck at all as many of those fans are just bandwagon and bring such high integrity when dealing with rival fan bases....LOL!!

B.S. I spoke to an ISU faculty member who is a friend of mine, and he has confirmed what I am saying. I spoke with him about this not 2 weeks ago.
OK. I lived there for 5 years and have kids there now so YOU are right. There are no rules about fandom at either school. Everyone here knows you are stupid anyway.

OK. I lived there for 5 years and have kids there now so YOU are right. There are no rules about fandom at either school. Everyone here knows you are stupid anyway.
I lived there as well. Aren't you and Bryce two of the posters that got run off of the rivals site covering ISU?

Bball season ticket holder for over 2 decades but I just go to root for the other team. You are still stupid and I wish you had nothing to do with ISU but every team has it's idiots. Some are just easier to find.
B.S.

You got me.
I never saw Jeff Grayer play live, I never made Fred Hoiberg, Vic Alexander and his tiny girlfriend, Sam Mack (pre-Burger King), Doug Collins, or Justus Thigpen, a sandwich while working at Subway.
I never told Alex Espinoza that he didn't have to pay the parking meter at 2:00 AM and couldn't get a free sub with 9 stamps even thought he argued that the free one was the 10th.
I never had dinner with GMac after we beat Okie State after a certain player who's name shall never be spoken, had a great game.
I never got on the floor to get autographs of Royce White and Scott Christopherson, etc. with my daughter and share a few words with J. Walters.
You, my idiot friend, got me.

You got me.
I never saw Jeff Grayer play live, I never made Fred Hoiberg, Vic Alexander and his tiny girlfriend, Sam Mack (pre-Burger King), Doug Collins, or Justus Thigpen, a sandwich while working at Subway.
I never told Alex Espinoza that he didn't have to pay the parking meter at 2:00 AM and couldn't get a free sub with 9 stamps even thought he argued that the free one was the 10th.
I never had dinner with GMac after we beat Okie State after a certain player who's name shall never be spoken, had a great game.
I never got on the floor to get autographs of Royce White and Scott Christopherson, etc. with my daughter and share a few words with J. Walters.
You, my idiot friend, got me.
You got autographs from players for yourself and used your daughter to get them? That is a bit creepy.

Sure he did. You went to UNI and wished every day that you were a Hawkeye. So now you live vicariously here claiming to be a Hawkeye but in truth you are a wanna be and always will be.
I was a Hawkeye well before even thinking about attending UNI. We’ve attended hundreds of sporting events and supported Iowa athletics. You do know that you don’t have to be an alum to be a donor and/or fan, right? Oh I forgot you were brainwashed at ISU where according to you peoples fandom dies because it isn’t allowed to be a fan of another school. As much time as you spend on here it doesn’t surprise me that you must have a pathetic life in which nobody cares to be around you. And there are ISU fans who didn’t attend ISU though you must not claim them.

Do Iowa fans post and obsess on CyCLOWN Fanatic like Clown fans do here?

It's a serious question. CLOWN fans lurk and when they see anything said negative about one of their programs, a coach or their AD, they have to make a rebuttal.

I could not care less what's happening in Lames. The only time I care is when we play them and when I hear or see they lost, which puts a smile on my face. But I don't go to CyCLOWN Fanatic to gloat or discuss it.

Lord, CLOWN fans are flippin weird and obsessed with the Hawkeyes.

You guys wonder why the Iowa fan base is the pariah of the B10, and frankly is the least respected. You react to other fan bases like spoiled children throwing a fit. You attempt to claim some sort of superiority that you have convinced yourself exists, but is merely a mirage. This is done by fans in many cases that never attended Iowa and most likely have never set foot on campus in Iowa City. You beat your chests when Iowa athletics have some success, and scream for the coaches head when times are challenging. Keeping in mind that your investment in Iowa is the sum total of a T shirt or 2 and maybe tickets to certain athletics. I know some Iowa alums and they rarely act in such a fashion, so you should be proud.

I’m sorry, what exactly am I claiming? I was making fun of your fan bases approach to Fandom.

As far as the other stuff, I was just stating facts. The Big Ten has superior educational institutions and therefore produces more wealthy alums. That is why the TV contract is coveted despite most of the athletes residing in the south and west.

I was a Hawkeye well before even thinking about attending UNI. We’ve attended hundreds of sporting events and supported Iowa athletics. You do know that you don’t have to be an alum to be a donor and/or fan, right? Oh I forgot you were brainwashed at ISU where according to you peoples fandom dies because it isn’t allowed to be a fan of another school. As much time as you spend on here it doesn’t surprise me that you must have a pathetic life in which nobody cares to be around you. And there are ISU fans who didn’t attend ISU though you must not claim them.
You are a fan of the hawkeyes. You never were a hawkeye.

You are a fan of the hawkeyes. You never were a hawkeye.
Your point is what exactly? I never claimed or presented myself as an Iowa alum. On the other hand, it’s known as the Hawkeye State so we’re all Hawkeyes at birth. Congrats, accept it and save yourself a lot of agony trying to pretend otherwise.

Reactions: His Hawkness

No one wonders that.

No one gives your imagined opinion any credence.

The fact that you are worried about the way Iowa fans perceive themselves and waste your time posting about it is complely pathetic and embarrassing to you as a person.

The whole “never went to school there” thing is an invention of Iowa State fans who have been so horrible at everything that they have never been able to gather any sort of a Fanbase outside of their own state. They probably think that Notre Dame has 1 billion living alumni.

Doesn't suck at all as many of those fans are just bandwagon and bring such high integrity when dealing with rival fan bases....LOL!!
Sadly, I'm sure you mom is looking down in massive disappointment that her daughter has dedicated her life to being a message board warrior.

Says the biggest spoiled child on these message boards, LOL!

Don't bother replying to me. By the time you read this post, you'll be drowning in the matrix never to be heard from again here. Lordy, I love the ignore feature.

Anyone think this derp eyewejun could really be Legend12 or an HR admin? Nothing like a little conflict to stir up business and thread hits. That’s the news/talk radio marketing model at its finest!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT