ADVERTISEMENT

I would love a CyHawk rematch

Congrats to ISU for exposing just how horrible the Big 12 really is. I flipped over from Michigan v. Wisco a few times, the only thing that looked worse than WVU was the condition of MidAmerican Energy Field. Yikes. But they should feel energized about getting to .500, hope they keep winning, only helps our SOS.

I agree West Virginia is not a Top 10 team but I also think Iowa State has improved leaps and bounds and deserves respect.

Look around the country. Every team not named Alabama has looked shaky at times. Iowa State is playing better than quite a few teams ranked in the AP.

I agree West Virginia is not a Top 10 team but I also think Iowa State has improved leaps and bounds and deserves respect.

Look around the country. Every team not named Alabama has looked shaky at times. Iowa State is playing better than quite a few teams ranked in the AP.

Totally agree. Playing in that conference has definitely helped their confidence, still they should feel good about themselves for sure.

Reactions: buchs
Totally agree. Playing in that conference has definitely helped their confidence, still they should feel good about themselves for sure.
I wish we could play a Big12 schedule. This Iowa team would be in the playoffs if they played ISU’s schedule.

Congrats to ISU for exposing just how horrible the Big 12 really is. I flipped over from Michigan v. Wisco a few times, the only thing that looked worse than WVU was the condition of MidAmerican Energy Field. Yikes. But they should feel energized about getting to .500, hope they keep winning, only helps our SOS.
You'd better get in touch with the Sports Turf Management Association and tell them they've screwed up, not once but twice, for naming the ISU field the best college field in the country.

There were a couple of slips last night as the temperature cooled.

Or maybe you're the poster who complained about the artificial turf at Trice last year, unaware that it's real grass that only looks fake because it's in such good shape.

I will agree that ISU made the sister-kissers look terrible last night.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ISU has their chance and they were not up to the task- just as Iowa had its chance with Wiscy and could not get it done. As someone already pointed out, Iowa has bigger fish to fry (Ped State).

You'd better get in touch with the Sports Turf Management Association and tell them they've screwed up, not once but twice, for naming the ISU field the best college field in the country.

There were a couple of slips last night as the temperature cooled.

Or maybe you're the poster who complained about the artificial turf at Trice last year, unaware that it's real grass that only looks fake because it's in such good shape.

I will agree that ISU made the sister-kissers look terrible last night.

No I've always thought real grass at MidAmerican Energy Field was pretty cool, kicking it old school. That's why it was so surprising when I flipped over to see guys sliding all over and big chunks of turf churned up. Wondering if those STMA awards and that fat naming-rights check has made the guys out there lazy. Hope not.

If the MidAmerican logo at either end of the field gets torn up so it's not legible does ISU have to give any of that $$$ back?

No I've always thought real grass at MidAmerican Energy Field was pretty cool, kicking it old school. That's why it was so surprising when I flipped over to see guys sliding all over and big chunks of turf churned up. Wondering if those STMA awards and that fat naming-rights check has made the guys out there lazy. Hope not.

If the MidAmerican logo at either end of the field gets torn up so it's not legible does ISU have to give any of that $$$ back?
I remember back in the day in Clyde Williams Field, Johnny Majors had them let the grass grow long when Oklahoma was coming to town. Really pissed off Switzer.

Reactions: scotthawk1964

I can assure you that it isn’t a case of laziness. I’ve known Tim for years and he is a top-notch SFM. One of the best in the country.

This has been a horrible “fall” for turf. Instead of drying out, sunlight, and mellow temperatures, it’s been excessive rain and way too little sunlight. Even on a pure sand field that drains well, things haven’t had a chance to dry out and the root systems are stunted because of it. Anyone growing grass professionally would rather it be too dry than too wet. No question. Things need to dry out to get deep roots, and that window (September, into early October) for “perfect” grass growing/recovery conditions was waterlogged.

Unless we somehow get a 2-week stretch of 75 and sunny, natural grass fields ‘round these parts aren’t going to get a whole lot better.

ISU seems to be putting it together, showing the BIG 12 what can actually be accomplished by playing some defense. The announcers last night referred a couple times back to the ISU vs Iowa game, how this is not the same team that lost in Iowa City, however with all due respect to the announcers, this is not the same Iowa team that beat the Cyclones in Iowa City. Our offense is much better then that game, and our D is still stout.
Ya, I think that a both teams have improved since that game and are aquitting themselves nicely. I do a believe ISU has improved more, considering first game of season, year #3 of Campbell, offensive line reshuffling, new QB, and improving D. I would give a rematch a coin flip, depending on turnovers, home field, and who makes da big plays. :)
Iowa blows ISU out in Kinnick now that our offense is clicking. No question about that. Maybe more of a coin toss at Mid-American Energy Field, but still think the Hawks defense is too tough and would abuse that Freshman QB....and we already know Montgomery wants nothing to do with that Iowa D-line.

I’d give em 7 points and they can play in Ames. Hawks cover.

NO THANK YOU!

Hawks may beat them 8 of 10 were they to play them all. The Clones are a good team though, and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Last season the Buckeyes would have likely beaten the Hawks in 8 of 10 meetings as well, but they got dominated by Iowa on the day that they actually played. That is football!

Iowa blows ISU out in Kinnick now that our offense is clicking. No question about that. Maybe more of a coin toss at Mid-American Energy Field, but still think the Hawks defense is too tough and would abuse that Freshman QB....and we already know Montgomery wants nothing to do with that Iowa D-line.
No chance as all ISU needed was any experience prior to that game.

No chance as all ISU needed was any experience prior to that game.
Same with Iowa. We missed our best O-linemen for first game and some key players for the ISU game. I just won’t use that as an excuse for why Iowa didn’t blow out ISU. I will say that Iowa suffered from some questionable calls....but still Iowa does what Iowa does and overcomes the adversity. NEXT!!!

I’d give em 7 points and they can play in Ames. Hawks cover.

If I were a Hawkeye fan, I would just be glad you won the game that was played.
well I am a Hawkeye fan and I am happy we won the game cuz that's the only one that counts. You can conjecture till now and the cows come home and it's not going to change the fact that I was got a better team than Iowa State.

You would be equivalent to Indiana.
That would be Kansas. Interesting that the top team in the B10 West just got destroyed by the 3rd or 4th best team in the B10 East. ISU has their Minnesotas, Indianas, and directional Iowa and Illinois schools coming up. Had we had the luxury of playing our directional equivalent school to start the season, we would be 5-1. With our SOS, that would put us around 9th or 10th in the current popularity contest.

That would be Kansas. Interesting that the top team in the B10 West just got destroyed by the 3rd or 4th best team in the B10 East. ISU has their Minnesotas, Indianas, and directional Iowa and Illinois schools coming up. Had we had the luxury of playing our directional equivalent school to start the season, we would be 5-1. With our SOS, that would put us around 9th or 10th in the current popularity contest.

Funny%20guy%20laughing%20hysterically.gif

I seriously can't wait to hear what next year's excuse will be.

Too funny.

You would be equivalent to Indiana.
Indiana would kill Kansas (by more than what WV beat them by) and would probably put ISU vs IU as a coin flip game. Hoosiers are a decent team though, so you should feel good about that.

Do B10 and B12 have any commons bowl ties?
I’d love a cyhawk rematch

Not this year, I hope. Because I think the only possibility would conference’s lone bowl tie - the Armed Forces Bowl. ISU still has a shot a NY6 Bowl is they win out, but not the playoff with 3 losses, so that would land them in Sugar Bowl vs an SEC team.

You must not have seen the ISU vs Oklahoma game. I think all clone points came off missed tackles...and that’s the best talent the Big 12 has to offer. LOL!
I saw it, and you're right. Too many missed opportunities. As a clone fan, that's the one I'd like back. That or TCU. The Iowa loss? Meh. Not so much. It's probably Iowa's signature win at this point. You should relish it.

Reactions: CLONE1
I saw it, and you're right. Too many missed opportunities. As a clone fan, that's the one I'd like back. That or TCU. The Iowa loss? Meh. Not so much. It's probably Iowa's signature win at this point. You should relish it.

It's kind of silly to relish something that happens every year and offers basically zero upside. Good overall effort though, B-.

Beating the clowns is never a signature win for us.

Are you low?

You must not have seen the ISU vs Oklahoma game. I think all clone points came off missed tackles...and that’s the best talent the Big 12 has to offer. LOL!
I will say this. I am a little worried about Maryland after what they did to Texas. My God the Big 12 is pathetic.

Just watched the game on video. You were right. Well, you weren't right, but you were closer to right than I was.

The Big 12 champion will have at least 2 losses and probably 3. Every team has a loss and that schedule is backloaded for the top teams. They’re out of the CFP for all intents and purposes. This is a 1 bid NY6 league too. Big Ten likely has a CFP team plus 2 more NY6 bids. I like the league’s chances to have a huge year in bowl season too

If excuses meant anything in the standings, even Nick Saban would bow down to Iowa State. Always with the excuses. Four straight losses to Iowa. All because of awful luck for them and amazing luck for us.

As we all know, Iowa is the only team in the country that improves over the course of the season. Who knows just how ugly things would get for ISU if they had to play Iowa in November...

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS

Indiana equivalent to Kansas?
Michigan the 3rd or 4th best team in the B1G East?
Assuming a little more time on the field in week 1 completely changes the outcome of the game week 2?
Iowa State is a lightning delay away from being ranked 9th or 10th?

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT