ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Maryland Game Thread*****

I completely agree with you. But that also means you have to respect his beliefs. Maybe he is atheist, maybe he is of a different faith that does not believe in Christianity. As stated I have a LONG way to go in my faith so it’s a bit hypocritical to judge others
I'm not judging him, just asking that he not use that term.

Got here late but I see BTN is showing total fouls at 12 to 4 instead of just saying bonus+. Another game I guess where the team that plays zero defense and avoids contact at all costs still some how committed fouls at a 3:1 ratio. Makes sense.
You guys amaze me. The less athletic team is chasing, a step behind, slow to block out or rushes to close out(which we are absolutely terrible at) which all leads to lots of fouls. The aggressive team drives the ball as Maryland did and drew contact. Maryland locked down on defense (yes, that’s allowed) and forced us into late jumpers in the shot clock. And then our fans whined about the refs.

Last post on the issue. Just be aware of what you are saying. I know damn well not one of you would say F Mohammad.
Don't do it with Christanity either.
I'm not attacking him personally, just asking him to not use a term that is offensive.
How hard is that to be an adult and not use phrases like that.
So childish too disrespect people like that.
Let it go.

And Muhammad married a 5-year-old. I personally have no problem saying eff him.

• Love
Reactions: LukaDuka
Maybe because of an 18 point turnaround from a 10 point lead to 8 point deficit in just a few minutes....in a game where Maryland went 85% of the game without holding a lead. Who gives a f__k what was predicted BEFORE the game was played. The game was played. Iowa led for the vast majority and melted down. That is why.
That doesn't sound horrifically bad..........that just sounds like Iowa.

(At least an Iowa team coached by Fran)

Iowa has pretty much the same Achilles heel every year, The lack of elite guards. Can’t beat tough aggressive defense off the dribble and cant stay in front of aggressive guards on defense.

Fran just doesn't think he needs tough aggressive guards. He'd rather have lanky "position-less" guys that float around the 3 point line and cannot stay in front of their guy on Defense

You guys amaze me. The less athletic team is chasing, a step behind, slow to block out or rushes to close out(which we are absolutely terrible at) which all leads to lots of fouls. The aggressive team drives the ball as Maryland did and drew contact. Maryland locked down on defense (yes, that’s allowed) and forced us into late jumpers in the shot clock. And then our fans whined about the refs.
Did you happen to see Perk get body checked, not once, but twice with no call...then Young brushes bodies with Sandfort and a quick whistle?

Screenshot-20240214-215322.png

This really is my last post.
Let's say you have a meeting in a room of 200 people. A gathering, that's what this board is.
Would you say jfc on a microphone or F Mohammed to the whole group?
It's the exact same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
Can someone on the staff let Fran know he doesn't get bonus points for keeping TO's?? Hawks can't get a score down the stretch, players look out of sync, need a set play to get a run started....... but Fran can't coach x's and o's so stands with his hands in his pockets.

Did you happen to see Perk get body checked, not once, but twice with no call...then Young brushes bodies with Sandfort and a quick whistle?

I saw Harding and Krikke both straight up vertically and both were called for and ones. I saw Dembele get bull rushed and called for a blocking foul. Something that went uncalled on the other end probably because they’re more athletic and likely better defenders.

When Iowa went from 2 fouls to 9 fouls it wasn’t because of close outs or block outs. It was because they wouldn’t let Iowa play defense like Maryland. I thought up until or around the 10 minute mark it was well officiated, they let them play, then they didn’t. That last 10 minutes was pathetically officiated.

quad 1 wins for what?
At this point, most any quad 1 wins will be considered flukes. It's over I think. Barring winning out and 2 wins in the B1G tournament. I keep coming back for more, hoping this team turns it around. And every time - nada. Fire Fran.

I did. And it was a missed call. Missed calls happen. We were doubling the post early and daring Maryland to hit jumpers. And it was working. The problem is we have zero backup for Freeman, he gets tired banging as a Freshman and gets in foul trouble every game. Then it’s either Dembele or Brauns. Dembele was bad tonight. We have no interior defense. We have Freeman and we have Perkins. Those are the only 2 guys even capable of playing defense.

I saw Perkins resort to hero ball again. But IMO ..not his fault, he was not put in a good position to succeed and thats on the coach.

Reactions: littlez
This is the reason no lead is safe with this team. We’re not stronger than most teams and we’re aren’t gonna out athletic or be faster than most of the teams in the conference either. So Iowa has to play very smart basketball and when fatigue sets in on a team that’s already at a disadvantage in the bigger faster stronger categories those fouls are gonna come at a higher clip. We just dont have the guys that are really big and strong or the guys that are really fast and quick and bouncy and we most definitely don’t have one or two guys that’s are a combo of all of that!

He started it. I never brought any faith into the convo, he did. Do you disagree with the context of my argument? I don't bash atheists or call then out. He chose to use the term Jfc, which is offensive to the Christian faith. Is Islam offensive to you too?
Pretty funny you've accused him of being juvenile and childish and then come with "he started it"😆. Christians say JFC all the time, try not being such a candy ass

It’s that conspiracy against Iowa. They wanted that 5 win Maryland team to win. Always out to get us.

When Iowa went from 2 fouls to 9 fouls it wasn’t because of close outs or block outs. It was because they wouldn’t let Iowa play defense like Maryland. I thought up until or around the 10 minute mark it was well officiated, they let them play, then they didn’t. That last 10 minutes was pathetically officiated.

Iowa got a bad whistle. That said, I think our problems were on offense and not being able to deal with defenderst that bodied our guys. Maryland guys are all fast twitch, muscled guys. Look at Josh Dix and Sandfort...no muscle. Look at Krikke and PMAC....they aren't strong and neither one wants any part of physical play.

I was a hopeful for next year....but.....I can't see Perkins returning to a 6-8 B1G win team. He'll get better NIL money elsewhere and can win. Even if Perkins returns, we need better 3pt shooting from our guards and more athleticism. Bringing in Kooper Koch is not fixing our lack of guards.

Pretty funny you've accused him of being juvenile and childish and then come with "he started it"😆. Christians say JFC all the time, try not being such a candy ass
No one I know says jfc, not even children. So childish. Its offensive to some people. You think it's okay to offend people's beliefs?
I'm shocked, I shouldn't be. World is a shit show.

Last post on the issue. Just be aware of what you are saying. I know damn well not one of you would say F Mohammad.
Don't do it with Christanity either.
I'm not attacking him personally, just asking him to not use a term that is offensive.
How hard is that to be an adult and not use phrases like that.
So childish too disrespect people like that.
You didn't get your participation trophy did you? This is a sports thread, not a religious forum. Much worse in the world to worry about. You spent over 2 hours bitching about a JFC acronym when you could've shoud've been reading your bible verses. Shame on you... and the f'ing high horse you rode in on.

saturday night live snl GIF

No one I know says jfc, not even children. So childish. Its offensive to some people. You think it's okay to offend people's beliefs?
I'm shocked, I shouldn't be. World is a shit show.
The world is a shit show in large part due to religion, which is the worst invention in the history of mankind. Jesus ****ing Christ, give it a rest. You support Crusaders and kid-diddlers.

Reactions: LukaDuka
You didn't get your participation trophy did you? This is a sports thread, not a religious forum. Much worse in the world to worry about. You spent over 2 hours bitching about a JFC acronym when you could've shoud've been reading your bible verses. Shame on you... and the f'ing high horse your road in on.

saturday night live snl GIF
It is a sports forum , so don't use religious entities in your conversation.

Iowa got a bad whistle. That said, I think our problems were on offense and not being able to deal with defenderst that bodied our guys. Maryland guys are all fast twitch, muscled guys. Look at Josh Dix and Sandfort...no muscle. Look at Krikke and PMAC....they aren't strong and neither one wants any part of physical play.

I was a hopeful for next year....but.....I can't see Perkins returning to a 6-8 B1G win team. He'll get better NIL money elsewhere and can win. Even if Perkins returns, we need better 3pt shooting from our guards and more athleticism. Bringing in Kooper Koch is not fixing our lack of guards.
Perkins to Purdue next year? lol

The world is a shit show in large part due to religion, which is the worst invention in the history of mankind. Jesus ****ing Christ, give it a rest. You support Crusaders and kid-diddlers.
You confuse religion with God. Two separate things. Religion is conceived by the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT